Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76428 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #510 on: January 14, 2015, 12:22:33 pm »

Nah, you should be fine as far as mission activity is concerned. I think. And if not, I can probably patch you up that fine. Maurice winked.

To Miyamoto over the comms: General, what do you say about the local hospital medical supplies? Sword has no shortage of those, sure, but our unit in particular might benefit from meditech surplus. Perhaps this is a great opportunity to start a shared unit-wide supplies pool to lessen the reliance (and caused exhaustion) on the armoury stocks.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:45 pm »

Nah, you should be fine as far as mission activity is concerned. I think. And if not, I can probably patch you up that fine. Maurice winked.

To Miyamoto over the comms: General, what do you say about the local hospital medical supplies? Sword has no shortage of those, sure, but our unit in particular might benefit from meditech surplus. Perhaps this is a great opportunity to start a shared unit-wide supplies pool to lessen the reliance (and caused exhaustion) on the armoury stocks.

"My idea was to finish clearing the base, and then take stock of what we can take with us. So basically, you can loot to your heart's content, but not until you eat your vegetab... Erm, until we've cleared this compound. We'll see how to deal with dividing stuff back on ship."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 14, 2015, 01:21:08 pm »

Sounds very reasonable, I feared worse approaches. Just mentioned that idea because I thought that humble things might be overlooked in favor of more offensive equipment, as it often happens. Don't care about looting or dividing either way.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 14, 2015, 01:27:59 pm »

Sounds very reasonable, I feared worse approaches. Just mentioned that idea because I thought that humble things might be overlooked in favor of more offensive equipment, as it often happens. Don't care about looting or dividing either way.

"It's good that you remind me though, I can always forget, especially since I don't really need that stuff myself anymore. I just don't want to give them too much of a chance right now to regroup and counter, and all that stuff isn't going to run of anytime soon."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 14, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »

((Per a suggestion from Lenglon, I have edited my turn slightly.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 14, 2015, 07:20:20 pm »

((Per a suggestion from Lenglon, I have edited my turn slightly.))
((...
uh...
>.>
*shuffles feet*
that... isn't what I meant, but...
<.<
ok, sorry. oops.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 15, 2015, 10:48:19 am »

((Oh, no worries at all, but PW's games are !!FUN!! enough that you never know.  This does seem a little "too easy" here.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #517 on: January 15, 2015, 02:34:17 pm »

I must have used the wrong word. Reminds me of that incident in Mexico.

After making sure there's nobody left in this building, go search the next one, using cameyes to watch out for ambushes. Same as before, if someone tries to use anti-armour, try to subdue them non-lethally with microwaves.

Does that mean c-12 or c-9? Both are about equidistant from you.
Let's say c-9, since there's a higher chance of enemies being there. Get there and scan the building. Don't go in yet.

Say something along the lines of
"You are defeated. Come out slowly, unarmed, with your hands above your head." in the local language, if I can find the words for it (or something similar) in the phrasebook.
Else say it in Galactic English, as usual, and hope they can understand it or at least the tone of voice behind it.

All I can imagine is you rolling up outside the building, suit thudding to a stop and settling down with a hydraulic hiss, before broadcasting this over the speakers.

Yeah well, regardless, no one comes out of the building, though there is movement inside. They appear to be shifting away from the front. Probably because a giant robot is standing out there demanding their surrender in broken native tongues.

Lyra action (she said she'd be gone for a while): chill out on top of the robot.[/b]
((Not gone yet, probably will be at the end of the week or so.))

Clamber up on top of Mr. Giant Deathbot and sit on his shoulder, facing backwards. Watch for threats and wait for orders or follow-up.

((However, your posted action for me was pretty on the mark...))
Pirates had parrots, ARM has cats.

I think we can all agree ARM is superior.

"Oh um... sure, ok.  I can do that."
Get Jim's body somewhere secure and then find Miya and the Battlesuits (have you heard my new band, Miya and the Battlesuits?).  Try and figure out the internal workings before opening them for aux dynamic bonus.
You carefully stash Jim's body in an inconspicuous place and then head back to the base. You head into the hanger and immediately notice something  about the battlesuits: their entrance hatches have been sealed shut, theres no easy way to open them, not without disassembling the front facing armor sections a fair degree.

Alright, good enough for me. Just checking. I have more trust in the gnomes then my own memory most of the time.
((Swell, thanks.))

Channel to Mesk:
"It seems we have three battlesuits we might be able to commandeer, if we can crack  these turkeys open. Mesk, do you think you know how to manage that? There should be an emergency release hatch on the underside to open them up. Ask Flint if you can't find it, heh, he knows. Steve might be able to help you if you run into any software locks once inside."

Think about whether there should have been many more dudes to fight us, given the size of the base. Ask Steve about his opinion if I can't come up with a sensible answer. Also ask the captured dude(ttes) if there are more of them (or if there are more vehicles) in the base, and if yes, where. Let Steve translate for me if needed.

Lyra action (she said she'd be gone for a while): chill out on top of the robot.

You think about it. This number seems a bit small, but considering there are probably still hold outs and non-coms around the base, it's probably fine.

As per interogating the techs, well, once they hear your wording about "anyone left" they start freaking out a bit and refusing to respond, probably assuming that "anyone left" means the rest are dead.

Let's see... Maurice smiled to Bartholomew Frankly, you are a little bit botched up, but nothing medicine can't deal with, and it seems it can wait for now - until we finish this mission and get back to the Sword. What's this, a cafeteria, huh?

Charge up Uncon! Stay alert.
Also, clarification: 1)Is there anything immediately life-threatening with Bartholomew's injuries?
2)Is he in any way impaired/disabled because of the injury, and is that treatable in the field (with the use of the local UWM hospital equipment/resources, if needed)?

((By the way, are those battlesuits to be transferred to Steve, or do they go to Mission pool? Battlesuit-battalion coming sense I.))
1)nah, he's shot up but nothing in the heart or lungs or other immediately needed organs. The gutshot will be troublesome if you're out here for more then a few hours, but other then that.

2) The suit should keep him on a strong enough drip of pain killers and provide enough support via the exoskeleton to let him walk around, though damage to his leg might limit movement somewhat.  Unfortunately you can't really fix blown out muscle here, with these supplies. At least not in a timely manner.

This line up wit your idea of clearing Lars? Dis what we doing here?

Sure.  Fug em up.

Are there giant bombs waiting to go off hidden in the floor underneath us?

Fug em up.
[LARS ROLL:5]

Lars grabs...Daineal? Dain-eal? Dai-neal? Icyhot by the collar and drags him into the hospital, screaming the whole way.

"YOU ARE THE YOUNG PRIEST AND I AM THE OLD PRIEST AND TOGETHER WE ARE HERE TO EXORCISE OUR RIGHT TO PURGE THIS WORLD OF THE UNCLEAN AND THE UNSAVED! IT IS OUR RIGHT, NAY OUR DUTY, NAY OUR PRIVILEGE TO SEEK OUT THE ENEMIES OF THE ONE TRUE FAITH AND TO DELIVER THEM SALVATION ON THE END OF A RIFLE! THOSE WHO SURRENDER AND CONVERT WILL BE SAVED IN THIS LIFE, THOSE WHO FIGHT OR FLEE WILL BE SAVED IN THE NEXT! FIRE WITH IMPUNITY MY YOUNG FRIEND; LET THE GODS SORT THEM OUT AND SEW THEM BACK TOGETHER!

Lars storms through the hospital, firing his prototype laser rifle from the hip at basically anyone he sees. The only ones who escape his wrath are those unconscious in their beds.   He cuts the marks of the gods into their bodies and wheels them out onto the grass outside, still screaming curses and praise all at once. It takes about 10 minutes, but he clears the hospital with the now very frightened icyhot in tow. Once he's satisfied that it is clear, he upends a few bottles of disinfectant alcohol and lights the building on fire.

"Another job well done."

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 15, 2015, 02:44:44 pm »

Renen talks with Maurice

Hey maurice. Will this guy be alive after all that? So I will continue cheking the rest of the buildings on this side.

Go to the area in the C-15 building in bullet time. Kill all the sods, starting with the one with Rocket Launcher.

(I presume there are still sods there, right?)
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 15, 2015, 02:45:49 pm »

((The irony is I considered the action of "Use the laser to fire a long, slow sweep at knee height across the whole building to knock it down."  Any structural engineers around to tell me the actual likely effect of doing something like that?

Considering this is a upgraded cutting laser, I'm guessing carving the marks of the gods into bodies is done all the way through.  I mean, sure, the intensity can be turned down, but where's the fun of that?))

Lars nodded at his work.  "Amen.  Praise to the Soldier's Pantheon." He checked his comms to make sure he was transmitting to all team members.  "General Miyamoto, the building is clear.  Orders?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 15, 2015, 02:55:14 pm »

Lars nodded at his work.  "Amen.  Praise to the Soldier's Pantheon." He checked his comms to make sure he was transmitting to all team members.  "General Miyamoto, the building is clear.  Orders?"

"Just... Move to the next building. Maybe tone down the indiscriminate killing, if that fits in your schedule. Maybe stop burning buildings full of stuff we could salvage, if that's alright?

Finally, USE SOME GODDAMN COMMON SENSE YA MANIAC. Seriously, did you have to kill ALL of them? What, you jealous of my killcount? Cause civvies don't count, you know."

Use manip to suck away oxygen from the area around hospital and/or cool down the burning parts. Try to make it not be on fire anymore, but don't use all of my mindpoints.

Ask steve why they would weld shut their suits like that, and what he thinks the heat signatures inside the suit could be.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:04:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 15, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »

((Oh no, Lars is a murderer now as well. And the hospital is set on fire. NOOOOOOO! ))
Yes, he should be fine. Let's finish the sweep.
((Also, the C-15 building should be clear. Probably. As well as C-16, C-17 and C-5.
Maurice heatsliced those buildings together with enemy soldiers a few turns ago with an MFM.))

Let's see... I think I saw Gilgamesh heading for C-9, and I trust you've cleared buildings up there, so we still have C-12, C-4 and that building behind C-9 to clear before moving on. C-15 through C-17 and C-5 should have been cleared... unless someone was hiding prone or something. Hmmm. Worth a quick check.
Bartholomew, I suggest we continue the sweep together, between your suit's flight capability and our combined firepower. Say, we're visiting C-12 next. Oh, and I think that you'd have better time flying rather than walking. Hmmm.

Get to C-12, preferably as cargo.
See if I can make a small program to automate exosuit walking without requiring user physical effort.
Also, what is the condition of those buildings I heatsliced earlier?

Wait. Is that the hospital burning over there? What happened?
Past Sigs

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 15, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »

Okay, messer.
Carry Nikitian to C12 by flying.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 15, 2015, 07:07:26 pm »

Lars scratched his head.  "Errr... sorry, sir, but the spirit of the gods filled me.  Surely they would have risen against us at some point; otherwise the hand of Vengeance would not have guided me.  Which building is next?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 15, 2015, 08:09:41 pm »

Okay, messer.
Carry Nikitian Maurice to C12 by flying.
((fixed))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45