Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: For the Good of the Village 3.5 - IC  (Read 4114 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
For the Good of the Village 3.5 - IC
« on: September 28, 2014, 06:57:48 pm »

For the Good of the Village

The meeting hall is quiet, the only sound breaking the silence is the first of many flies of the spring season buzzing about. Gathered here are the village elders, the most respected five members of the village, elected by elders of generations past.

They are looking at you.

"Layla. Chaiket. Drenza. Arsolf. You know why you are here, yes?"

The balding man with white beard does not pause. His name floats to the front of your mind; He is Jarad, and often spends his time in Meditation. You know this is a serious problem, as he does not call these meetings lightly, outside of the schedule.

"For the past month, a group of thieves have been stealing our food in the cover of night. It is clear they do not want conflict, but this cannot go on any longer.
"You must stop them. We know they come when the guards are not posted at the stores all night. They do not risk contact with armed villagers. They come and go without a trace, save their footprints which mark them Kobold. We know not where they are holed up - we cannot spare guards this time of year. Please, track them down and find them and stop this crime."

The man steps back, and another steps forward. You recognize him as the captain of the guard, chainmail on and helm in hand; It is tradition that nothing shall obscure the face of any whom enter this hall.

"We know when they come and which direction they head, and not much else. Please let me know what you would like done to help us aid you from here in the village. We cannot offer anything more at this time."

He speaks quickly, keeping short with you. He was never a talkative man. He stands before you, awaiting an answer.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:10:28 pm by Pufferfish »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: For the Good of the Village 3.5 - OOC
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 07:00:02 pm »

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:07:01 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 07:00:40 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:09:29 am by Pufferfish »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »

Layla just stands there quietly behind the others, letting them take the lead. She ducks her head anytime anyone stares in her general direction.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:16:05 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: For the Good of the Village 3.5 - IC
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 05:59:29 am »

Chaiket was sitting cross-legged on the floor, staring up unblinkingly.
"Nothing comes to mind..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 04:09:50 pm »

"We'll do our best. I, personally, will need an hour to gather my armor and weapons. I'm sure the kids will need some time as well. Simply point us in their direction."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 04:37:53 pm »

Drenza merely stands quietly in the corner, slightly bored.

"Any other pertinent information?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »

"Nothing more than their tracks and general location. They appear to be coming from the North."

The captain steps back. One of the three women of the council step forward.

"We have some small trinkets that will come in handy.

"Layla, Chaiket, Drenza. For you three, a Pearl of Power each. May they aid you in your magic."

As she places each pearl in your hands, you feel as if you can cast another spell of the first level each day.

"And Arsolf, for you we have a Necklace of health. May it keep you alive and well."

She hands you the necklace, leaving the pendant in your hands and piling the thin mithril chain atop, before stepping back into place.

Jarad steps forward one more time.

"That is all. Thank you. Captain Crad will be able to help you if you find you need more information"

Free from the town hall, you are free to do what you must. You know there is another wizard in town, more a recluse than anything, but helpful with his scroll scribing and potion brewing. You know where the food shed is, and you know the general direction of where to head to find the Kobold cave.

What do you do now?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 06:03:41 pm »

((Technically, PoPs work only for preparing spellcasters, but I guess I can live with it.))

Drenza stands for a moment, wondering what to do next, and decides on a plan of action immediately.

"I think the choice is obvious. We camp out at the food shed, then I beguile a thief into leading me to the hideout. Thoughts?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 06:09:10 pm »

((Well now they work for everyone :P))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 06:17:11 pm »

Layla travels to her small shop, locks up all her wares, and puts up the equivilant to a "closed"  sign. She briefly considers hiding in the shop before returning to the group. I....can't find anything wrong with that...
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 06:48:00 pm »

"Very well... Everyone be careful. Don't hurt anyone unless we have to. It's possible we can make a deal." Arsolf said as he left to fetch his items from home and, once he was decked in his gear, headed to the food shed.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 06:55:04 pm »

Layla checks the spells she has memorized, and heads to the shed. She finds a convenient box to hide behind...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 08:04:11 pm »

Chaiket padded along at Arsolf's heels, folloing him about. Once they had arrived at the food stores, reasonably certain she was well hidden behind some rather heavy clay pots began to read an ancient book. It was written in Draconic, and a pale pink tongue poked out the sides of her mouth in concentration as she tried to decipher it. She wasn't great at Draconic, but the book was rather interesting...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 08:10:52 pm »

Hide somewhere close to Chaiket.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7