Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 92

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Casualty  (Read 47308 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: IC Thread
« Reply #1215 on: October 23, 2014, 12:42:57 am »

*shrug* I dunno, not many people to call who aren't with them? And how did he get their numbers? He hasn't even met them yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 23, 2014, 12:59:08 am »

To your first question: people carry wallets even if they don't intend to buy stuff. Sure they probably don't have any use for them at the moment but phones are so ubiquitous even in 2014 that people just carry them around anyway. As for your second question: kaiju radiation he's a Saiyan he was given everyone's phone numbers when he joined the UNMD so he could more easily keep in contact with his teammates. SOP, you know?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 23, 2014, 01:19:45 am »

Or he could just look around the base and find them. :P I'll bite.

Ao's phone beeps. Did I mention she has a really old keypad phone?
"Hm.'

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 23, 2014, 01:42:27 am »

((okay,  I'm back home now, but you obviously dont want combat rolls, so I'm gonna go out again after this is written up :P

On a serious note, the training wheels are now off. The enemy is going to hurt a lot more, so don't skimp on the armor/deflectors. You have been warned.))

A week passes fairly quickly, with no more attacks during said time, although it appears the alien defenses are getting more 'active', whatever that means. I don't really care what you did during this time, as long as it isn't completely stupid. Any weapons you want have been made during the timeskip, and are now waiting in the armory for usage.

"We've completed the projects you've set out for us, and they're yielded some very interesting results. We now have laser weapon technology available for usage on the mechas, as well as reflective isotope armor, to help deflect enemy laser fire. Be warned, though: This armor will only deflect laser fire. Also, our current power sources don't really maximise the amount of damage laser weaponry can do."

"It is inevitable the diversity of planets would also create a diversity of biological life. Strange beasts, with even stranger abilities, can be found in the many anonymous planets of the multiverse. We've already discovered Hydromiel - an organic mix that builds nutrients from any form of soil or rock and converts it into indescribably delicious blobs of grape-sized fruit, certain to be of use in solving the world's hunger problems. There are bound to be many more discoveries to come, and you can apply here to help us find more useful alien artifacts in the future. We've also identified some basic 'weak points' in the armor of the Kaiju we've seen so far, although we have no idea if it applies to every single one."

"Additionally, we have several companies that would be interested in helping us extract the rare resources found in other universes by constructing permanent bases there, although you may be required to help scout possible mining sites, and establish these compounds. In return, they'll share some of their gathered resources with us, which will in turn increase your mecha's effectiveness by enabling us to construct more advanced weapons, armor and devices you'll need in the future. However, you may be called on to defend these colonies, for better or worse."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:49:28 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 23, 2014, 01:44:53 am »

((I'm going to commission some weapons for Ao during the timeskip as soon as I can think of one that works. :P))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 23, 2014, 01:49:34 am »

"We now have laser weapon technology available for usage on the mechas,"
"Actually, the plural for 'mecha' is 'mecha'. Trust me, I would know from watching enough animes."

((I think we're good to go. Missions pl0x.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 23, 2014, 01:52:33 am »

((Yeah, nah, I think I'm going to start the mission after the influx of questions and armory shuffling.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 23, 2014, 08:12:31 am »

"What's the advantagw of lasers? And since this is a government project aren't you allowed to take any resourcees gather in colonies until you find out that they're safe?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2014, 10:11:38 am »

((Waiting on difference between lasers and kinetics before doing any action))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 23, 2014, 04:11:44 pm »

((Whoops, knew I forgot something

added energy weapons to the OOC menu))

"What's the advantagw of lasers? And since this is a government project aren't you allowed to take any resourcees gather in colonies until you find out that they're safe?"

"More damage. Most of the time."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 23, 2014, 04:49:51 pm »

Justin commissions work on a design of his for a pair of laser rifles he dubs "Gungnir Split-Beam Laser Rifle", for a total of 40t of long-range burning death. He also sees if it is possible for them to design something along the lines of a rocket-powered delivery system for his different weapons, maybe something along the lines of a giant flying armored locker?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 23, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »

During the timeskip, Trevor had the blade on the ACS removed, as well as one unit of Predictive Plating. From that he got 16 tonnage free, using that up for a long range laser rifle, and another medium range kinetic gun.

Speaking of which, Trevor is laying on the ground in the boxing ring.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 23, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »

Replace my useless kinetic weapons with lazers.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 23, 2014, 05:08:52 pm »

Kara has one unit taken off of her rifle, as well as the assault cannons in the hands, to be replaced with a dual array of Medium Range Lasers.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 23, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »

During the timeskip, Ao had the Falchion blade and the Ragnell rifle redesigned and the Aversa removed.

The Falchion is now a dual long range laser rifle (20 tonnage, two guns combined, can be switched from dual fire to single fire) with an underbarrel bayonet (21 tonnage) and the Ragnell redesigned into a dual medium range kinetic rifle (two guns combined, 12 tonnage, permanently on dual fire mode).

Ao nods at Trevor as she finishes another round of boxing.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 92