Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!  (Read 59684 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Pshaw. I'd play it. Well, if Elf would let me. :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how you're basing every game on Bay12 on the cluster of players in RotMG and associated games.

Rather than looking at most of the games.

Besides which, variety for the sake of variety is fairly pointless and uninteresting. I like making character concepts that are unique, yes, but making a character guy because there's no one else who is, rather than because that's part of the character...well...
Actually, I've read quite a lot of games already, not just RotMG. It's just that - screw it, I'm just calling it RMG - RMG has a very high character count compared to most other games and it's the one that I remember the best. You have a point though. Maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough.

I also agree with your second point. However, if you've been paying enough attention - which I'll admit is actually rather difficult what with how clusterfucked the whole topic has become - you'll have noticed that diversity is part of the reason I made Tano gay. The other part is that... well it's what you said - it's part of his character.

Besides, diversity for diversity's sake is not necessarily bad. At the very least it prevents things from looking like an episode of Friends. White people as far as the eye can see.

EDIT:
Alright, done my work, time to check up in...

ElfCollaborator's One-Man Multiplayer PbP Game

Featuring ElfCollaborator as your GM and ElfCollaborator as Players 1, 2, 3, 5 ,6 ,7 and 8.
Main ship: ElfCollaborator's Character 1xElfCollaborator's Character 2

The plot: ElfCollaborator has attempted to steal the precinct of the space time continuum for nefarious shipping purposes, so ElfCollaborator and seven other of his allies, all ElfCollaborator, have to win it back from ElfCollaborator.

Nope, I'm out.
SMURFINGTON! YOU'RE ON! PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS:
The picture's obviously not of a 16 year old. Saying that he just 'looks young' is a bit unrealistic and we can't have unrealistic in a genre where giant robots, giant monsters, aliens, portals, and space colonisation are actual things. Of course, if we're going unrealistic then he might as well stay 15. His official age is 15 now btw. Accept pleeeease?

EDIT: Actually, since the only problem seems to be his age rather than anything else, can I just start playing while leaving his age a grey area until we sort it out?

EDIT2: I'd like to ask how Adaptive Strategy actually works. What's best weapon and damage and best defence? What's to say which of our weapons is our best one? On that note, why use that over Weapon Overclock? What's best defence?

EDIT3:
EDIT: Is it possible to change the stats of the mech even after you start playing with it? I ask because I have no idea how good Face God's sword compares to its guns and if it's too powerful I'll want to divert the spare tonnage into armour.

Good lord an EDIT4: Do the damage multipliers work on simple or compound interest? In the following example, the mech is using Weapon overclock (+40% damage) and High Energy Couplings (+30% damage).
Which of the calculations are used:

[DAM] * (1+0.4+0.3)

OR

([DAM]*1.4) * 1.3

I knew I was forgetting something! EDIT5: Do we get to see the rolls/enemy tactics again once we upgrade the mechs? Like do we need a scanner or something? IDEA! The hypothetical Scanner tech route could be unlocked via a quest line. At first, the scanner needs to be used at Melee range to properly get data and calibrate it. Then when the battle is finished, the scientists can use that data to create a Scanner that from that point on would inform the pilot of enemy tactics when in Melee range. A Scanner v2 Prototype that would be able to tell enemy tactics from Close range would require getting data on both Melee range and Close range AND the old Scanner must not be used during the v2 prototype due to prototypical interference or something.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:48:17 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Accepting age 16 as bare minimum.

Kay.

Adaptive strategy will make more sense once more modules are unlocked.

You can change the stats, but I'll hate you for it.

The first one.

Scanners are already part of the tech tree, which has already been finalised. I don't need your help! :P
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

So do you think that Mexico attacking America after coming under control of a massive cartel is to weird for a super hero game?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Uh, hate to break it to you, but Mexico is already run by a massive cartel.

Also, why would they attack?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Lot's of super villains looking to get Texas back. They never really let the whole thing go.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Accepting age 16 as bare minimum.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So do you think that Mexico attacking America after coming under control of a massive cartel is to weird for a super hero game?
That's actually not that bad, but have the cartel ally themselves with Canada who has been taken over by the Mafia. Mexico invading America alone - cartel or no cartel - is unrealistic.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:06:54 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Why in god's name would you want Texas, especially if you already have a massive cartel? Just live off the profit and party 24/7 instead.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why in god's name would you want Texas, especially if you already have a massive cartel? Just live off the profit and party 24/7 instead.
To free the slaves of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

But you get Texans.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, good point. There are ways of getting Texas without the Texans though...

Just have Obama voted in enough times and they'll all eventually move to Australia, Canada, UK, whatever, just like they said they would before the last election.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Nope, no Texans in our Commonwealth countries, thank you very much. On that note, why would they move there? It's way more multicultural.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On that note, why would they move there? It's way more multicultural.
They don't know! That's the beauty of it! X)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:11:50 am by Andres »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Alright, done my work, time to check up in...

ElfCollaborator's One-Man Multiplayer PbP Game

Featuring ElfCollaborator as your GM and ElfCollaborator as Players 1, 2, 3, 5 ,6 ,7 and 8.
Main ship: ElfCollaborator's Character 1xElfCollaborator's Character 2

The plot: ElfCollaborator has attempted to steal the precinct of the space time continuum for nefarious shipping purposes, so ElfCollaborator and seven other of his allies, all ElfCollaborator, have to win it back from ElfCollaborator.

Nope, I'm out.
*drags him back in with an umbrella and points at a poor potato, crying in a corner because he didn't update*

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

*pegs shoe at elf*

I recently acquired a life; time has abandoned me :P
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36