Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76424 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #525 on: January 16, 2015, 02:20:37 am »

Apply cutting torch to entrance hatch.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 16, 2015, 07:07:57 am »

Lars scratched his head.  "Errr... sorry, sir, but the spirit of the gods filled me.  Surely they would have risen against us at some point; otherwise the hand of Vengeance would not have guided me.  Which building is next?"

"At least you're making good time and keeping your teammate safe-ish, that's something. A-12 is up next."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 16, 2015, 09:16:23 am »

"Yes, my general!  Forward in the name of Steve!"

Go clear A-12.  Try not to shoot non-hostiles this time (but deliver swift laser-based justice on those who oppose.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #528 on: January 16, 2015, 10:05:41 am »

((I was going to try and intimidate them out, but why not robocop them into submission instead?))

Get in through the wall closest to them and say the following as I walk towards them. All in the most intimidating manner possible, of course.
"Come quietly or there will be... trouble!"
If they start shooting guns, just stand there not giving a damn as I prepare to fire my non-lethal microwaves at them and then fire once ready.
If they have anything Anti-Tank they could use in enclosed spaces or if they have guns and start running away, then I microwave them immediately.
If they don't have guns or if they drop their guns and surrender, then try to grab one of them for interrogation. Preferably someone that looks important.
If they have guns, don't drop them but don't shoot them either, then I guess they want to negotiate so I wait for them to speak while preparing to fire in case negotiations don't pan out.
EDIT:Note that non-lethal is maximum dispersion minimum power setting.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:18:31 am by Parisbre56 »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 16, 2015, 11:58:56 pm »

"Well, not exactly what I was planning, but I like your style."

Examine survivors for anyone useful looking.

Private comm to Miya:

"Are we taking prisoners? Some people might be worth interrogating."

If yes, bind them (somehow) and keep them all together in one spot.
Otherwise just leave them.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 17, 2015, 12:53:41 am »

If they start shooting guns, just stand there not giving a damn as I prepare to fire my non-lethal microwaves at them and then fire once ready.
((You may want to specify - wide-angle, lowest intensity microwaves. Also known as the "excruciating pain and 2nd degree burns" setting, for the Raduga.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 17, 2015, 12:59:29 am »

Private comm to Miya:

"If you can manage it, ok I guess, but don't take any unnesessary risks. And most of those that surrender will be civvies and grunts anyway, so I don't suspect many of them will be useful. Either way, if you do, collect them somewhere safe away from the fighting and the Lars."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #532 on: January 17, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

Renen talks with Maurice

Hey maurice. Will this guy be alive after all that? So I will continue cheking the rest of the buildings on this side.

Go to the area in the C-15 building in bullet time. Kill all the sods, starting with the one with Rocket Launcher.

(I presume there are still sods there, right?)
C-15 appears to have been a barracks of sorts, but it's empty now. The human contents of it appear to be just outside it, in more pieces then they started in. Hm.

Lars nodded at his work.  "Amen.  Praise to the Soldier's Pantheon." He checked his comms to make sure he was transmitting to all team members.  "General Miyamoto, the building is clear.  Orders?"

"Just... Move to the next building. Maybe tone down the indiscriminate killing, if that fits in your schedule. Maybe stop burning buildings full of stuff we could salvage, if that's alright?

Finally, USE SOME GODDAMN COMMON SENSE YA MANIAC. Seriously, did you have to kill ALL of them? What, you jealous of my killcount? Cause civvies don't count, you know."

Use manip to suck away oxygen from the area around hospital and/or cool down the burning parts. Try to make it not be on fire anymore, but don't use all of my mindpoints.

Ask steve why they would weld shut their suits like that, and what he thinks the heat signatures inside the suit could be.

You put out the fires, but the wide area of effect makes your head hurt a bit.

>It's possible they've been automated. Or that there are human brains in there, kept alive and using the suit as their body. That happens sometimes; older soldiers being kept alive in battle suits or even armored vehicles in order to extend their life and usefulness. Be careful if you're gonna mess with them, they might activate. Even unarmed battle suits aren't push overs.

((Oh no, Lars is a murderer now as well. And the hospital is set on fire. NOOOOOOO! ))
Yes, he should be fine. Let's finish the sweep.
((Also, the C-15 building should be clear. Probably. As well as C-16, C-17 and C-5.
Maurice heatsliced those buildings together with enemy soldiers a few turns ago with an MFM.))

Let's see... I think I saw Gilgamesh heading for C-9, and I trust you've cleared buildings up there, so we still have C-12, C-4 and that building behind C-9 to clear before moving on. C-15 through C-17 and C-5 should have been cleared... unless someone was hiding prone or something. Hmmm. Worth a quick check.
Bartholomew, I suggest we continue the sweep together, between your suit's flight capability and our combined firepower. Say, we're visiting C-12 next. Oh, and I think that you'd have better time flying rather than walking. Hmmm.

Get to C-12, preferably as cargo.
See if I can make a small program to automate exosuit walking without requiring user physical effort.
Also, what is the condition of those buildings I heatsliced earlier?

Wait. Is that the hospital burning over there? What happened?
C-12? Well if you want to go there as cargo someone's gonna have to carry you. Lets see if anyone does.

[1+1] Apparently you can not.

Technical term is "Fucked up". You "Fucked up" those buildings very well. They are 100% "Fucked up".

Okay, messer.
Carry Nikitian to C12 by flying.
Ah there we go. Lets see...

We'll assume you both land on the roof again. This one is more of a tin shed then a proper building; large but clearly not made to be inhabited.

Apply cutting torch to entrance hatch.
In light of what steve just said, I'll hold this action for a moment.

Go clear A-12.  Try not to shoot non-hostiles this time (but deliver swift laser-based justice on those who oppose.)
A-12 is the hospital! It's cleared! How much more dead do you want to make those people!

Private comm to Miya:

The only ones Lars left alive are all already passed out and clearly not going anywhere. Gonna bind the coma patient? We can, if you want.

((I was going to try and intimidate them out, but why not robocop them into submission instead?))

Get in through the wall closest to them and say the following as I walk towards them. All in the most intimidating manner possible, of course.
"Come quietly or there will be... trouble!"
If they have anything Anti-Tank they could use in enclosed spaces or if they have guns and start running away, then I microwave them immediately.
If they don't have guns or if they drop their guns and surrender, then try to grab one of them for interrogation. Preferably someone that looks important.
If they have guns, don't drop them but don't shoot them either, then I guess they want to negotiate so I wait for them to speak while preparing to fire in case negotiations don't pan out.
EDIT:Note that non-lethal is maximum dispersion minimum power setting.

You smash your way in though the wall and start shouting your intimidation but the half dozen men in the building, least the half dozen you can readily see, all behave very strangely. They don't run, they don't shoot, they just charge you. They start running around the suit, running behind it or climbing it. You recognize the tactic from The Assault on Hephaestus; the same tactics the Sods used up close. 

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 17, 2015, 02:52:37 pm »

((Woops, mistyped building number. Sorry toaster/icefire))

"Lars, A-9 is up next, then A-10.

Mesk, don't touch those suits until we know what's in them, or we might be 'making enemies' here.
Maybe you should interrogate one of these people here, see what's inside the suit. Don't kill them though, if you'd please. Worst comes to worst, I heatslice whatever is in there and we take them back to the sword for retrofitting.

Maurice, I saved the hospital for you. There better be some worthwhile stuff in there, or I'm having a headache for nothing.

Ask Steve what would happen if I heatslice the inside of the battlesuit cockpit. Would it kill the 'pilot' reliably, and would the suit be usable afterwards? And if we bring it back to the sword, would our technicians be able to retrofit it and make it a normal battlesuit again?

Finally, ask him if he has been able to identify any building that looks like it would hold something of value/importance, but that we haven't checked yet.

Lyra action: contemplate how lucky we are to live in a time where catpeople are a thing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:25:41 am by Radio Controlled »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 17, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »

"Right... sounds good.  Um, sir."
Grab the nearest two living people (not us) and start beating the shit out of one of them.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 17, 2015, 03:52:14 pm »

Well, at the very least surviving patients and staff should be. Maurice smiled to himself. Regardless, I am grateful for that, General.
Also, I might have found and field-tested a way to reduce headaches from field manipulator use, if not outright reinvigorate the mind. It could be described as this: short-term dumbing of the user. The first test was a bit ugly, but I am certain that Mesk or I could carefully calculate the dosage so as to keep the side effects to minimum. I am fairly sure that, uh, 'suit' of yours has the required medical system and chemicals on hand, so no need for promitive means of alcohol, smoking or whatever else.

((Mesk has +2, Maurice has +1, and both of us might be exempt from rolls due to them being trivial. Plus, if we do fail, we'll get to watch drunken Avatar of War rampage. What could possibly go wrong? :P ))
Enter the building in a civil manner. If we landed on roof, there must've been some entrance there for us to choose this approach, no?
Look out for traps, ambushes and signs of foul intentions.

Team Panda, enemy contact yet? Anything out of order?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 17, 2015, 07:14:43 pm »

Quickly stuff all unconscious people into a closet. Memorize the location and lock it shut. Continue moving with Lars, assist him in killing but let him lead the butchery.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:34:42 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #537 on: January 17, 2015, 09:40:10 pm »

Ugh, not again. I hate those things. Unnatural beasts.I'll show 'em.

((Let's go for a classic boss fight move instead of the logical thing...))

"You have the right to remain silent. Let me help you exercise it!"
Punch the ground with my kinetic-amp fists, so that the shrapnel and shockwave will hit the sods and push them back or off me. Then immediately fly off the ground, doing a small spin to help shake them off.

If nobody is on me test high power medium dispersion visible light Raduga on the sods. Else shoot myself with the Raduga in high dispersion with the intent of hitting the ones still on me. If cleaning them up via shooting self is not possible, activate ESDF instead.

If they manage to open my escape hatch, jam my Spektr in it and test it very thoroughly on their face. Or use my monorazor if I can't hit them with the Spektr.

Team Panda, enemy contact yet? Anything out of order?
"Just pest control. Cleaning out some very clingy sods while rescuing civilians."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:42:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 17, 2015, 09:52:42 pm »

Go clear A-10.  Try not to shoot non-hostiles this time (but deliver swift laser-based justice on those who oppose.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 18, 2015, 06:13:29 am »

Follow Maurice. Be ready to fire.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45