Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Casualty  (Read 47312 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: IC Thread
« Reply #1230 on: October 23, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »

Luzia is in her gym clothes, which means that she is also working out at the gym just like everyone else. She smiles at Trevor and Ao in between her workout routine.

((Thoughts about laser weapons: Until we get the appropriate battle actions/commands, they're situationally worse than the kinetic weapons. The situation is whether or not the enemies can use battle actions/commands of their own. If they can't, then Overclock makes the kinetic weapons stronger than the laser ones. Judging by the enemies we've met recently, the kinetic weapons should be better, but Smurf has also implied that the enemies will be tougher so who knows?))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 23, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »

Lethe is working out in the gym as well, building up a sweat as she lifted some weights.

((I'll decide what upgrades I'll get in a bit if that's ok))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 23, 2014, 05:17:20 pm »

Kyle is watching everyone wearing his new leather jacket. On the back it says Vangaurd at the top in large friendly letters. In the middle there's a shield. At the bottom in between two images of sheepdogs that look more like hellhounds it says 'Sheepdog'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 23, 2014, 05:18:40 pm »

Führer is at the gun range for humans, shooting guns. It's far more likely he'll be using guns to defend himself rather than martial arts. He takes a pistol with him every time he goes into battle now.

Kyle is watching everyone wearing his new leather jacket. On the back it says Vangaurd at the top in large friendly letters. In the middle there's a shield. At the bottom in between two images of sheepdogs that look more like hellhounds it says 'Sheepdog'.
Führer doesn't wear one. He still thinks the team name should be Dakkakaiser.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 23, 2014, 05:34:17 pm »

Luzia takes a seat next to Lethe with a couple weights of her own. As they work out she conversationally asks, "I wonder why we have to do all of these training regimens. I understand that we are soldiers and have to stay in shape, but it all seems a bit excessive. We are pilots, our mechs will be doing all of the heavy lifting and fighting. Our bodies just need to be strong enough to resist all of the g-forces we experience."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 23, 2014, 05:37:26 pm »

Lethe smiled towards Luzia as she sat down next to her,
"I'm not sure really, maybe they just want us to be a good image. It looks better if we're strong muscular men and women I suppose. "
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:50:05 pm by Kansa »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 23, 2014, 05:46:49 pm »

Trevor nods at Ao, continuing his sit-ups.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 23, 2014, 05:48:39 pm »

Luzia smiles back, but that's nothing unusual. She's usually smiling after all. "Maybe. But then again we do look good to begin with. I'm not sure if the extra muscle will be noticeable or improve our image by much. Though don't newscasters and documentary directors usually focus on only a couple of people at a time? In that case they could follow you, Maria, Kyle, Trevor and Justin around if the UNMD wanted to project a good image."

((And now I want a propagandist character because it'd be awesome. Damn you, Kansa. :P))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 23, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »

((Sounds like a good idea to me :P))

Lethe let out a small laugh,
"I suppose we do, still a little extra never helps. They would probably want to show everyone though as this is an exclusive program, I'm pretty sure most of us could project a good image though."

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 23, 2014, 05:54:35 pm »

Kara is currently just sitting around in the rec room, reading once again.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 23, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »

"You might be right. I think that it'll depend on who's filming us. The program might be exclusive, but it is full of... different personalities. Our teamwork could be improved, I think, and we don't seem to fight as a cohesive squad very often. Following a single pilot might make for a better narrative and better film? Or maybe a couple of pilots. I'm sure that whoever they decide to film, they'll project a good image for the entire program. Even if they haven't been working out so much," she comments, making a little joke at the end.

((Well, depends on Smurf to approve it, I suppose.))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:46 pm »

Lethe's smile widened slightly at Luzia's small joke,
"Maybe I suppose, it could make a good film doing something like this. I'm sure you're right though, if they do do a single person I'm sure they'll put on a good image for the rest of us." she shrugged "If this is for the image though, I don't really mind it. I quite enjoy working out like this don't you?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 23, 2014, 06:44:15 pm »

Make sure you update your sheets, people, because I can't.

Justin commissions work on a design of his for a pair of laser rifles he dubs "Gungnir Split-Beam Laser Rifle", for a total of 40t of long-range burning death. He also sees if it is possible for them to design something along the lines of a rocket-powered delivery system for his different weapons, maybe something along the lines of a giant flying armored locker?

The locker is implausible. Everything else is done.

During the timeskip, Trevor had the blade on the ACS removed, as well as one unit of Predictive Plating. From that he got 16 tonnage free, using that up for a long range laser rifle, and another medium range kinetic gun.

Speaking of which, Trevor is laying on the ground in the boxing ring.

Woot.

Replace my useless kinetic weapons with lazers.

What lasers do you want? There are lots of lasers. And a flamethrower as well.

Also, don't write lasers with a z again, or I'll eat your spinal cord.

Kara has one unit taken off of her rifle, as well as the assault cannons in the hands, to be replaced with a dual array of Medium Range Lasers.

Kay.

During the timeskip, Ao had the Falchion blade and the Ragnell rifle redesigned and the Aversa removed.

The Falchion is now a dual long range laser rifle (20 tonnage, two guns combined, can be switched from dual fire to single fire) with an underbarrel bayonet (21 tonnage) and the Ragnell redesigned into a dual medium range kinetic rifle (two guns combined, 12 tonnage, permanently on dual fire mode).

Ao nods at Trevor as she finishes another round of boxing.

Okey-doke.

((Thoughts about laser weapons: Until we get the appropriate battle actions/commands, they're situationally worse than the kinetic weapons. The situation is whether or not the enemies can use battle actions/commands of their own. If they can't, then Overclock makes the kinetic weapons stronger than the laser ones. Judging by the enemies we've met recently, the kinetic weapons should be better, but Smurf has also implied that the enemies will be tougher so who knows?))

((hue

no, seriously, stock up on armor))

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 23, 2014, 06:44:51 pm »

Close range ones.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 23, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »

Okay, then edit your sheet so you've got lasers. I can't edit your sheet.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92