Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 92

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Casualty  (Read 47210 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: IC Thread
« Reply #720 on: October 18, 2014, 09:07:45 am »

Maria brings all of the burning wreckage to the Lab guys because fuck them. They need to do better research into the enemy :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 18, 2014, 09:16:22 am »

((*slaps*
how dare you
that was a gift
baka))

((you know what you did, asshole))

Satisfied, Kara shouldered her suit's weapon, and then promptly looked to see what it could do to salvage some of the Hydra, if anything.

Blood and gore. Lovely.

After going through the proper shut-down proceedures and similar things for the ASR-066, Luzia disembarks and goes searching for the proper person to ask about altnerative weapons for her mech.

"Err, you'd have to swap out some of the crap you've already got. I'd probably go with something medium range in your case, but it's up to you to decide."

Maria brings all of the burning wreckage to the Lab guys because fuck them. They need to do better research into the enemy :P

"More materials science. Oh, the joy."

(+40 science)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:38:43 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 18, 2014, 09:30:49 am »

"The ASR-066 wields a giant blade in combat. Wouldn't it make sense to construct another hand-held weapon, so that I can use the better weapon on each mission?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 18, 2014, 09:38:26 am »

"No idea, you're the fancy pilot. Just tell me what you want and I'll tell you if you're over tonnage or not."

((new techs added to OP))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 18, 2014, 09:52:18 am »

Luzia outlines the idea she had in mind to the chief mechanic. Or whoever he is. Basically, it's a rapid fire machinegun/minigun for close-ranged fighting.

((Basically, instead of swinging around a 46 ton sword around, the ASR-066 ues 44 tons of close-range kinetic weaponry to plaster the enemy. Which also has a 2 ton bayonet attached to it, because I have to use up that 2 tons of space somehow.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 18, 2014, 11:00:36 am »

((What does Basic Xenology give?))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 18, 2014, 03:06:00 pm »

"Maria right? You're right that they don't have pilots! We could maybe get AI if we take them back to the lab. Probably best we shut them down first because we don't know if they have tracking tech and we don't want them to know where we live."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:10:13 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 18, 2014, 06:49:33 pm »

((information about basic alien sciences. Pretty damn useful; it's the start of a tech tree.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 18, 2014, 07:10:55 pm »

((information about basic alien sciences. Pretty damn useful; it's the start of a tech tree.))
And then it splits off into Xenotechnology and Xenobiology right? I bet they help dealing with mechs and Kaiju, respectively. This is so cool! Seriously!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 18, 2014, 08:48:40 pm »

Tip of the iceberg.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 18, 2014, 08:58:30 pm »

Eventually, Kara returned to base, and proceeded to the Rec Room to read a book of some kind.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 19, 2014, 12:18:01 am »

Find a gap in the armor, preferably a knee-joint to keep it from retreating any further, and start filling it with pain and rockets and death
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 19, 2014, 01:50:24 am »

Luzia outlines the idea she had in mind to the chief mechanic. Or whoever he is. Basically, it's a rapid fire machinegun/minigun for close-ranged fighting.

((Basically, instead of swinging around a 46 ton sword around, the ASR-066 ues 44 tons of close-range kinetic weaponry to plaster the enemy. Which also has a 2 ton bayonet attached to it, because I have to use up that 2 tons of space somehow.))

"Something that big's gonna take a while to build, but we can get it done."

Damn it! Tano thinks to himself, It's gonna get away unless I overclock, but then I don't know how good my sword really is! Well, barely anything we've hit it with has damaged it. Might as well learn something while I'm here.
Face God moves into Melee range and strikes the ACM with its sword.

The sword does 80 damage, managing to dent a bit of the leg.

Find a gap in the armor, preferably a knee-joint to keep it from retreating any further, and start filling it with pain and rockets and death

The barrage deals a measly 39 damage to the machine. Nevertheless, the mecha is still moving back to safety at the same, slow pace.

About a dozen roboscorpions swarm out of the body, some flying, some crawling, and head towards the only mechs still attacking it.

"Yeah, don't keep kicking the hornet's nest. Nothing has taken down the ACM before, and I don't think you'll be getting anywhere anytime soon at this rate."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 19, 2014, 02:10:06 am »

((Presumably the Kaiju team's back in the hanger))

Justin finds the engineering shop and outlines to the chief mechanic an idea he had for increasing firepower. He oulines a sort of super mode for his Mjolnirs, in wich the two units merge into one. The spinning barrels themselves spin around a central axis, and the dubbed Mjolnir Thunder would spit out an increased amount of pure firepower for each gatling.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 19, 2014, 02:14:04 am »

"Nup. You'd be better off keeping your weapons separate, just upgrade them directly. A mod like that'd be difficult to build, take a nice chunk out of your tonnage."

((Total research haul is 80 science. Spend it as you will.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 92