Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76400 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #555 on: January 24, 2015, 11:28:36 am »

Assist Lars is destruction/burning/death/molestery.

Wait what

((Only three out of four.))
((Yeah, he doesn't have time to completely destroy the buildings.))
(Look at how beautiful this is.)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 29, 2015, 03:48:56 am »

((Ok peeps, here's how things are: I asked pw, and he confirmed that at this point we're basically stalling for time until the mission could end. So, we agreed it might be best if we just tried to wrap things up (meaning we won't have to check every room in every building) and just do whatever we still want to and then blow this joint. Like, literally blow it up.

Everyone ok with this? If yes, say so and I'll have Miya announce stuff in-game. Things I think we still have to do: disable those three suits and collect them, let Maurice loot the hospital for meds, let Lars burn the hospital for funs, and check if we can salvage any of the weapons of those dead people. Anything else that's vital?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 29, 2015, 09:42:29 am »

((Any interest in finding a not-dead important looking person and Lars mindreading them?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 29, 2015, 10:16:06 am »

((Any interest in finding a not-dead important looking person and Lars mindreading them?))

((I dunno, feels like there's little to be gained from that. I mean, we have the planet secured now, so what could anyone (who is more than probably dead by now if he was in that comm center, or a building hit by the laser) really tell that we'd want to know? If there was still an important side objective we could go for, I don't think pw would've said he's stalling for time a bit at this point. ))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

((Let's see... I/Maurice have a few more things to suggest doing:
  • What about capturing a few prisoners to interrogate as you originally intended? Come to think of it, even if the highest-ranking officials are now dead/missing, a couple of their assistants and maybe computer or communications operators (the surviving ones, anyway) could potentially fill in finely, especially if any of them happen to be ambitious, bright and maybe not so willing to die for the UWM.
    On to why would interrogations prove useful: we could learn half a ton small but potentially useful facts. Starting with "Why do you perceive us that utterly evil?" and up to "When is the next UWM patrol fleet coming around to provide military supplies to the base and investigate the mysteriously missing communications?". Plus any converted UWM official can be a huge boon to the propaganda effort, both to common people and UWM staff everywhere.
  • Closely following the previous suggestion, raid for surviving data storages. Sure, there was a bigfucking EMP, but some storage mediums might be less susceptible to that (especially if they were kept unconnected and unpowered at the moment), there might've been a faraday cage or something, and, in general, military equipment is often made with brutal survivability in mind.
  • Do some extra propaganda. Maybe paint a series of applicable giant HMRC Pantheon signs all over the place (Lars would be ecstatic, I'm sure), renditions of the famous "Magister says: Fuck UWM!" painting, pro-ARM graffiti and whatever. If we do have a symbol and/or a flag for our cause, we can as well put them on the ruins - this was not a black ops, quite the opposite. We might want to refrain from doing something vulgar and obscene, but we have inspire the hearts of common people - and subsequently this video (possibly highly edited to keep our new Q'Baja friends safe) could be used for propaganda later on.
  • Maybe collect test subjects recruit volunteers into the ARM. We want to show people we are to succeed the UWM as far as the united humanity stands, and they might be useful additions to the team. Plus, if any of them turn out to be a double agent, we'll have an excellent way of feeding the UWM the information we want them to believe (and I trust Steve completely in being able to discern them).
  • Did they have any vehicles apart the battlesuits? We might want to requisition them as well.
  • If any of the comatose patients is in severe life danger from Lars's rampage, we might consider taking them along; maybe even all of the comatose, or just those who don't have any surviving relatives. Also, perhaps the mostly intact bodies of people we've killed.
    The reason is twofold: Firstly, they are quite unlikely to be treated here, and locals might just use those bodies as we intend to - except they're probably much more unhinged. And secondly, I recall we need some 'tissues' and 'substances' of human origin? For the factory, wetware research/production, etc. And this might be the most ethical way to do so (apart from volunteer donations off the Hephaestus populace).
  • Closely related to the previous point: check up the locals whether they have the facilities to treat all the people we've wounded here (and would be willing to do so at all). If not, perhaps we should bring them aboard - and then sort them out to recruits to the cause, prisoners and (if we have the need and the stomach for that) - additional human tissue deposits.
  • Finally, we might want to hide the most incriminating corpses of the useless to us - the civvies, the dead hospital staff, etc. You know, Q'Baja relations and propaganda issues. (Maybe this one is the only suggestion from the list that clearly doesn't come from Maurice, btw - he'd very much rather found the guilty and gave them out to Q'Bajans - too bad he doesn't know any except for Mesk, and Mesk is but a small-time murderer tonight)

Also, heh-heh. Advanced Requisitions Movement  :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 29, 2015, 04:07:27 pm »

((Such list, much wow.  ;)

Anyway, most of these things can just be included in one or two 'big actions' instead of doing them all by hand one by one. Between 9 people, we can get a whole lot done if pw allows big spanning actions without needing to roll most of them (eg if renen makes his action 'sweep whole base, knock out anyone who looks of use, take them with us on shuttle' we can sort things out on ship, without spending another dozen turns on it. Though I again wonder if any of these shmucks will be of any use, I suspect all that's left by now are civvies too dumb to run or soldiers too die-hard to surrender or convert.)

Oh, and remember, we really are gonna blow up this whole site once we leave, might invalidate a few points.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2015, 04:34:47 pm »

((I only humbly strive to think strategically and competently, sir.  :)

Big generalised actions: I must have misunderstood something, but aren't we skipping individual actions and just telling Piecewise what we want done before we blow the place up and then he narratively wraps up the mission? Sort of like timeskips work in this game? I based my suggestions (some of them fairly lengthy actions if performed in the usual manner) on that assumption.

Oh, and remember, we really are gonna blow up this whole site once we leave, might invalidate a few points.
Well then, unless we get those too wounded to run away from the blast zone before we depart, we ought to take them along, I guess. But yeah, it does invalidate a few points.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2015, 06:22:56 pm »

((I only humbly strive to think strategically and competently, sir. 

Big generalised actions: I must have misunderstood something, but aren't we skipping individual actions and just telling Piecewise what we want done before we blow the place up and then he narratively wraps up the mission? Sort of like timeskips work in this game? I based my suggestions (some of them fairly lengthy actions if performed in the usual manner) on that assumption.
((A commendable quest!

Either way, that's how I think pw wanted to do it, just each do one or two final actions before we leave. And since there doesn't seem to be a massive outcry against, Let's just go through with it, so we finish along with the other missions.))

"Ok guys, listen up! I just got from steve that we're gonna blow this joint in short order. No need for us to sweep the whole base. Before you whip out the booze though, let's finish a few things up.

Maurice, you grab whatever you want from the hospital, drag it to the shuttle. Any patients left, you either drop them away from a the base or we take them with us if you don't think they'd make it. I'll trust your medical expertise on deciding that. Mesk, you help him.

Daineal and Bart, you gather all the weapons and supplies scattered around that you can find and are still usable, drop them at the shuttle.

Renen and Flint, you go around the base and announce that we'll be blowing the place up, and that this is their last chance to make a run for it. If you encounter any civvies to dumb to run, just shove them a ways outside the base. Any resistance can be dealt with by lethal force or capturing them, whatever goes fastest. Oh, and please also remove those mechanics I glued to the floor of the garage. Use my spraycan of dissolvant if needed.

Lars, you go fetch the bomb that I think should be stowed n the shuttle, and place it somewhere in the base. Don't activate it yet, just search a good spot.

I will take care of the battlesuits and jeeps. Lyra, you got my back."

Very carefully, one by one, kill the pilots of the battlesuits with my manip. Make sure to use enough force to ensure a clean quick kill, but try not to damage the suits so that they're unusable. After all are dead, move the suits to the shuttle, as well as those jeeps/other vehicles, and any useful tools.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:24:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »

Flint, you go around the base and announce that we'll be blowing the place up, and that this is their last chance to make a run for it. If you encounter any civvies to dumb to run, just shove them a ways outside the base. Any resistance can be dealt with by lethal force or capturing them, whatever goes fastest. Oh, and please also remove those mechanics I glued to the floor of the garage. Use my spraycan of dissolvant if needed.
Do the above in the non-lethalest way possible. You know, using microwaves, intimidation, my paint job, what I've been trying to do the entire mission. Try to make sure all civies are safely evacuated.

If I have to shoot someone, I'd like to test blue lightning on them.

If we're blowing this place up, I'd also like permission to test Orange Nuke on it, just to see how strong it is and what it really does. From a safe distance, of course, pressing the trigger as little as necessary.

EDIT: And take any dead heads I find for our head hunting doctor.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:02:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

Affirmative, Commander.
Carefully search throughout the hospital and take along to the shuttle all the useable medical supplies and medical equipment. If, by some miracle, there are any relatively uninjured survivors - shoo them away from the base; take any and all remaining survivors, as well as all the mostly intact heads of the dead, to the shuttle.
Check up with the team for the heavily injured and head-intact bodies elsewhere around the place, and get them all to the shuttle as well.

Addendum, if I may, Commander: if anyone sees a less-thoroughly killed human around the base - and by that I mean a body that is still sort of living, or has a more or less intact head, either take them to the shuttle or notify us so we can grab it ourselves. No futile and useless deaths on my watch.

Request additional shuttle runs if all of the above does not fit in one. Survivors first, medical supplies and equipment next, and finally the heads. Remain planetside and leave on the last one.
...And what if they decide to detonate anyway? - It's not like I expect to live through the next 24 hours, anyway.
And then, I trust in General.

((Note to Piecewise: Yes, I wholly intend to get this ridiculous amount of heads and other things and people back on board. No, I don't intend to hoard them for myself. We have a war to wage, and Maurice has responsibilities to the Movement. And ideas how to help the cause.
Also, just for everyone's convenience, would you mind abstracting the medical supplies - maybe to 'emergency kit refills' & 'advanced kit refills' & 'battlestimm doses', or something hammerspacey like that (maybe also adapted to reflect the stuff we could find here)?))
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 30, 2015, 08:03:06 pm »

Addendum, if I may, Commander: if anyone sees a less-thoroughly killed human around the base - and by that I mean a body that is still sort of living, or has a more or less intact head, either take them to the shuttle or notify us so we can grab it ourselves. No futile and useless deaths on my watch.

"Good for me. If anyone sees the chance, try to save their head or tell the medics so they can take care of it. "

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2015, 10:09:04 pm »

Lars nodded.  "Yes, General!"

Go fetch bomb.  Find a nice place to put it that would blooie the whole base.  Don't arm it yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:10 pm »

"Sounds like a plan."
Sweep the hospital area for supply refills, bring Jim and the stasis cart back to the shuttle.  Load anything valuable or useful I spot onto the cart.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 31, 2015, 07:16:48 am »

Sweep base for weapons and supplies. If I meet any hostilities attempt to make them surrender.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #569 on: January 31, 2015, 03:43:57 pm »

((I only humbly strive to think strategically and competently, sir. 

((A commendable quest!

Either way, that's how I think pw wanted to do it, just each do one or two final actions before we leave. And since there doesn't seem to be a massive outcry against, Let's just go through with it, so we finish along with the other missions.))

"Ok guys, listen up! I just got from steve that we're gonna blow this joint in short order. No need for us to sweep the whole base. Before you whip out the booze though, let's finish a few things up.

Maurice, you grab whatever you want from the hospital, drag it to the shuttle. Any patients left, you either drop them away from a the base or we take them with us if you don't think they'd make it. I'll trust your medical expertise on deciding that. Mesk, you help him.

Daineal and Bart, you gather all the weapons and supplies scattered around that you can find and are still usable, drop them at the shuttle.

Renen and Flint, you go around the base and announce that we'll be blowing the place up, and that this is their last chance to make a run for it. If you encounter any civvies to dumb to run, just shove them a ways outside the base. Any resistance can be dealt with by lethal force or capturing them, whatever goes fastest. Oh, and please also remove those mechanics I glued to the floor of the garage. Use my spraycan of dissolvant if needed.

Lars, you go fetch the bomb that I think should be stowed n the shuttle, and place it somewhere in the base. Don't activate it yet, just search a good spot.

I will take care of the battlesuits and jeeps. Lyra, you got my back."

Very carefully, one by one, kill the pilots of the battlesuits with my manip. Make sure to use enough force to ensure a clean quick kill, but try not to damage the suits so that they're unusable. After all are dead, move the suits to the shuttle, as well as those jeeps/other vehicles, and any useful tools.

Well...you manage to destroy the inner workings. But you don't quite do it as cleanly and effectively as you would have liked. You basically melt the internals of the suit into a fine slurry, which rather ruins the usefulness of the suit.

Regardless, you drag them and the jeeps back toward where the shuttle dropped you off. Not that the shuttle can carry all that crap, but ok.

Flint, you go around the base and announce that we'll be blowing the place up, and that this is their last chance to make a run for it. If you encounter any civvies to dumb to run, just shove them a ways outside the base. Any resistance can be dealt with by lethal force or capturing them, whatever goes fastest. Oh, and please also remove those mechanics I glued to the floor of the garage. Use my spraycan of dissolvant if needed.
Do the above in the non-lethalest way possible. You know, using microwaves, intimidation, my paint job, what I've been trying to do the entire mission. Try to make sure all civies are safely evacuated.

If I have to shoot someone, I'd like to test blue lightning on them.

If we're blowing this place up, I'd also like permission to test Orange Nuke on it, just to see how strong it is and what it really does. From a safe distance, of course, pressing the trigger as little as necessary.

EDIT: And take any dead heads I find for our head hunting doctor.

Fuck it.

You detonate the claymores on your outer layer of armor and then gather up the corpses and pinch their heads off.  You then proceed to wander around the base, alternating between screaming about how you're gonna blow the place up and making jokes about "Bringing out your heads" and "Getting head".

You gather up the heads of as many corpses as you can, picking dozens from the bodies laying around, till you've got a bulging sack of what must be 50 to 60 severed heads.

You notice a lot more people starting to run now.

Affirmative, Commander.
Carefully search throughout the hospital and take along to the shuttle all the useable medical supplies and medical equipment. If, by some miracle, there are any relatively uninjured survivors - shoo them away from the base; take any and all remaining survivors, as well as all the mostly intact heads of the dead, to the shuttle.
Check up with the team for the heavily injured and head-intact bodies elsewhere around the place, and get them all to the shuttle as well.

Request additional shuttle runs if all of the above does not fit in one. Survivors first, medical supplies and equipment next, and finally the heads. Remain planetside and leave on the last one.
...And what if they decide to detonate anyway? - It's not like I expect to live through the next 24 hours, anyway.
And then, I trust in General.

((Note to Piecewise: Yes, I wholly intend to get this ridiculous amount of heads and other things and people back on board. No, I don't intend to hoard them for myself. We have a war to wage, and Maurice has responsibilities to the Movement. And ideas how to help the cause.
Also, just for everyone's convenience, would you mind abstracting the medical supplies - maybe to 'emergency kit refills' & 'advanced kit refills' & 'battlestimm doses', or something hammerspacey like that (maybe also adapted to reflect the stuff we could find here)?))
We'll just say that you gather enough supplies to resupply anyone who has a med or emergency kit. Good?

Lars nodded.  "Yes, General!"

Go fetch bomb.  Find a nice place to put it that would blooie the whole base.  Don't arm it yet.
I think Flint wanted to bomb the place, but ok. We'll assume you grab a nice big nuke from the ship and plant it in the center of the base, rigging it to blow on your signal.

"Sounds like a plan."
Sweep the hospital area for supply refills, bring Jim and the stasis cart back to the shuttle.  Load anything valuable or useful I spot onto the cart.
done and done.

Sweep base for weapons and supplies. If I meet any hostilities attempt to make them surrender.
Yeah yeah supplies. most of it is crap. some gauss rifles. Nothing terribly worth while.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45