Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip this combat session?

Yes, skip and take random damage rolls.
Yes, fast forward and automate turns.
No, keep going.
No, but kill off mooks anyway and replace with a higher level creature or two.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - OOC Thread  (Read 16058 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2014, 08:31:03 pm »

Well, hope it improves soon.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2014, 03:23:36 pm »

As promised, here you go! One abnormal wizard right here.

EDIT: Also, hope your connection improves!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:36:16 pm by Harry Baldman »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2014, 06:08:32 pm »

I'm sorry, but could you transfer your character over to the new sheet system? The old system has problems with being viewed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2014, 02:37:03 am »

I'm sorry, but could you transfer your character over to the new sheet system? The old system has problems with being viewed.

Okay. How about now?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2014, 04:38:47 am »

Perfect. Thanks.

Also, my thoughts on the Dwarven kingdom in this particular version that I've made up is that it's sort of like a mix between Japanese and European feudalism. A little too complicated for me to explain at 2:30 AM, but I'll go more in depth into it later.

Also, Harry, I may want to introduce your character in a different way, if you don't mind waiting a little longer. You got a 6 with the High Druid, by the way.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 04:41:37 am »

Perfect. Thanks.

Also, my thoughts on the Dwarven kingdom in this particular version that I've made up is that it's sort of like a mix between Japanese and European feudalism. A little too complicated for me to explain at 2:30 AM, but I'll go more in depth into it later.

Also, Harry, I may want to introduce your character in a different way, if you don't mind waiting a little longer. You got a 6 with the High Druid, by the way.

Certainly, wouldn't mind at all.

And it just had to be the High Druid, didn't it?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2014, 04:46:05 am »

Actually, this is all going according to plan...
* Allee cackles maniacally.
*Ahem* I mean, bad stuff totally isn't going to happen!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2014, 12:49:32 pm »

Oh, certainly. :p

I need a bit of help now, new to the system.

I know I passed my ballad check so I've probably got +2 to Imperial icon relations (maybe +1 if they know I'm a deserter/from a doomed company).

What can I do with that? Have I achieved any numerical effect yet?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2014, 02:56:13 pm »

Not gonna finish our convo, then, Dwarmin? :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2014, 02:57:51 pm »

You left off on an ellipsis. :P

Anyway, I'll do that now!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »

I know I passed my ballad check so I've probably got +2 to Imperial icon relations (maybe +1 if they know I'm a deserter/from a doomed company).

What can I do with that? Have I achieved any numerical effect yet?
I'm not really going to assign a numerical value to it. You played the song to boost morale, and it has been boosted. Duncan fixed the ballistae, therefor the ballistae work better now. Think of it like a sliding scale; the more things you do to prepare for the attack, the more the scale slides in your favor, and the less casualties you'll probably have. I'm not going to reveal to you how much effect you're having. You'll have to find that out yourself. :)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2014, 07:26:37 pm »

Hope it's okay that I'm interpreting the way the curse(?) works (for the moment, at least), though it probably differs for each different way it's attempted(the decapitation that follows seppuku to ensure a quick death, once there is no turning back anyway, probably would have acted as if the blade was incorporeal when it hit him, as if it simply didn't cut the skin it would have broken his neck in all likelihood. Though it might be that it didn't and he simply got badly bruised...I dunno). Would be interesting if it gave Katoya a vision(unlikely, but maybe she'll get a vision for each of us; would be cool, if forcibly cryptic).

For future: ellipsis, to me, indicates that they're either trailing off, or it's a pause in the conversation as one party would likely wait for the other to go on(basically an IC version of what actually happened :P).

I wonder what Maruko will be able to accomplish to help with the siege...we'll see, I suppose.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2014, 08:29:55 am »

I'm not really sue of the exact mechanics of my visions yet, so I'm channeling Johnny Smith at the moment...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »

I'm not really sue of the exact mechanics of my visions yet, so I'm channeling Johnny Smith at the moment...
I'm actually going to say that the PCs and Icons (and certain other NPCs) will be pretty much immune. If you try to see into their future, you'll basically see vague things as if through murky water or dense smoke. You'll have to figure out why in character. (and I will give you a chance to find that out, but I've already got it vaguely worked out.)

Hope it's okay that I'm interpreting the way the curse(?) works (for the moment, at least),
Actually, I think it would be pretty cool if wounds you inflicted that would normally kill you instead manifested themselves in other ways. i.e. in a beheading situation, the sword hits your neck and bounces, leaving a bruise all around your neck where the sword would have cut through, or slicing your neck would leave a small gash on a limb, still painful, but very survivable. All I think is that each attempt should still leave a physical toll, whether it's a scar, a bruise or ever just fatigue. That way it seems like more of a curse.

Now I know Maruko and Alicia haven't really gotten a chance to do much, but after they're done doing whatever, I'm going to advance to night. Harry: your character is incoming. Check your PMs in a minute for a little extra thingy related to your reason for being here.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2014, 04:16:01 pm »

~Foo~
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:11:59 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15