Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [HOWTO] How guide work  (Read 1162 times)

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[HOWTO] How guide work
« on: September 27, 2014, 12:00:52 pm »

If you ask somebody for directions, sometimes you will got answer, somebody is well traveled. There is high chance he will know where is this what are you looking for and high chance you will find your target.

Because there was a lot of questions how guides work, i made small how to, because They are very helpfull.

1. First find your guide, he can be well-traveled civilian or soldier. In my case it will be Spearman.
2. Greet he, ask him to join you, then ask him to guide you to a location. It work for beasts and people too!

3. Request a guide to the human or location where you want go. Because quiding to location is easier, i asked for guide to human vampire Mimap Shieldbind, because i want stab him and drink some of his blood to be vampire and ride necromants tower, then store them in cleaned lair, to make other adventures necromancers.

4. Now we have guide, so ask him for first tips. Are we close? When we are far away, for example, in other town, we just got "Sitename is in regionname", in this case it's "Seedhailed is in The Bronze Hills.", if we do not have this location marked on our map, our guide will mark it.

5. Seedhailed he said... Type 'Q' then 's'. There is bunch of sites.

Press 'f' to start filtering and then first letters of the site.

Then just [ENTER] and 'z' to select site where you want go. By 'l' you can turn on or off line, who is very helpfull.

6. When you arrive to site, where is your target, like here:

We are in Asereme, what mean Seedhailed, Hemlet. ... I totaly forgot who was my guide, quick 'Q' to get to log, then 'a' for Agreements' and 'Guide/'Name of Guide

We can have multiple guides to multiple location, so this menu can be quite helpfull. Then start again converation and Bring up the jurney together.

Our guide will confirm, we are in right place. Now we will get more detailed hint where is our target. This doesn't mean he is in first house on the south, he is in first mead hall (quite big house), but sometimes we will get information about shop, tavern, cotage (4x4 room) or some more confusing place like temple.

(They are rich!)

7. When we are really close, for example, in the same room we and we ask again about his location, he will not be shown. He will be one of blinking persons. Our guide only say he must be right around here somewhere.

8. Vampires are using false names, but as far as i see, they are somehow related to they original names.

And we found our target! Do you want more howtos like this one?
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: [HOWTO] How guide work
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 01:27:28 pm »

Very nice walkthrough! And yes. If you would like to make more, please do. They are very useful :)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 01:55:43 pm »

Oh, thank you! I didn't know how guides worked. Thanks a lot!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »

Incredibly fun to read and also very, very useful. Please more!