Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 31580 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [11/20]
« Reply #300 on: October 10, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »

Pretty damn hard to beat the common cold, no?

In kingdoms to the East, a small band of Spice Fellows-elf, redguard, and human- can be seen offering their various services of entertainment, food and ale in these troubled times to nomads, quarantine camps and the cities that will let them in alike.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 10, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »

East River/SERBIS
[SERBIS IS ALLOWING ALL REFUGEES TO STAY IN NOMAD CAMPS AS LONG AS THEY AGREE TO WORK FIELDS WHEN ABLE]

Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »

I aint doing that.

Then what are you sending guards to the boarders for, then? To let sick people in?

Not letting them lounge around (if you look, I have ten projects underway), what enemies?

But cancelled some of them, coward. And the DEMONS causing the disease, of course.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »

((Well, let's spin it as- the soldiers are trying to keep the demons out of their own country because seriously who the hell wants demons anywhere near them? :P))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2014, 04:59:43 pm »

I aint doing that.

Then what are you sending guards to the boarders for, then? To let sick people in?

Not letting them lounge around (if you look, I have ten projects underway), what enemies?

But cancelled some of them, coward. And the DEMONS causing the disease, of course.
To sort out the sick and put them i n a place to get well, thats what the guards are for.
As for canceled, that I did not do. I placed ONE project out of about TEN on TEMPORALLY HOLD.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2014, 05:04:04 pm »

Typically, the cold doesn't stop people from working :P

Aerindinus Mostly closes it's borders, though it still keeps the vital trade routes open. On it's projects, work still goes ahead on the days where enough workers can be mustered. Furthermore, it throws out the Arman priests in regards to their offers citing the lack of proper medical knowledge in regards to the illness, and proper construction knowledge.

The spice fellows are also refused, though more diplomatically than the weapon-priests. In an attempt to make up for the lack of hospitality, some of the healthier priests of the duchy offer to travel back with them to their homeland for a cultural exchange, among other things.

In the River Hall
"As a suggestion on this disease, I would recommend trying to research what causes it. Once we know that, we have an effective means on which to cure it. As for the ravings of the superstitious Arman, I think we can safely say we can pay them little heed."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »

The Spice Fellows refuse to take the priests away from their duty, only sharing with the Duchy priests food and ale to feed the ill with. They also offer them a script to perform a particularly comedic and raunchy play with, if they so desire the entertainment.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2014, 05:07:49 pm »

"Indeed. To hopefully speed along this process The Council has decided to send blood samples from both those infected and from those who recover. Perhaps we can use them to find a cure, or atleast to enhance survival chances. We will also be sending detailed observations of the ill."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2014, 05:11:43 pm »

As for canceled, that I did not do. I placed ONE project out of about TEN on TEMPORALLY HOLD.

Coooowwaaaaaard. Why don't you go live with a little old lady in the middle of nowhere? Because you are obviously COWARDS.

"Put them in a place to get well", away from everyone else. Trying to keep the demons away, because you are afraid of them.

Don't expect Terra Arma to be too logical about who it calls a weak coward.

Furthermore, it throws out the Arman priests in regards to their offers citing the lack of proper medical knowledge in regards to the illness, and proper construction knowledge.

Magic is real in this world. Priests have magical powers. Way to turn away the only people who can actually do something about the disease.

-------

"We are the Armato, the Armed Ones. I would appreciate it if you where a little more diplomatic about diplomacy, friend."

The diplomat waved his weapon around widely while saying so. Of course, it is loaded with a bolt balancing carefully on it.

"We know what causes it. Demons. The source of every misfortune. Why else would the masks and exorcism work so well? That is science, my friend, and you can't deny science. What more "research" could you do? What do you hope to accomplish that the Armed Priests can't do with exorcism and ointment?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2014, 05:23:47 pm »

Unfortunately, there's only fire, wind and ice magic. Not much use for actually curing disease. Furthermore, it's unlikely they're the only mages in existence, and given the higher propensity for civilian trades in Aerindinus, there'd be more doctors as well.

"The fact that exorcism and ointment are no cures for actual disease. And you cannot claim it to be science as it is not peer-reviewed, reproducible, and has no evidence to back up it's findings."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2014, 05:28:15 pm »

Unfortunately, there's only fire, wind and ice magic. Not much use for actually curing disease. Furthermore, it's unlikely they're the only mages in existence, and given the higher propensity for civilian trades in Aerindinus, there'd be more doctors as well.

Not unless you are clever about it. Fevers are the body trying to kill germs through high temperature. For example, heating up the body while keeping it alive would kill of all the germs.

And besides that, what good are "doctors" without medical science? A back alley doctor in our world would be worth five of these "Doctors". Besides that, I never said anything about Terra Arma's civilian population. The fact that you have not mentioned having any magic in your military leads to to believe there isn't to many mages wandering around your town looking to cure the diseases.

---------------------

"The fact that exorcism and ointment are no cures for actual disease. And you cannot claim it to be science as it is not peer-reviewed, reproducible, and has no evidence to back up it's findings."

"We have been using them to cure diseases since the first Armato caught the first sniffle after getting lazy and slacking off instead of training. Since we have been using it so long, and ever priest uses the same techniques, that is peer-reviewed, reproducible, and has plenty of evidence backing it up. We will be glad to show you, our Armed Priests are always ready to show the light to senz'armi."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:32:13 pm by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 10, 2014, 05:29:27 pm »

Ok I think this is a good time to ask because I've been delaying or forgetting for a while now. WTF is with this magic stuff? If I remember correctly this is supposed to be post-apocalyptic medieval-esque, not fantasy. I'm not complaining (yet) but I really would like to know what the hell is going on.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2014, 05:35:01 pm »

Ok I think this is a good time to ask because I've been delaying or forgetting for a while now. WTF is with this magic stuff? If I remember correctly this is supposed to be post-apocalyptic medieval-esque, not fantasy. I'm not complaining (yet) but I really would like to know what the hell is going on.

Did the elves and stuff not tip you off? He outright said this was fantasy. On the first page:

It's a post apocalyptic fantasy ish world

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »

I thought the elves were a result of deliberate bio-engineering by human scientists, rather than just a fantasy race.
The main races (caused by genetic engineering pre-war) are humans, elves and red guards.
OP said nothing about magic and fantasy-ISH is not fantasy. Heck it could just be used to describe the fact that elves and redguards exist.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:54:33 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2014, 05:47:10 pm »

I thought the elves were a result of deliberate bio-engineering by human scientists, rather than just a fantasy race.

Do you think bio-engineering is anything but an excuse to make the fantasy race?

What did you think fantasy-ish meant? The back story states there is magic. It isn't like this is something I am making up. I would say the OP should have a more detailed explanation of the world so that everyone can make their own little piece fit in with the larger puzzle, but since it is kind of a demo I am not complaining.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33