Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I allow in more players/ characters?

Yes players, yes characters (max 2 chars)
- 0 (0%)
yes players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, yes characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
(write in)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 09:42:29 pm

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 109

Author Topic: RWBY RP OOC: RIP Monty Oum (Combat Adjusted)  (Read 122233 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY RP OOC: RIP Monty Oum (Combat Adjusted)
« Reply #915 on: March 29, 2015, 11:03:19 pm »

Elf, probably the most difficult for you since yours is the most developed.  I need you to pick only three of your listed glyphs... or respec, as you almost never use dust or your normal attacks.

Choose from:
- Blue, cuneiform: Ice projects from the glyph as a shield, protecting Maeve and anyone behind her.
- Red, hieroglyphics: A jet of fire produces from the glyph.
- Yellow, ogham: A bolt of lightning strikes out from the glyph.
- Green, runic alphabet: A gust of cutting wind slices through anywhere nearby.
- Black, pentagram in the center: Snares what stands on top of it or near it in place. Limited to one target.
- White, kanji: Blasts an enemy with blinding light, damaging them and blinding them temporarily.

KJ pretty simple... if you didn't have more choices than Maeve.  So:
1) Readiness: Ongoing effects end 1 turn sooner
2) Burliness: Regen 20 hp per round
3) Steadiness: 1/2 chance for stuns to fail
4) Chanciness: If you roll higher than your opponent on a round where you use Chanciness, the damage they would have done is redirected to them and they lose 1 momentum.  However, should they roll higher, you take net damage and lose a momentum.

PrivateNomad I apologize for not defining your powers sooner.
1) Restore aura: Same calculation as a combat roll, lose one momentum.  Deals damage to Grimm gain one momentum.  Has a three round cooldown
2) Damage: Same calculation as a combat roll.  Heals Grimm.  No momentum change.  Has a 3 round cooldown
3) Barrier: 120 point damage reduction on target for the next three rounds. 
4) Temporary Summon White: Summon a white Grimm. Has a stat strata of Aura 5, Weapon skill 15, Semblance 20. 200 Aura cost
5) Temporary Summon Black: Summon a black Grimm.  Has a stat strata of Aura 10 Weapon skill 30, Semblance 20.  Has a 10% chance of going rampant each round and attacking Braith or his Allies.  200 Aura cost

projeck37
1) Disruption: Whenever she takes damage, Chryssa rolls for a 1-25% damage reduction.
2) Distortion: Chryssa is able to roll for an additional 1-25% damage attack
3) Collection: Chryssa can forgo her damage reduction to store damage inside her.  1 damage point per hit (More skills related to that incoming)
4) Connection: Chryssa uses stored damage points to increase her momentum.  1 momentum for 2 damage points.

Sanure I apologize for not having more creative abilities for yours.
1) Avert death: The first time that Falu would be dropped below 1 Health in any combat session, she may negate the damage entirely
2) Turn their Blade: Whenever she takes damage, Falu rolls for a 1-25% damage reduction
3) From a New Angle: Falu is able to roll for an additional 1-25% damage attack
4) Grimm Biology: 10% chance to ignore negative status effects entirely.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:16:54 am by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 29, 2015, 11:07:06 pm »

That looks good.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 29, 2015, 11:08:43 pm »

Sorry forgot to add a penalty to chanciness. 

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 29, 2015, 11:12:17 pm »

Still looks good.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 30, 2015, 01:18:11 am »

Looks good Void.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 30, 2015, 01:22:56 am »

Actually, for the sake of variety maybe change readiness' effect to Burliness' effect and change Burliness to... give extra aura points or something?

1245trent8

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 30, 2015, 02:17:18 am »

Character
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:21:33 am by 1245trent8 »

1245trent8

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 30, 2015, 02:37:54 am »

Character
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 30, 2015, 11:17:14 am »

Anyone else have any corrections they would like? I'll have zero's and trents skill up this afternoon evening.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 30, 2015, 11:19:25 am »

I'm good.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 30, 2015, 11:31:39 am »

Sounds good.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:41 am »

I'll take Red, Green and Black.

1245trent8

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 30, 2015, 12:39:25 pm »

Thanks Mrvoid

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 30, 2015, 06:32:55 pm »

Zero skills
Obscuring mist: The air around Zero rapidly cools condensing the water in the air into a fog that surrounds him and nearby combatants. All fighters around Zero suffer a 10% penalty to attack rolls.
Chilling mist: Enemies around Zero when thick mist is in play and chilling mist is activated must make a save against Ice damage or be prevented from gaining momentum from weapon attacks for three turns.  Once the save is made, Chilling mist has no effect.
To the bone:  Obscuring mist is dispelled for two rounds for a chance to stun the opponent for those two rounds.  Can only be used once per battle.  Has a 5 round cooldown.
Slick floor: 10% chance of the floor being icy when obscuring mist is active, disrupting weapon attacks.

Trent:
Tricky kick: Using his own natural frictionlessness, Trent can slide in for a quick and not natural to watch or stop blow.  Bypasses any defensive buffs.
Slippery push: Automatically wins against an active defense uses
I'll take that: Human enemy must make a save or be disarmed no damage
Can't catch up: passive 10% chance to do additional damage equal to 50% of damage dealt to the enemy this turn
Blindspot: passive 10% chance to slip behind an enemies blindspot, preventing them from being able to attack him till they save against it.
Childsplay: He deals damage to a base stat using the formula semblance skill*d100% 3 round cooldown.
I'm bored: A quick snap and the fight is over.  If he stays in an enemies blindspot for 3 rounds straight, he can instantly kill them.

Maeve
Red Hieroglyphics: A jet of fire produces from the glyph.  Causes the enemy to start burning 1 through max Semblance skill*10 for 3 rounds or forgo an action to dispel on a successful hit. +1 momentum
Green Runic alphabet: A gust of cutting wind slices through anywhere nearby.   Enemies affected must make a save or be prevented from gaining momentum for two rounds. 3 round Cooldown.
Black, pentagram in the center: Snares what stands on top of it or near it in place. Limited to one target.  Prevents the use of all skills requiring motion, ie most weapon, dust and semblance skills, for two rounds.  +1 momentum

Jet Black, almost forgot.
Force of will: The first time Jet Black would be reduced below 1 Hp in a battle he instead ignores the damage entirely.
Manifest limbs: No other actions, Jet summons additional limbs to help him in combat.  One arm can be summoned at a time per turn at no action cost and provide an additional 1/6 of his semblance skill to weapon skill, counts as a buff.  1 is destroyed every two hits and every 10% of his health that disappears.
Arm points: Gained from using weapon skill attacks.  Spent for semblance attacks.
You... too much: 2 Arm points, if the enemy attempts anything other than attacking Jet directly he attacks first and stops it.
You can't stop me: 2 Arm points His semblance improves twice as fast for two rounds.
Flurry of blows: 3 Arm points Jet's arms move fast enough to break the sound barrier.  2X current combat momentum on next turn
I will break everything: 3 Arm points Jet engages in a furious onslaught that completely prevents his opponent from movement actions for two turns.
Burst: 4 Arm points, Something truly spectacular happens, Jet blacks enemies cower.  Contextual and extremely deadly debuffs and damage.
Destructor: 6 Arm points, Everything that Jet black wants dead, dies. Needs 3-4 additional arms to activate

You said Asura's Wrath, so I made him OP... Don't worry though, professors Fae and Mesh still have him beat.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:01:32 pm by MrVoid »

1245trent8

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 30, 2015, 07:04:32 pm »

the skills looks good
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 109