Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 31576 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [11/20]
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2014, 05:48:40 pm »

((Sigylden is still closed. Unless the incubation period is really long, I don't see how 90% got infected.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2014, 05:51:02 pm »

Screw magic. I want mah science!

Now, if you say that its biomechanical augmentations that allow a body to manipulate forces in a way that makes it seem like magic, that Im fine with.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

((Sigylden is still closed. Unless the incubation period is really long, I don't see how 90% got infected.))

The obvious answer is MAGIC.
Screw magic. I want mah science!

Now, if you say that its biomechanical augmentations that allow a body to manipulate forces in a way that makes it seem like magic, that Im fine with.

That is basically the same thing, just one has technobable behind it.  :-\. Besides, the back story states they where able to use magic far before science was advanced to any real point.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »

Well, fuck. Magic winds up with me doing silly bullshit, so Im off.
Who wants a nice country?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2014, 05:57:45 pm »

((I don't accept a wizard did it as an answer, usually. Bye asea.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2014, 05:59:07 pm »

That is basically the same thing, just one has technobable behind it.  :-\. Besides, the back story states they where able to use magic far before science was advanced to any real point.
Agreed about the technobabble but where does it say that magic was used at any point in this world's history?

I thought the elves were a result of deliberate bio-engineering by human scientists, rather than just a fantasy race.

Do you think bio-engineering is anything but an excuse to make the fantasy race?

What did you think fantasy-ish meant?
Exactly what you said. I think the fantasy race of Elves are present but they were made with non-fantasy stuff (biotech). Still no mention of magic.

If it comes down to a vote, I say keep the fantastic races but make them as a result of science rather than magic.

Who wants a nice country?
Please don't go! :'( Magic isn't even canon! Just wait until the GM tells us the trufax at least.
I'll be willing to absorb it if you're actually serious about this.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2014, 06:00:12 pm »

At this point it's really weak and only called magic for a simple races explanation

In the original story humans began to have the ability to manipulate the air
Fire-heat it up a bit
Ice-cool it down
Wind-move it away

But right now people don't have a large enough understanding of it to really use it for anything more than warming their hands, cooling their food, and blowing a fire
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2014, 06:03:15 pm »

Agreed about the technobabble but where does it say that magic was used at any point in this world's history?

In the back story you gut if you PMed the DM. I can forward it to you, if you want.

((I don't accept a wizard did it as an answer, usually. Bye asea.))

That was a joke on my part. A bad one. One relevant to the conversation. '

Weren't you doing that already?

I am sure you will be missed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »

((Sorta with Playergamer on that. Especially with the redguard's disease resistance as well.))

I did say that was unfinished though Stirk, so :P

Still, it would figure that there would be plenty of mages running around, especially the concentration of elves in the nation. (AKA code for I forgot magic existed so :X). And there'd still be non-magical ways of treating that, like rugs, blankets and such.

"Hah, if you truly believe that illness is caused by not adhering to a religion than you are closed-minded. And thus, you are what you despise the worst: A coward. Unwilling to question, to think and merely content to follow what you have been told to follow. Because the way I see it, your religion is mostly based on lies ansd superstition."

"Because I'm living proof that laziness doesn't bring sickness. Never held anything deadlier than a knife, never done physical labour and yet here I am healthy as a redguard."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »

((If the stoners were so inclined, they'd probably point out that they are far lazier than the majority of the nations and haven't got many cases-if at all-of infected. :P))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2014, 06:09:12 pm »

((If the stoners were so inclined, they'd probably point out that they are far lazier than the majority of the nations and haven't got many cases-if at all-of infected. :P))

((Ahem!, 90% of EVERYBODY is infected))

((Also answering another question, since this disease is a lot like the others it went unchecked till later and yes it has a very long incubation. It doesn't multiply grow quickly but it is strong enough to not die))

((And to another post, this disease kills very few people and those people already had a good chance of dieing anyways))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »

((Sorta with Playergamer on that. Especially with the redguard's disease resistance as well.))

I did say that was unfinished though Stirk, so :P

Still, it would figure that there would be plenty of mages running around, especially the concentration of elves in the nation. (AKA code for I forgot magic existed so :X). And there'd still be non-magical ways of treating that, like rugs, blankets and such.

To be fair, they may or may not be lying about magic having any noticeable effect. They believe it does, of course. But neither Terra Arma or I knows anything about how magic really works, the priests can at least perform minor feats that prove magic exists.

-------------

"You are making several assumptions, friend. I don't despise weak cowards, on the contrary I pity them. The weak and the defenseless are those preyed upon by demons the most, by the fault of people like you who drive away those who know how to combat them. We have no need to question, as it has always worked, a hundred percent of the time. Need one question if his weapon can pierce flesh, when there are thousands of examples of similar weapons doing so?

The only reason you are so lucky as to be healthy is your own military doing its best to make your nation appear strong as a whole, and your fortunate position as our neighbor and ally. Our nation drives demons far enough away for the both of us. It is simple science, why do you believe the elderly and the weak are the targets of the sickness, if not for demons?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2014, 06:33:36 pm »

Fellow diplomats! This argument is getting us nowhere and is only leading to strife betwixt ourselves. I propose we drop this matter and attempt to combat this disease in our own ways.

In the back story you gut if you PMed the DM. I can forward it to you, if you want.
Seriously!? I just didn't want to hear about the third Russia-USA war for Middle Eastern oil that turned into WW3 and then nukes happened. MAGIC is most DEFINITELY something I'd have liked to know about! Please forward it to me.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2014, 06:39:28 pm »

...shouldn't the backstory be out so everyone can see? I mean, only knowing what happened if you PM the GM seems kinda...iffy.

((Also, finally, my iPad autocorrects PM and GM!))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2014, 06:40:20 pm »

Ya no
I didn't want to have it be generic

Nope it was just general genetic engineering warfare with nuclear war at the end
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33