Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76391 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2014, 08:58:24 pm »

"Dammit team panda, do you need a written invitation? Get your sorry asses over here!

Team koala, secure A-12 for now, shoot targets of opportunity otherwise. Don't venture too far alone, stat near your team."

Go around A-12 to the main road, look around with cameyes and take stock.

Charge dynamic con bonus.

Tell Steve not to bombard anymore unless he can do so in a way we wouldn't be affected.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:06:17 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »

((I wish I'd remembered to have Lyra research the MKIII pre-mission, so she'd know to turn on hover/buzz mode. as things are I'm not fond of making unnecessary aux rolls.))
Catch up with Miya! continue to focus on defending teammates from incoming fire if necessary. If I notice an enemy that is particularly dangerous then I'll use my microwave amp to sear a fist-sized spot inside their chest. Ignore unarmed/low threat enemies unless they become an immediate threat to me.
((not going for the brain because heart+lungs+etc is a larger target and I'm likely to be doing my attack from a long distance.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #377 on: December 12, 2014, 10:43:29 pm »

Renen can just Flash his way there, Jim can use a coconut tree to catapult himself there and Illgeo can fly once he's ready, carrying Jim if he wants to. Can I just assume I am there so that Mesk is not left to fend for himself?

If I'm not there, fly there.

If I'm there, then try to approach the buildings the soldiers are exiting from (preferably from an angle that allows my new paint job to look cool), set speakers to full and address the soldiers while pointing away from the base with one of my two cannons. Keep repeating the following translated to the native language using the few words I learned from the phrasebook, trying to sound intimidating: "You surrender. You retreat. Or we make you."

((I had actually planned a little speech here, but then I realized they would not be able to understand it. I guess we'll just have to dub it when we make the propaganda clips.))

If at any point they take hostile action  or if they disobey, then fire a wide dispersion low intensity microwave beam at them with the intent of immobilising them through pain. Not for too long though, I don't want to fry their brains or cause their heads to explode. I'll give more permanent ways of dealing with them next post.

If they comply, keep an eye on them with cam-eyes to make sure they don't do anything stupid. Point at someone important-looking in the crowd (or failing that, someone at random) and say "No you. You stay. I questions."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:54:49 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 12, 2014, 11:31:51 pm »

"Hmm... probably an evil dentistry ring.  Yeah... definitely implanting government mind-control implants in the teeth of innocent civilians."
Continue to level every building I see.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 13, 2014, 12:58:20 am »

If you don't care, then why didn't you respond when I asked you if you wanted command of your team?

(Probably because I didn't see it. I was bored of waiting and stopped checking all that often.)

Furthermore, why sign up for the mission anyways?

(Figured I could get Jim permakilled more easily on a mission than on ship, and since Diplomacy wasn't that popular a choice I thought I'd let the people who wanted to do the Eater of Cold mission (for reasons other than getting killed off) get to. Don't worry. I'll try not to take anyone down with me when Jim eats it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 13, 2014, 09:29:55 am »

Follow the MiyaCharge A17(flying). Shoot enemies as needed.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:23:08 am by Illgeo »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

Permission to employ field manipulator, Commander?
((@RC Also, 'secure A-12'? As in 'blow it the hell up' in accordance to the mission objectives or more commonplace 'enter, eliminate all resistance and capture for ourselves'? Asking OOC because Maurice would've probably have the understanding I'm currently lacking.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 13, 2014, 12:08:16 pm »

Permission to employ field manipulator, Commander?
((@RC Also, 'secure A-12'? As in 'blow it the hell up' in accordance to the mission objectives or more commonplace 'enter, eliminate all resistance and capture for ourselves'? Asking OOC because Maurice would've probably have the understanding I'm currently lacking.))

"Granted, but be careful, don't overdo it."

((You can destroy it, just watch out for friendly fire. Could try to just clear it out, but that'll take time. Probably bet not to dawdle right now, so yeah, you can level it.

Wen Miya says 'secure' it mostl means 'make sure it won't pose a problem anymore'. Which, in this case, comes down to destroying it.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 13, 2014, 12:56:37 pm »

Lars enjoyed this, and shouted a prayer of encouragement over the team comms.  "Come, Kal-rath!  Come join us in this glorious struggle, that we may together bathe in the blood of our foes!  Ingram and Vo-Nos, we seek to please you!  All forward, for the glory of Steve!"

Carve a hole in the building with the Raduga.  Engage hostiles; ignore civilians.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 13, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »

Maurice saluted Brother Lars, as he entered the building in a suitably fashionable way, and then crouched on the roof.
I'll cover the flanks while the rest of the team catches up. Just inform me if you decide to raze the building, after all. Maurice grinned.
Crouch to present lower profile.

If Team Panda is lagging behind (most importantly Flint/Gilgamesh):
Look closer at the people leaving the buildings (use the standard suit camera to zoom in, if needed): are those sods, are they armed at all, or do they appear to be civilians? Unless unarmed civilians, demolish with my MFM the key walls of C-4&C-5 buildings, so that the presumed barracks would collapse on enemy troops pouring out. Use a few football-sized spheres placed tactically to achieve that outcome, don't use more power than necessary and utilize the Uncon bonus from before.

If Team Panda is actually already out there (Flint/Gilgamesh covers the northern threat):
Find a nice vantage point on the north-eastern edge of the roof (ready to jump down if the team decides to raze A-12 building) and look out for further enemy reinforcements.
If an enemy battlesuit appears, pop the pilot with a football-sized a few hundred degrees Celsius-hot fire sphere centered in the middle of the cockpit.

((Edited because of re-reading the info on those people.))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:01:21 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2014, 12:13:36 am »

Scan people coming from the buildings, look for any weaponry. Kill anything with rifle that has weaponry. Above all, stay within Miya's vicinity so I don't die.

(By vicinity I mean same general region. Like if he heads off to A-11 I follow)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2014, 08:11:19 am »

((Ok, so, question: since SC is unwilling to fill his commander role, is there anyone on team panda willing to step up? Because I'd like to ensure there is someone (who isn't me) to keep an eye on where everyone is in that team and keep coherency (aka take some micromanaging off me).))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2014, 08:14:46 am »

((Where exactly am I right now?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2014, 08:15:46 am »

((Where exactly am I right now?))

((Still at the starting position, where the shuttle landed. Not at the base yet.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2014, 12:37:59 pm »

((Ok, so, question: since SC is unwilling to fill his commander role, is there anyone on team panda willing to step up? Because I'd like to ensure there is someone (who isn't me) to keep an eye on where everyone is in that team and keep coherency (aka take some micromanaging off me).))

((Sometimes I wish I wasn't stuck on Heph, so that I could join missions and take advantage of opportunities like this.  Then again, I'm pretty sure general missions would be too slow for me the majority of the time.

Still, I'm surprised nobody volunteered.  I'd do so in a heartbeat.))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45