Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: You are a Dragon  (Read 6708 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dragon
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 08:55:56 am »

Probably a stupid question but can those of us without the Fire element, breathe fire/generate heat? I've been assuming up to this point that we can, simply because the word "dragon" is synonymous with the ability to exhale flame. However, I'm not sure if that's what you intended.

(The only ones who can do a fire breath attack are those with the fire element.  Only Water is the only one outside of fire that has the generation of heat, and that is for its scalding water breath attack.  Technically, light elementals could heat something using a low power beam attack, but that is the closest any other element can get.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 09:37:37 am »

(Ah, thanks. Disregard my earlier mentions of smoke then.)
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 04:16:46 pm »

I'm dropping out. PTW

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 04:56:32 pm »

Hello. I'll fill in for Urist.

(Yours is the only one that hasn't spoken, by the way.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 03:59:37 pm »

(I'm going to assume inter-player interactions are finished.)

Ganjgrimouire

Karathak manages to take a bit of the meat before you can stop and catch her.  You decide to count the meat as los, and return to your task of cleaning the kill.  You do so at slightly below your average pace, having met with sections that were more difficult than normal to get around.  You still manage to finish within two hours, though.  After setting out the skin to dry, you wind up running into Karathak again, and go after her in a short chase.  This chase winds up going into the temple, and Karathak accidentally misjudging a turn and running into a wall, only ending up with a few scrapes, due to the wall collapsing.  It collapses away from you both, revealing a previously hidden room with the walls filled with scrolls.  There appear to be only a few cobwebs inside, which is different from most of the rooms you had come across when searching for books or scrolls.  It appears that the 'wall' was once a secret door, but had grown weak over time.

Karathak

You manage to take a bit of meat from Ganjgrimouire.  He only chases you for a short time, before deciding to return to tending to the corpse.  You then wander through the old Guild area, at times fantasizing about being a mercenary within the Fighter's Guild, being a wealthy trader within the Merchants Guild, or a scholar of the elements at the Mage's Guild.  During this, you lose track of the time, and wind up running into Ganjgrimouire.  You both wind up going through a chase that leads you into the Temple, and, when you misjudge a turn, result in you running into a wall that gives way.  Within, you see a room filled with scrolls, and you notice that the wall was actually a secret door having grown weak due to time.

Zalmorai and Avressel
The two of you head out to an area where one of you had seen a herd of deer at yesterday.  It takes a bit of time to find the herd, but when you do, you notice something odd that causes the two of you to hold back.  Two beings that walk upon their back legs are slightly visible approaching the herd from a different direction.  Both appear to walk upon their hind legs, with their forelegs held above the ground, even when walking upon them would give them a stealth advantage.  They have no fur, except upon the top, back, and sides of their heads, only having the skin beneath the fur.  Their faces are flat, with the exception of a very blunt and small muzzle roughly in the middle of their head, between their eyes.  One has ears shaped like an inverted raindrop, while the other has something similar, but the top goes to a point rather than rounding out.  They both wear something similar to the armors you had seen within the city, and are made of leather rather than metal.  The one with the pointy ears has a tube of leather upon its back, which contains feathers attached to sticks.  In that same being's hands is a curved stick, with a string connecting the ends.  The being places one of the sticks upon the stick with strings, pulls back on the string, and sends the feathered stick flying and kills one of the deer, causing the herd to scatter.  The being then rapidly downs two more of the fleeing deer with the stick-thrower, before the two leave the brush.  You then see that the one with the rounded ears has what appears to be a very long and a very short claw, both apparently designed to be held in the hands and protrude off to one side, hanging from two containers just above the hind legs.  Interestingly, neither appear to have tails, and the one with the pointed ears appears to have two swells upon their chest.  How odd.

Calemvir
Your search for food leads you to the city's Warehouse district.  You wind up meeting up with Rozask when you are looking through one of the buildings.  After a period of searching, the two of you wind up discovering a small cache of old manifests within one of the buildings.  Upon them are listings of weapons, armor, healing crystals, food supplies, raw ore, and refined ingots.

Rozask
Your decision to search through the city slowly brings you to the Warehouse district.  There, you wind up meeting up with Calemvir, and the two of you decide to search through the area together.  After a period of searching, the two of you wind up discovering a small cache of old manifests within one of the buildings.  Upon them are listings of weapons, armor, healing crystals, food supplies, raw ore, and refined ingots.

(That was...a little difficult to try and describe a human and an elf from the perspective of something that has never seen any (probably didn't describe them too well).  Also, I should mention that while the dragons do know many words, they do not know what foreign weapons and species are called.)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 04:33:36 pm »

"Avressel, let's follow them. Maybe we can take their kills if they get distracted."

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »

Rozask.

For once, Calemvir is serious. His usual jovial nature has been replaced by something else.

These writings speak of great treasures. Shining crystals, metal crafts... His voice trails off.

Calemvir ceases his murmuring, and focuses once more.

The people of this land must have constructed a mighty hoard.

He speaks hesitantly:
Brother. I...desire...these riches. 

Looking to Rozask quizzically, Do you feel the same?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:51:26 pm by Prudent Viper »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 05:02:37 pm »

"While my lust for knowledge is great, this can do no good, whether it will turn to dust, now that it is exposed to air, or it is enchanted to resist the elements, in which case this place is sufficiently prepared when it comes to roasting curious dragons. He takes a long careful look around the revealed area, taking as long as it takes to memorize it's location and interesting objects, before heading out of the temple.

"Refrain from wasting my time, whether by snatching my food, or leading my hunger addled self about." I state to Karathak as I calmly exit, clutching my traveling meal and finishing off the last of it. I then take the bones to where I left the hide, and place them at the base of my impromptu drying rack.

Edit* After that I go back to the temple and examine the outside of it carefully.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:50:16 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »

"Avressel, let's follow them. Maybe we can take their kills if they get distracted."
"Yes, sister-mine, but with caution. The things are tall, and they carry metal teeth. The prey of this wood are ours by right, but we are not so large that we may take them without danger."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 06:27:39 pm »

Karathak ignores Ganji's warning, and begins to look through the scrolls, trying to read them.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 08:00:18 am »

We should go find Ganji. Perhaps he can glean something more from this information.

Calemvir's smile returns...And perhaps I can "glean" some lunch. Join me.

He turns to leave the building.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:50:11 am by Prudent Viper »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2014, 08:59:25 am »

((Bump))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2014, 06:18:29 pm »

Ganjgrimouire

You leave Karathak behind as you exit the building.  After you finish off the meat, you return the bones to where you had placed the hide, where you wind up running into Calmvir and Rozask.

Karathak

After you make certain the Ganjgrimouire has lost you, you return to the place you two had discovered.  You begin to pick up one of the scrolls, and, to your delight, it does not fall to pieces.  You carefully bring it over to a desk set within the room, and carefully roll it out.  You were never one for reading, but from what you can deign, it appears to be a scroll of a Mind element technique.  You cannot decipher what the power is, or how to use it, but this discovery greatly gladdens you.

Zalmorai and Avressel

You both carefully slink through the grass.  As you get closer, you begin to hear the two of them speaking.  You are barely able to understand what they are saying, but do manage to gleam from the conversation they are having as they somewhat awkwardly walk away with the corpses that they have a camp nearby that contains two more of beings like them.  One of them mentions a name that, while you are not certain what it is, sends shivers down both of your spines.  This shiver causes you both to stop, and allows them to get enough distance that you are unable to hear their conversation past that point.

Calemvir and Rozask
Both of you head out with a few of the files to search for Ganjgrimouire.  After a short while, you wind up happening upon him where he is drying a hide, likely from the kill he had earlier.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2014, 06:25:03 pm »

"Greetings brothers." I state as I tend to stripping the bones and cleaning the flesh, I start to breathe a black mist of shadow in the leather, lightly at first, and then with more gusto if it has any noticeable effect.

"Have you business with me, my kin?"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:59:08 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2014, 06:32:49 pm »

Take as many scrolls as I can carry back to the cave. If I see Ganji, hide somewhere nearby and wait for him to leave.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6