Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: <Taskforce> Desperate Times for the T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E.  (Read 18147 times)

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Master Car Thief
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2014, 08:17:56 pm »

Aid Malachi in stealing the trucks preferably a gas truck once the truckers head off
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2014, 09:54:32 pm »

Go to the far mwhile hunting for animals. Take all the meat I can get.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2015, 10:39:00 pm »

((I'm gonna drop out. I came up with my truck-through-barn plan only because I thought it would get us through the tutorial within the week. It's just too slow-paced for me.))

I'm sorry to hear that, but I understand. Circumstance has hurt my update cycle greatly, though my situation is normalizing. I can't promise things won't happen again in the future, but I will do my best to minimize their effects on my GMing and I'll try and squeeze in as many updates as possible even during more stressful times. Props to everyone for sticking through for me.

New turn up soon. Soon as in a maximum of 3 days. I promise. 

EDIT: Damn, surprises popped up. Is thursday? Just gotta' get my shit straightened out, I'll be back real quick.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:36:03 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Laundromat - Destroyer of Worlds
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2015, 01:10:01 am »

Laundromat - Destroyer of Worlds

Wait until the truckers disperse, then follow one or two of them.
Aid Malachi in stealing the trucks preferably a gas truck once the truckers head off

Malachi and Ross holds their place at the Truck Stop as more and more truckers begin to congregate. They attempts to looks as unassuming as possible, pretending to focus on a discarded softcore magazines they picked up on the premises while secretly watching the truckers. They see one of them head off on his own, so they put down the magazines and begins to pursue him. [Stealth: 3] The trucker is entering a public restroom when he suddenly turns around, and Malachi dives behind a trash can, while Ross hides behind the wheel of a big rig. The trucker looks around suspiciously for a few seconds before heading into the restrooms. They weren't spotted, wasn't spotted, but the trucker is now on his guard.

"I'm going to burn this damn field down after we're done with this."

Try again. Hopefully the wind will die down a bit.
Call up the truck team, tell them of the obstacle

Shit, the boys ain't gonna like this

Ruiz sends a message to the entire team about the pick-up truck in front of the house. It looks like ramming a truck straight into the house isn't going to work, the plan will have to be modified. If the pick-up truck could be moved or passed, then the house would be open for anything, but maybe it would be better to come up with something new...
Samuel waits for the wind to die down before resuming his scouting. [Scouting: 2] He adjusts the scope again, and just as he begins to get a good read, the winds pick up even stronger than before, the corn whipping around violently. The wind is so strong that a chunk of corn comes loose and whacks Samuel in the face. At some point in his life, he must have been cursed by the Anemoi.

"Eh, Reese... Need a hand with that? Sounds kinda loud..."
Attempt to quickly shut off the alarm, then to assist in hotwiring the van

Everett and Vivian run over to help Reese with the car alarm, but right before they get there the alarm suddenly stops. "Don't worry, I got it," says Reese as he manages to successfully hotwire the vehicle. "It really isn't that hard," says Reese as he continues fiddling with the ignition. "You just have to-" the car jerks forward, interrupting Reese as it speeds up dramatically zooming out of the alley. It accelerates across the street, through the sidewalk and through the front window of a Laundromat, finally crashing into a row of laundry machines. Shocked, Everett and Vivian run to help their teammate who must have gotten wounded in the crash. About half-way across the street, the van bursts into flames. Then a light, a rippling explosion so powerful that both of them are stopped in there tracks. The van has set off the machines as well, a creating a chaining of exploding kinetic energy. The van is on fire. The Laundromat is on fire. There is fire. So much fire. The sprinklers activate, pitifully splashing water against the raging inferno.

The Introductory Mission might not be a joke afterwards.

K.I.A. - Reese Elliot: Car crash and subsequent explosion.

"I was talking about the height."

"Oh, my mistake. I do have something that could interest you..." The worker goes into the back and comes out with a rectangular package. He opens it to reveal a pristine, fresh hunting rifle. It's the TACT Predator. 5.56 Nato/223 Remington, 8 pounds, 38.25 inches, 20 inch barrel, chrome-moly steel. There's not much wildlife that will take more than a single good shot, even big game will only need a couple good ones. And at 1500 dollars? That's a bargain."

Go to the far mwhile hunting for animals. Take all the meat I can get.

Rob goes hunting on the farm property. [Hunting: 2] Unfortunately, he doesn't find much more game, his first shot must have scared the surrounding animals away. He does find a jackrabbit, but it gets away before he can line up a proper shot. To make matters worse, Rob hears police sirens in the distance. He doesn't have a hunting permit on him, so how does he explain to the cop what he's doing? Maybe the police are sirening for someone else? Still, if they're going to come to him, he better have a good explanation, or escape route...

Spoiler: Supply Crate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E. (click to show/hide)

With everything settled, I truly believe this game can reach a semi-regular update schedule. I want to thank everyone here for sticking it through.

While this was an overall negative turn, I wouldn't say that the whole mission is turning out badly. This game does take some inspiration from Einsteinian Roulette, but trust me, it's not likely you will end the mission with the entire town destroyed and half the team requiring post-mission amputations. Unless giant Laundromats incidents keep happening, but I digress. Werty and Kingbodz are doing well with their truck-jacking while Hawk and Tamer haven't been discovered yet. I see good progress happening in the near future, so you guys keep doing what you do best, and I will do my best to improve and stabilize myself as GM.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:44 am »

Scout out the back area of the compound
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2015, 05:25:42 am »

Fall flat on the ground and crawl away from the road.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2015, 05:44:52 am »

Owen lets out a low whistle that just keeps going lower as he watches the fire, before he starts to backpedal away.

"Thats... wow... Ah... We might want to get away, what with that going to call in cops, and us with warrants out in places and firearms and all... Our best bet is to GTFO while we can and link up with others..."

Owen starts sneaking away from the inferno, heading back to base.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2015, 12:52:08 pm »

Hop in the nearest truck before the trucker comes back. Attempt to hotwire
Ah.. shit. We gotta hurry.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2015, 02:15:45 pm »

"..."

Scream internally in fury. Try again.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »

Buy the gun and some ammo. Put it on the Syndicate charge card. Then head wherever I'm supposed to be going.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2015, 08:49:20 pm »

((I see the $220 mission limit has gone to the afterlife  :P))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2015, 09:40:41 pm »

Buy the gun and some ammo. Put it on the Syndicate charge card. Then head wherever I'm supposed to be going.

Alex picks up the rifle as well as a few clips of ammo. At the checkout, he takes out his trusty Syndicate Credit Card to use in the purchase.

"....Um, this card has been declined."

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2015, 09:43:30 pm »

Slowly walk out the door with the gun, and then run like hell!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Desperate Times for the T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E.
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2015, 09:12:30 pm »

Desperate Times for the T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E.

Scout out the back area of the compound
"..."

Scream internally in fury. Try again.

Ruiz crouchwalks along the growing stalks of corn to the back of the compound. [Stealth: 6] Ruiz makes it back there without any of the Hamper Bros suspecting a thing. From the rear, where the plants are no longer corn but wheat, Ruiz can see the back entrance of the barn as well as a southern door leading into the house. There's a large gas generator at the back of the house, which could definitely come in handy lady.
Samuel nearly goes insane but again tries scouting out the compound with his scope once more. [Scouting: 4] This time, Samuel manages to overcome his greatest two enemies, wind and corn. While most of the brothers look like they are armed, there is one on the roof with a rifle, although his rifle is not equipped and instead resting on the ledge. Samuel also gets a view into the front of the house's layout: There's a porch with a door that leads into a hallway. To the west of the hallway is what looks like a living room that has a southern entrance into a kitchen. To the right of the hallway is another large room, though it looks like it's just filled with boxes and mattresses.

Fall flat on the ground and crawl away from the road.

Rob hits the ground and crawls into the plants to hide between their stalks. The police arrive shortly, parking their patrol car on the side of the road and exiting. They haven't caught sight of him, but Rob knows they saw him from before. One speaks into his transmitter, "Got a complaint on I-87, an individual shooting a rifle into the air. Tall, muscular build, Caucasian with black hair." They pull out their flashlights, making their way towards the plants...

Owen lets out a low whistle that just keeps going lower as he watches the fire, before he starts to backpedal away.

"Thats... wow... Ah... We might want to get away, what with that going to call in cops, and us with warrants out in places and firearms and all... Our best bet is to GTFO while we can and link up with others..."

Owen starts sneaking away from the inferno, heading back to base.

Owen backs up from the fire, slowly, and just books it away from the site as it would soon be swarming with officers. He loses Vivian on the way but it makes back to the base building unharmed though he is out of breath.

Hop in the nearest truck before the trucker comes back. Attempt to hotwire
Ah.. shit. We gotta hurry.

Ross rushes to the nearest truck and begins working on the locked door. [Lockpicking: 4-1 (No tools)] He gets through, though it takes him a bit of time, a commodity that both him and Malachi are desperately low on. [Hotwiring: 2-1 (No tools)] Ross gets on the ignition, getting it going, and instead sets off the horns. The really loud-ass horns. Not good.

Slowly walk out the door with the gun, and then run like hell!

Alex takes the gun, slowly walking out towards the door. "Sir, what are you-?" [Sprinting: 4] Alex clutches the gun and books it out. "Hey, get back here!" The store clerk chases him for a bit, but Alex manages to lose him eventually. Still, he gave plenty of time to the clerk to call the cops, though he has his gun now. (+TACT Predator Hunting Rifle)

Spoiler: Supply Crate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E. (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Desperate Times for the T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E.
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2015, 04:24:43 am »

Crawl. Silently. Fast.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13