Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!  (Read 57456 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2014, 04:55:01 am »

I'd like to dispute that a little. I may only have 16 tons worth of weapons, I have a damage potential of 240(average is gonna be a bit less, but hey). That's on the higher end of all the mechs here :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2014, 04:58:26 am »

Heh. It IS still somewhat squishy, though, and it's right up with the Exalt in terms of glass cannon-ness.

ADAMANT and ASR are tankier and deal better average damage, I believe.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2014, 05:24:55 am »

heh, yah. The TDS-1A Thor was built like a fighter jet; fast, lots of dakka, but a bit fragile(though I do have decent defensive systems)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2014, 06:41:42 am »

I expect to see many a bullet hell when you're fighting other mecha.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2014, 06:49:33 am »

I am obligated to ship Ao/Sam, Ao/Lethe and Lethe/Sam because reasons.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mech
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2014, 08:11:48 am »

ADAMANT and ASR are tankier and deal better average damage, I believe.

Eh... ASR-066 could be better. If I switched all of its weapon tonnage to close-range, its DPS should double before armour is considered. So unless armour reduces damage by more than half, more dakka is the way to go. Except ASR-066 is a Super Robot, so it has to have a melee weapon of some type. So I guess I'll change stuff around a bit when tonnage isn't so tight.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2014, 08:14:27 am »

I'm trying to gear mine as a super robot too, hence the appearance and the BFS. :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mech
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2014, 08:19:06 am »

Obviously. Why else would you take the Heavy Frame? Besides the fact that it's better than a Medium Frame if you give it the speed booster.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2014, 11:12:51 am »

The difference, Elf, is that I control my character. :P

And while it might be a thing where Sam's okay with 'helping', they're not actually going to enjoy it, not really. Just not how they work. Love=/= sex, for them. But this is getting a bit redundant to be arguing about, so instead I'll complain about Sam only appearing once on the tropes page. :P

It's probably just because I haven't made them overwhelmingly badass on first impression.

On the other hand, I'm like the only person who likes to fight at long range.

I should have made a heavy mech and given it like eight long range weapons and just artilleried everything to all hell. Made some mistakes when designing my mech in terms of stats. Ah well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2014, 11:19:16 am »

Added a bit more backstory to Trevor, since before, it seemed bland.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2014, 11:21:50 am »

I added a trope for Sam.

Also, I've realized that Sam and Kyle are axe buddies.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2014, 11:29:48 am »

Maria is an Expy of Sniper Wolf. And her Mech is a Expy of Crying wolf's mech suit...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »

The difference, Elf, is that I control my character. :P

And while it might be a thing where Sam's okay with 'helping', they're not actually going to enjoy it, not really. Just not how they work. Love=/= sex, for them. But this is getting a bit redundant to be arguing about, so instead I'll complain about Sam only appearing once on the tropes page. :P

It's probably just because I haven't made them overwhelmingly badass on first impression.

On the other hand, I'm like the only person who likes to fight at long range.

I should have made a heavy mech and given it like eight long range weapons and just artilleried everything to all hell. Made some mistakes when designing my mech in terms of stats. Ah well.
:P
Well, just because it's not canon doesn't mean I can't write fanfic about it. Just ask everyone who was in KS. :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2014, 01:01:19 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/UNMDFirstContact

IT IS DONE

Welp. I added in a few more tropes, and edited some of the existing tropes to better reflect Luzia and the ASR. I hope that you're happy Elf.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36