Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76266 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #645 on: March 03, 2015, 11:38:53 am »

Yes. What happened to Jim? Did we miss an amp-user in the base we destroyed, or was his... accident tied with anything else?

Will we leave any permanent embassy here? Generally, what is the local population attitude towards us now? ...Are we picking up any volunteers?

What will happen to the knowledge they are supposed to share with us? How much of it will be made available to people outside of Hephaestus? Generally, can we finally have bio-tinker?

How did other missions fare so far? Are we needed elsewhere? What took the shuttles so long?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 03, 2015, 12:47:43 pm »

You guys have any questions or feedback here?
"Just a few quick ones. First, what is the net token worth of the guns we looted, ad these three battlesuits? The meds are for Nik to divide as he wants, but I'd like to add whatever we get from this to those 6 tokens before I divide anything.

And will we be able to recruit any science or construction crews for use on Hephaestus?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2015, 01:25:14 pm »

Brother Lars bowed his head as Steve spoke.  When his turn came to speak, he raised his arms above his head.  "We only ask for a safe recovery for General Jim, and if it is his time to pass, guide his soul into your loving embrace.  Amen."

>Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see him again in one form or another.

Yes. What happened to Jim? Did we miss an amp-user in the base we destroyed, or was his... accident tied with anything else?

Will we leave any permanent embassy here? Generally, what is the local population attitude towards us now? ...Are we picking up any volunteers?

What will happen to the knowledge they are supposed to share with us? How much of it will be made available to people outside of Hephaestus? Generally, can we finally have bio-tinker?

How did other missions fare so far? Are we needed elsewhere? What took the shuttles so long?

>Dunno, we'll have to see when we get his body back.

>We'll leave some people here, some sods namely and a bit of crew. We'll be shipping soldiers here from Heph, along with tech and ships. As per volunteers? Well, no new soldiers at least.

>We'll see. Mainly they were gonna supply us with the results of the research more then the research itself. But if you want to tinker with biological things, you can do that.

>Probably best not to worry about it. We may need to thaw some people though.

You guys have any questions or feedback here?
"Just a few quick ones. First, what is the net token worth of the guns we looted, ad these three battlesuits? The meds are for Nik to divide as he wants, but I'd like to add whatever we get from this to those 6 tokens before I divide anything.

And will we be able to recruit any science or construction crews for use on Hephaestus?"

>Probably about 35 tokens. They're damaged but we can salvage a lot.

>They'd be Bio-specialized, but yes.

Anything else?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2015, 03:07:26 pm »

"Coolio. Can we assume you'll handle picking these peeps up and arranging their accommodations? And will you screen them? Just in case one of them's a loyal UWM knucklehead."

((Quick question: are you guys ok with just turning those battlesuits into tokens and diving them? Would almost double mission pay (35+6=41  41/9=4,5  so at least 4 bonus tokens for every one!) and be least hassle. There'd be 5 tokens left, we can dump them into the team fund or I'll give one extra to the newbs, Lyra, Lars and Nik. Either is good for me.

Opinions?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2015, 03:13:40 pm »

((Toaster says that's fine and Lars wouldn't object to anything.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2015, 03:26:11 pm »

((I just need 15 tokens for my mind control amp. So as long as Beirus survives (he owes me 5 tokens), you could donate my extra tokens to people with few missions, like Lyra and Daineal.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 04, 2015, 03:32:20 pm »

((At times like these, Maurice would really show his contempt for an average convict's greed... But since it's OOC, I'm fine.
Also, come to think of it, IC it's kinda strange for Jim's share of tokens to be distributed among the team - but Steve said so, so it should be considered his deep scheming, rather than mistake/OOC knowledge creeping in. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 04, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »

At times like these, Maurice would really show his contempt for an average convict's greed... But since it's OOC, I'm fine.

((I'm... not sure I'm following?))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 04, 2015, 03:43:19 pm »

((Well, up to giving up the whole token share (in this case), for example. Impractical, minorly impressive, and clearly something no reasonable-minded convict would do. Not to mention it being detrimental to the meaning and utility of tokens as mechanism of measuring Steve's trust. ))
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 04, 2015, 03:59:37 pm »

((So, you are against the concept of pooling tokens and dividing them at the end of a mission? Cause I thought you were fine with that before, though I may be misremembering.

The idea behind it is to prevent people going after loot for themselves and putting the mission second, and to even out the fact that not everybody is in equal position of getting any. Also allows us to give some extra to who we think deserves it or really needs it. finally, it means less work for pw.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #655 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:38 am »

"Coolio. Can we assume you'll handle picking these peeps up and arranging their accommodations? And will you screen them? Just in case one of them's a loyal UWM knucklehead."

((Quick question: are you guys ok with just turning those battlesuits into tokens and diving them? Would almost double mission pay (35+6=41  41/9=4,5  so at least 4 bonus tokens for every one!) and be least hassle. There'd be 5 tokens left, we can dump them into the team fund or I'll give one extra to the newbs, Lyra, Lars and Nik. Either is good for me.

Opinions?))

>Done and done.

That it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 05, 2015, 11:24:30 am »

Shower us with your blessings, oh great Steve!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 05, 2015, 11:53:48 am »

((Yeah, we're almost there. No big opposition to the proposed division, so that's what we'll do.

That means 5 bonus tokens for Lyra, Bart, Dan, Lars and Maurice, and 4 for Flint, Mesk, Renen and Miya.

Once you confirm, that'll be all.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 05, 2015, 02:16:42 pm »

seems good.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 06, 2015, 02:43:50 am »

(Sounds good to me.)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45