Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 31510 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [11/20]
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2014, 03:50:24 pm »

((Still waiting to see if the Glorious Confederation is permitted to exist or not...))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2014, 03:53:29 pm »

((Yeah, and the rolls would be definitely useful.))
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2014, 03:57:02 pm »

((Still waiting to see if the Glorious Confederation is permitted to exist or not...))

((I'd just go for it. Worse that happens is you waste your own time.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2014, 04:17:43 pm »

The Glorious Confederation of Ale and Spice

The Spice Council

A deep burp left the mouth of the redguard councilor as he partook of his ale mug, surrounded by his fellow councilors.
"Councilor Ledley, would you mind...*hic* passing that pipe?" The redguard councilor, Oronas Greer, lazily looked over at his elven compatriot, who slowly passed him the spice pipe.
"That....is excellent spice. The harvest going well, gentlemen?" Ledley looks towards Greer and the human councilor, Drixis. Drixis took a swig of his ale, nodding.
"Aaaaaye laddie! The farmers be taking good care of the spice and ale! The bread's good too, really."
"Excellent....have you all noticed that the sky seems to be purple in color?" Ledley mused, tapping the desk with his crop.
"Nae t'all, lad."

Suddenly, a human messenger busted into the room. "High Councilors! There is an urgent message for you!"
"And what would that be, flower child?" Ledley inquired.
"Missionaries from....errr....some place called Terra Arma came. Said they want to trade metal for food. They think we've got horrible mines."
"Misssssionaries? Get them out of here, maaaaan." Ledley wheezed out.
Drixis ignored him. "Tell 'em that they can have t'food. We got ourselves mines- where d'ya think we get the crap to make taps out of, the skies? Also, tell those missionaries to keep t'hell away with their religious crap. We don't need none of that here."

Diplomatic Interactions
[Tell the missionaries to politely keep their religion away from Confederates, and agree to have the missionaries kept away from Spice Cultists. Respect of religions and all.]
[Meanwhile, the festival of the levitating pasta monster is upon them, and people from all the city-states next to the Confederation are invited to come as the state makes preparations to hold the biggest festival yet. If the heralds are rejected, then they leave the state alone. More ale for less people.]

Trade
[Agree to the offer of metal for food, but refuse the weapons politely. We're drunks and spice addicts, not pacifists.]

Industry
[The nation's scientists begin research on how best to create the best farming techniques to produce more bread/spice/ale from less land.]

Military Actions (Very classified)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:19:40 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2014, 12:37:53 pm »

Right, Im gonna try making a map of the place, post what you think your area looks like, along with general locations of things.

Edit:
basic map done, link comeing soon. Tell me where you have noteable cities, etc.
Spoiler: Map first draft. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:15:12 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

First up, I'm just going to say that regardless of accuracy that map looks excellent. Some might call it great. Some might even call it Great;D Seriously, the border designs are good, the river is good (mostly), the font fits well when small text isn't being used, and the implementation of symbols within the map - terrain details, roads, settlements - is rather well done, if for obvious reasons incomplete. However there are indeed a few inaccuracies, some of which straight up non-canon but some are merely subjective though.
  • The first is that Serbis and the CoAaS, as East Hill city states, should be adjacent to the river and should be between the East Mountains and the East forests. (Canon)
  • That major island at the bottom of the river is in my opinion way too big. It looks big enough for a minor city state even and even so it would end up being a major strategic point in any international wars that would erupt, which would mean that it would need the approval of Cryxis. I also see there's a major settlement there. Who does that settlement belong to?
  • While the Great Kingdom of Demestris is most certainly flattered by its portrayal in the map :P it feels that the size of the city is too big. It's a city of at most 100,000 (I haven't pinpointed the exact amount I want) and the size of the city looks like it's big enough for millions.
  • Sapiastan and other West Forest areas should be adjacent to the river. (Canon)
  • Finally, I've been of the opinion that Norogoth was actually South of Demestris. This is still very classified but the South General had even been sending scouts there. A compromise could be that Demestris takes those two open city state areas you left, the areas get put up where Norogoth currently is, and give some of Demestris' south territory to Norogoth. It still doesn't solve the problem of the West Forests not being adjacent to the Great River when they should be but it's something.

Keep in mind that the map is still excellent in quality and is actually rather nice to look at. Certainly better than my own. :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:50:09 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2014, 03:52:47 pm »

Given that only the mountains have access to the river, Sapiastan being next to it doesn't make much sense so. The eastern mountain lands should be generally larger.

Furthermore, given the plans of the bridge, Aerindinus would almost certainly be closer to the midpoint of the river, and maintain a larger coastline (Especially that until recently, it was the only nation there.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2014, 04:45:14 pm »

Sapiastan isint next to it...

The southern island currently belongs to the council (Bias? What Bias? I gave Siglyguard one too), I frankly thought that (dunno why) Sigylguard was the bridge builder (Hence why they had the island),  the south island is probably way to large, true, although in my mind its about the size of Manhattan... The city is too big, yah, I wanted to go put the name in it tho, so thats a thing. Norogoth is south? Good to know.

Im gonna make a new one soon, this was just consept. Send me details about your area tho and Ill make a better one. As in, where it is realitive to the others, if there are any minor rivers running thru, etc.

Ill probably be making it in a few days, once I stop worrying about cocking up the place. Cryxis, if you can give me some general ideas on the shape of the area, that would help.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »

Alright, and you want us to PM that kind of thing to you at all?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2014, 05:10:44 pm »

Hmmm...*Strokes beard*

Terra Arma should be in the ruff shape of a handgun, just because. Failing that, the shape of a bullet. Tis the will of the gods.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2014, 05:16:02 pm »

Right, Im gonna try making a map of the place, post what you think your area looks like, along with general locations of things.

Edit:
basic map done, link comeing soon. Tell me where you have noteable cities, etc.
Spoiler: Map first draft. (click to show/hide)
Close
That's actualy realllllllyyyy close

Sorry haven't been posting updates and such, I've been feeling like crap lately and not wanting to post big block texts
I'll try to get some updates rolling out soon
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »

It's fine, we can wait for you to feel better and everything :)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2014, 05:21:12 pm »

Alright, and you want us to PM that kind of thing to you at all?
Yep!

Close
That's actualy realllllllyyyy close
Allrighty!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2014, 05:42:37 pm »

Given that only the mountains have access to the river, Sapiastan being next to it doesn't make much sense so.
Sapiastan isint next to it...
Actually, yes. It is. Sapiastan is located in the West Forest and guess what:
Areas that border the river can trade with both mountain areas, the east hills, ice flats, and both the woods and forests (which means anybody in those areas can trade with the other areas listed)
I'm pretty sure that "both the woods and forests" means "both the East and West forests". The rest of the quote indicates that the mountains AREN'T the only regions with river access.

The southern island currently belongs to the council (Bias? What Bias? I gave Siglyguard one too)
In that case maybe perhaps put an indicator to say that it belongs to Other. Maybe a shade of a colour?

The city is too big, yah, I wanted to go put the name in it tho, so thats a thing.
You can just put 'Demestris' as the city name.

Im gonna make a new one soon, this was just consept. Send me details about your area tho and Ill make a better one. As in, where it is realitive to the others, if there are any minor rivers running thru, etc.
There's a couple minor rivers that run through Demestris from the mountains. I'll leave it up to you to decide where specifically. There's also a small lake somewhere but hell if I know where to put it.
The city of Demestris is the only major settlement in the kingdom and is in the centre of its territory.
Demestris is East of the Commonwealth of the Free Peoples, South of Boroshka, North of Norogoth, and roughly West/North-West/South-West of the other Western regions (I'll leave that up to you as well).
As a West Plains city state, Demestris is NOT adjacent to the river.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:50:00 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2014, 05:50:50 pm »

Except that on the first page, nowhere does it say that the forests and such have access to the river, since only the mountain areas are stated to have such borders.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33