Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 179179 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1245 on: March 12, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »

Kai stares up into the sky.

Soooo... Mission success?

I-Is everyone OK?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 12, 2015, 02:20:14 pm »

((So I'm curious. What would have happened had I actually tossed the Eater in it's cocoon towards the "sun"? And gotten a high enough roll, for that matter.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 12, 2015, 03:32:59 pm »

"We... We're alive? Is that thing really leaving? Oh good god I want off this planet.. Steve, it's probably safe to send a shuttle to us now!" Jog towards Feyri and Morul to make sure they are OK, and help them if needed "Feyri, Morul, are you guys all right?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:29:47 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 12, 2015, 03:39:39 pm »

Gorat stops his futile distraction attempt and radios the team. "Everybody, status? And yeah, looks like you can send in the shuttle... soonishly, Steve. Time for me to face the music."

Shuttle?

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25:33 pm »

"Owwww....... god dammit I have got to stop doing thaaaat.... FUUUUoooooww..... ughh.... Steve... could you ask the Armory Master how to deal with amp-headaches? Ow."

Rest brain, get carried/dragged back to group and or the shuttle.

((Well, we're alive. This is good. We released another thingy into the thingy, which did a thingy. So-so. It's leaving. This was the best possible outcome. In all, fairly standard mission.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 12, 2015, 04:27:25 pm »

((I'm extremely happy with how things turned out, all things considered))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 12, 2015, 05:27:40 pm »

((PW had mercy on us? I don't even. I thought even surviving this mission was going to be a challenge at this point, much less succeeding the mission))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 12, 2015, 06:14:32 pm »

((PW had mercy on us? I don't even. I thought even surviving this mission was going to be a challenge at this point, much less succeeding the mission))
((NO. This is EXACTLY the thing that had been on the back of Feyri's mind [ie something I was hoping for but didn't type directly, hinted in the rambling references to M3]. It's just like the thingy in the past! The al- Oh let me IC it darnit.))

Feyri gazed into the heavens using what remained of her visual processes. Her memories, connecting the visual input with recalled information, re-experience extremely similar feelings to her second mission (Mission 3), in as much as she experiences the same 'lack' of control, though not bereft of true inaction, that she had felt during that time spending with the 'earworm'.

Her memories turned to the present as she remembered the H.M.R.C. and its code, how many horrors she has faced, including the first mission she had gone on: the innumerable deaths and sadness she felt, for a long and somber moment as she had to walk out from the tomb of a civilization with a broken artifact on person, and looked around her at the landscape as well as Morul.

Had she become numbed to who she really was? Her mind was set on the mission objective, and she pondered on where the ulterior motive on something...nice happening. She did recall it being present, though drowned out in the sea of wondering about the 'Sacrificial Pit', as well as the many...hosts, that the Eater had taken.

In reality, she was hugging Morul, as her blank faceplate gazed into the illuminated sky.

:)
That...is a beautiful sight.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:27:54 pm by Tiruin »

Nunzillor

« Reply #1253 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:36 pm »

((!!! Totally not what I expected to happen!  Yay!))
"That... that actually worked?

Ra has shown mercy upon us!  Truly we are blessed!"

High-five everyone in range repeatedly, including mummies.  But do so regally, of course.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:23:28 pm by Nunzillor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 12, 2015, 07:24:12 pm »

High-five everyone in range repeatedly, including mummies.  But do so regally, of course.
((This imagery...Regal high-five, I say? XD))

Nunzillor

« Reply #1255 on: March 12, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »

((Haha honestly I don't know if it can be pulled off or how amusingly it can fail-- only the roll can tell.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 13, 2015, 12:35:04 am »

Hug random team-mates in jubilation
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1257 on: March 13, 2015, 11:56:26 am »

Continue up the tunnel. Keep a feel out for interesting phenomena.

Fast forward to getting picked up once we've explored a bit and returned, maybe?

Unless you guys have anything of particular importance that you want to do, I think everyone else is ready to bug the fuck out and open the champagne.

Hug random team-mates in jubilation
((!!! Totally not what I expected to happen!  Yay!))
"That... that actually worked?

Ra has shown mercy upon us!  Truly we are blessed!"

Hugs and highfives about not being dead! Wooo!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 13, 2015, 11:58:13 am »

Alright then. Head to the surface and join the celebrations.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 13, 2015, 11:59:47 am »

Get off this rock.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89