Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76280 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2014, 09:22:01 am »

Brother Lars continued his prayers, this time praying over his rifle.

Raduga should be set to UV (ie standard.)  Charge a prayer bonus for Conventional.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 20, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »

awaiting map and mission planning
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #317 on: November 21, 2014, 02:46:48 pm »

Gonna be a short break here as I get things ready.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2014, 12:55:28 pm »

"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2014, 01:47:06 pm »

alright so we're basically gonna steal a map for our purposes.

You guys are coming in from the south, ie lower left corner, and the strike is gonna hit building a-11.

I'm dropping you a mile or so out, with some small hills and foliage between you and the cleared area of the base. You let me know when to strike.

Assume I just dumped you out of the ship in a small clearing. Around you are fairly small trees and dense green grass. The sun is a few hours from setting and out in the direction of the base you can see the ground rise into a gentle hill.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2014, 02:02:11 pm »

((Do we need to clear all buildings or just A-11?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »

((will need some time before I can sit down to plan as it should, but if any of you have preliminary ideas, go ahead.

Sorry for the wall 'o text pw.))

pw, the buildings around a-11, are those residential homes or is this whole thing the base? If they are part of the base, any building you can identify, such as barracks or garage?

Also, what kind of scale are we looking at here (eg how long is building a-11?).

How close should we be able to get before we can be reasonably sure they'd spot us?

Could we get into 'medium' range before being noticed?

Can the Sword reliably hit the targets at night, or should we move now? And how accurate are those guns anyway?

Finally, are the white areas roads, and the dotted surface grass?

((Also, might I ask where you found that map?))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:08:33 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #322 on: November 25, 2014, 06:09:43 pm »

Use that dynamic bonus to launch that automapping drone and have it scout the outskirts of the enemy base in a way it won't be spotted, unless someone objects.

((I might not be able to post for a couple of days. If you really need me to do something, just order me to do so.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2014, 06:14:37 pm »

Use that dynamic bonus to launch that automapping drone and have it scout the outskirts of the enemy base in a way it won't be spotted, unless someone objects.

((I might not be able to post for a couple of days. If you really need me to do something, just order me to do so.))

((I kinda would object to it, because there's a (admittedly small) chance they'd spot it and it would blow our cover. On the other hand, more info would indeed be good to have. Perhaps wait until we have a general plan before committing the action? That way we won't be caught off-guard.))

@ pw: I'd like to 'officially' object the action, at least until paris can respond to it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:00:03 pm by Radio Controlled »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 25, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »

(What are the dotted regions on the map?)

Make sure rifle is functioning. Attempt to ponder possible stealth ways into the area.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2014, 12:20:42 am »

"Standing by.  Should we wait for nightfall or strike as soon as possible?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »

"Standing by.  Should we wait for nightfall or strike as soon as possible?"

"We need to absolutely ensure they can't contact anyone, so we'll probably move in immediately after getting into position. The longer we wait, the more chance we are found out, or for them to make a move."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2014, 05:31:38 pm »

I stare at the map for a while, then message Steve about something important that I don't see.
Quote from: Lyra to Steve, cc Diplo team
Motor Pool?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2014, 12:01:19 am »

Pray for the success of the mission and the safety of all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2014, 02:48:47 pm »

((Do we need to clear all buildings or just A-11?))
You need to reduce things to non-existence. Preferably with a lot of explosions and one liners.

((will need some time before I can sit down to plan as it should, but if any of you have preliminary ideas, go ahead.

Sorry for the wall 'o text pw.))

pw, the buildings around a-11, are those residential homes or is this whole thing the base? If they are part of the base, any building you can identify, such as barracks or garage?

Also, what kind of scale are we looking at here (eg how long is building a-11?).

How close should we be able to get before we can be reasonably sure they'd spot us?

Could we get into 'medium' range before being noticed?

Can the Sword reliably hit the targets at night, or should we move now? And how accurate are those guns anyway?

Finally, are the white areas roads, and the dotted surface grass?

((Also, might I ask where you found that map?))
It's all part of the base. We can't for sure identify anything, but it looks like A 16-18 might be barracks, while 12 is probably admin.

There's no scale on the original map, so we'll assume that the building is...oh, 20-25 meters long?

Depends on the time you go, who is around and who goes in and at what speed. You and your giant synth ass will be spotted from a mile off, lumbering around.  But human sized people crawling in under cover of darkness might be able to go anywhere without being noticed, if they're good.

See above

It can reasonably hit pretty precise targets at any time.

Yes, white is road, dotted is ground, of one kind or another.
(What are the dotted regions on the map?)

Make sure rifle is functioning. Attempt to ponder possible stealth ways into the area.
Grass, dirt, concrete, etc. Non-road areas.

Stealth is for pansies. If you want to be a pansy, the best possible way is probably going to involve darkness and distractions.

I stare at the map for a while, then message Steve about something important that I don't see.
Quote from: Lyra to Steve, cc Diplo team
Motor Pool?
Probably Somewhere over there in d-1 through 7

Pray for the success of the mission and the safety of all.
Reply hazy, try again.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45