Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76370 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #570 on: January 31, 2015, 05:26:49 pm »

Blow up the base regardless. Nuclear Orange. Scream something appropriate while doing so. Flint is going crazy from being unable to deal with this, I might as well take advantage of it to test his weapons. If anyone tries to interfere, they get shoved away. If they persist, they get shot with X-rays.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 31, 2015, 05:30:57 pm »

"Done here?"
Leave the supplies at the shuttle, take off and rain death down on any buildings still standing.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 31, 2015, 05:52:38 pm »

((Oh. Wow. ... Guess at least we should've scared them all away.))
Make sure I got everyone (surviving patients) and everything (heads, supplies) I could to the shuttle before the fireworks start. Pray that we got out everyone we could as the mayhem begins.
Contemplate with the Muse the spiritual meaning of all of this.

((Because of the order actions are worked out... oh well, there is nothing else to do here.

@Piecewise Yes, fine, thank you - I presume we got several such 'resupply crates'? Because I thought there'd be more medical supplies at a hospital, and no reason to waste those when they could be saved for later - the idea behind scavenging a lot of them, anyway. Also, did I get the surviving comatose patients and any remaining heads out of the hospital before they start blowing people the place up, per my earlier action? ))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:10:36 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 31, 2015, 07:48:59 pm »

Lars nodded at a job well done.  "General, the bomb is set.  Orders?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 01, 2015, 07:04:24 am »

Take everything to shuttle and hide inside.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 01, 2015, 09:08:02 am »

Well...you manage to destroy the inner workings. But you don't quite do it as cleanly and effectively as you would have liked. You basically melt the internals of the suit into a fine slurry, which rather ruins the usefulness of the suit.

((Ok, I'm sorry for doing this, and I hate complaining about turn results... but really? I couldn't cleanly disable those immobile suits at close range, despite a full +3 to roll and a perfect decomp? Worst roll I can have is a 4, and I've had plenty clean battlesuits pilot kills before, and that was when they were moving and shooting at me. I mean, if you just don't want an influx of three battlesuits into the playerbase, you can just say so, and we'll sell them of to the armory for a few bonus tokens. Or let Flint shoot them or something.))

Wait till Flint is done screaming. Mumble something about power levels over 9000. Move all the things and teammates far enough away from the base to clear to blast radius. Then wait till people are at the shuttle, then say following

"Gentlemen, lady, we have arranged a special fireworks display today for your viewing pleasure.

Brother Lars, if you'd be so kind?"

Then wait till Lars detonates it and watch the 'splosion. Oh, and request Steve to send a few extra shuttles to come grab all our extra crap we have here.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:10:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 01, 2015, 07:34:12 pm »

Make sure I'm out of range of deadification by 'splosion. Then scenically turn back on said 'splosion and stare off into the distance.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 01, 2015, 11:03:03 pm »

Brother Lars grinned a bit too widely.  "My pleasure, General.  For the GLOR-REE OF STEEEEEEEEVE"

On cue, blow the base.  Watch the pretty lights.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #578 on: February 02, 2015, 04:48:24 pm »

((Oh. Wow. ... Guess at least we should've scared them all away.))
Make sure I got everyone (surviving patients) and everything (heads, supplies) I could to the shuttle before the fireworks start. Pray that we got out everyone we could as the mayhem begins.
Contemplate with the Muse the spiritual meaning of all of this.

((Because of the order actions are worked out... oh well, there is nothing else to do here.

@Piecewise Yes, fine, thank you - I presume we got several such 'resupply crates'? Because I thought there'd be more medical supplies at a hospital, and no reason to waste those when they could be saved for later - the idea behind scavenging a lot of them, anyway. Also, did I get the surviving comatose patients and any remaining heads out of the hospital before they start blowing people the place up, per my earlier action? ))
We'll assume you got plenty of crates of crud, along with any surviving patients and a big fucking sack of heads. So yeah, it's all done.

Blow up the base regardless. Nuclear Orange. Scream something appropriate while doing so. Flint is going crazy from being unable to deal with this, I might as well take advantage of it to test his weapons. If anyone tries to interfere, they get shoved away. If they persist, they get shot with X-rays.
Lets see...what is orange again? Ah. Here it is. Lets just roll...

You switch the gun to orange and it reconfigures into a sort of wide mouthed cannon. You pull the trigger and the entire thing hums frighteningly. Down in the general area where you were aiming, one of the building's bursts into flames. Huh...

Brother Lars grinned a bit too widely.  "My pleasure, General.  For the GLOR-REE OF STEEEEEEEEVE"

On cue, blow the base.  Watch the pretty lights.
You sit around on the hillside and wait for Miya to give you the go ahead. He does so in a fittingly corny way and you dial in the password on your wristpad and hit send.

Now, you're sure that the blast was very bright. You're sure of this because your suit's cameras all shut down the instant you pressed the button to prevent you from going blind. You're also sure it was very loud, because the microphones did likewise. In fact, even with everything shut down, you could still hear it and see the light of it a bit, straight through the helmet. The one thing that wasn't dampened was the shockwave, which bowled over basically everyone, including miya, thanks to his giant ass and its giant surface area. When the cameras and microphones finally did decide to come back on, they give you a view of swirling dust and, above it in the barely visible sky, a rising mushroom cloud and very little else.

>Extra shuttles are on their way. Please get things ordered in how you want them to be picked up. Make Sure jim gets on the first one out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 02, 2015, 04:51:56 pm »

"Praise be to Steve."

Get up and get in.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #580 on: February 02, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »

Hmm... Not what I expected from a nuclear pictogram, but definitely very interesting. Did I happen to see anything with my cameyes when using orange?

Regardless, carefully get my heads in the stasis pods. Try to learn a thing or two about the Stasis Pod's controls while I'm at it. You never know when you'll have to freeze another civvy or teammate.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:34:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 02, 2015, 06:14:52 pm »

Well... The mission is finished, yet there is no relief felt - nor cheer. On the whole, things must've gone fairly well - far better than they could have happened. And yet we have killed oh so many, including noncombatants and mere bystanders - and, as one of the worst traditions in the 'Corps goes, many of them deliberately and for its own sake. May there be mercy for us all.
Get Jim in the pods, followed by heads and finally the survivors. After that goes all the nonorganic stuff that cannot go stale.
Or just follow the Commander's orders on loading the shuttles.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 02, 2015, 06:27:33 pm »

wait for pickup
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 03, 2015, 07:25:44 am »

"Ok then, let's get moving, we've earned a warm meal and a hot shower after all this.

Load Jim first, then the other corpses and heads, then you guys, then the loot and vehicles, then me and whoever wanted to help me load those jeeps and crap."

help loading stuff in order described.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:27:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #584 on: February 04, 2015, 02:09:54 am »

Hmm... Not what I expected from a nuclear pictogram, but definitely very interesting. Did I happen to see anything with my cameyes when using orange?

Regardless, carefully get my heads in the stasis pods. Try to learn a thing or two about the Stasis Pod's controls while I'm at it. You never know when you'll have to freeze another civvy or teammate.

Hmm. I forget. Can cameyes see massive fuckoff walls of radiation so powerful they cause things to combust?

Well... The mission is finished, yet there is no relief felt - nor cheer. On the whole, things must've gone fairly well - far better than they could have happened. And yet we have killed oh so many, including noncombatants and mere bystanders - and, as one of the worst traditions in the 'Corps goes, many of them deliberately and for its own sake. May there be mercy for us all.
Get Jim in the pods, followed by heads and finally the survivors. After that goes all the nonorganic stuff that cannot go stale.
Or just follow the Commander's orders on loading the shuttles.

So, these heads going to Steve? Because steve and the unspecified projects on Heph could use some heads.

And now....I dunno. I can't really bring you back to the ship for the moment. There's nothing there for you to land in. Characterwise Its easy to just say you came back later but I'm not sure what to let you guys do till then.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45