Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!  (Read 57496 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Whoa......she summoned her father from the grave :o
Wrong person. Younger brother, apparently. And in related news, I am quite sorry about the confusion Kansa.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

It's no problem :)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Welp. He's dead most likely.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile

Is my guy good?
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Is my guy good?

How the hell did he get a home-made mech? The aliens aren't exactly handing them out, and the only humans mechs in existence are kept in the hangar. They're also powered by fusion engines, which makes a workshop-made one pretty impossible, unless he's secretly a crazy billionaire.

What's ultra-light class? +4 speed, 50 tonnage, 400 health?

Also, you buy the kinetic weapons in units, ie 1 unit consists of a max output of x damage per turn for that weapon (the default for short range being 60 bullets, each doing 1 damage).

Everyone else is fine. Unleash the dakka!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:51:32 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile

Gas engine :P I didnt know how they were powered

But I want 10 points of close range gun, whatever that is, preferably spraying massive quantities of bullets.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:11:46 pm by Again_Dejavu »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gas engine :P I didnt know how they were powered

But I want 10 points of close range gun, whatever that is, preferably spraying massive quantities.

According to the module list, that would only amount to two and a half guns for 10 tons :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile

Yeah... Wasn't quite sure on how that stud worked so I just wanted one 10 point gun.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, for 2 tons less you could get a long ranged cannon, or he could just give you one short-ranged MASSIVE gatling that fires 150 bullets a round :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Also, you buy the kinetic weapons in units, ie 1 unit consists of a max output of x damage per turn for that weapon (the default for short range being 60 bullets, each doing 1 damage).

I... honestly still don't know damage works in this game. Because it sounds like you're paying 4 tons for a weapon that deals 60 damage each turn. Which doesn't make sense because for a comparable melee weapon, you'd need to spend 30 tons. For a weapon with shorter range. Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2014, 08:22:00 pm »

I... honestly still don't know damage works in this game. Because it sounds like you're paying 4 tons for a weapon that deals 60 damage each turn. Which doesn't make sense because for a comparable melee weapon, you'd need to spend 30 tons. For a weapon with shorter range. Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

The 60 gets rolled, and then dodging and armor takes more damage off the final value.

Melee weapons, on the other hand, do a constant amount of damage each attack.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2014, 08:27:17 pm »

Oh. I see.

Which still makes melee weapons really underpowered. I mean, unless the bullets consistently do less than 8 damage per attack you're still better off getting a ranged weapon instead of a melee weapon with the same tonnage.

Also if Kennith wants to talk to someone in Katawa Shoujo, Riko is definitely up to the task.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2014, 08:27:47 pm »

We should research jump boosters. Imagine how awesome it would be to ride a kaiju in a mech.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2014, 08:29:42 pm »

Good point. Changing damage to 4x, then.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2014, 08:37:42 pm »

That's... better, I guess. Given its extremely short range it should still be higher though. Right now melee is doing less damage per tonnage than the long-range weapon on average. It should be doing... 8 damage a ton, I think. That'll give it the best damage output on average, but you're right in the enemy's face if you want to deal it out. Which still sorta makes the close ranged guns arguably better weapons, since they do 7.5 damage a ton on average, but you aren't as vulnerable as in melee. Yay, game balance~
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36