Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76244 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #300 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:10 pm »

LISTENING
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 17, 2014, 08:46:20 pm »

Enjoy being a sexual tyrannosaurus. Prepare for landing (whenever it is).
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 17, 2014, 09:29:04 pm »

Lars bows his head, spreading his arms wide in the air.  "We thank you, O Glorious Steve, for the opportunity to serve you this day.  May we serve you well in the task you set before us.  May Ingram guide our shots into the beating hearts of our enemies.  May we move with the speed of Vo-Nos and think with the clarity of Cog-Azaon!  We beseech thee, Algis, for your protection today from the attacks of our foes.  As always, we ask that we ever be in the favor of Pathmas.  Amen."

Say a benediction for the mission team.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2014, 01:51:56 am »

Quiet serenity filled Maurice as he waited for the landing, listening to Brother Lars's benediction and brooding over some deep thoughts. And then
with the speed of Vo-Nos
VonNost.

...Of course, they knew him. Just how old is the Pantheon?
With a shudder transitioning into indifferent shrug, Maurice was suddenly snatched from his meditation and into reality.
Good. A little adrenaline will help.

Check out local customs and religious beliefs for taking a sack of heads. How long would those heads remain revivable/viable given local conditions anyway?
Also, just in case, check how many brains would fit into that portable cooler I have with me.

Would becoming that boogeyman benefit our cause, or interfere with it, Steve?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:22 am »

"You want one of my heads?  Oh wait, no.  Never mind."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:35 pm »

"May the sense guide us to victory."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2014, 05:53:47 pm »

"Thanks benevolent overlord. I'll hang 'em high."

Ready to drop. First order of business is to survey the surrounding area with cameyes to make sure that there is nothing dangerous around. Second order of business is to get my automapping drone out and prepare to use it to scout the target area.

"I reckon I'll send little Kinglet here to take a look at their base, if there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe give Roboboy and the rest of our wizards something to play with. If we're lucky, we can take out all of their patrols before their screams for help reach someone important."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2014, 02:53:40 pm »

>I can get you a satellite map of the base, but I have no idea what the interior is like.  I only know where the coms are because of the the big stupid dish on the roof and the UWM's unfortunate habit of putting the FTL and Normal coms in the same room. I mean, don't stick it underground in 10 feet of lead and concrete since the connection doesn't require normal signals, noooo, put it right out...I'm digressing.

"You're right, that really is stupid. Almost as if we're fighting an overly confident and bloated institution, heh.

But yes, a satellite map of the base and the surrounding area would be rather convenient. Could you perhaps check with our new friends in high places whether they know anything about it? Even stuff like side entrances could be useful. Oh, and quick check, do bases like that usually have their own power supply, or do they run of the general net?

Secondly, could you tell me when exactly you will fire at their comms? Did you do it already just to be sure, or will you wait till we're in position? Oh, and would you be willing to shoot at them some more if needed? Could prove useful for a first strike. How accurate are your laser batteries anyway?"

TALKING
Satellite map will be done...sometime soon.  They don't know anything specifically. Entrances? Make your own. Explosively.  They're gonna have connections to the general power grid and their own power, as backup.

I'll fire at the comms when you're ready to go. And yes, secondary strikes can be done.

Right now I've got ships moving as though we're leaving. And I'll use a laser to hit the comm array. We should be good.

Quiet serenity filled Maurice as he waited for the landing, listening to Brother Lars's benediction and brooding over some deep thoughts. And then
with the speed of Vo-Nos
VonNost.

...Of course, they knew him. Just how old is the Pantheon?
With a shudder transitioning into indifferent shrug, Maurice was suddenly snatched from his meditation and into reality.
Good. A little adrenaline will help.

Check out local customs and religious beliefs for taking a sack of heads. How long would those heads remain revivable/viable given local conditions anyway?
Also, just in case, check how many brains would fit into that portable cooler I have with me.

Would becoming that boogeyman benefit our cause, or interfere with it, Steve?
Bogymen are fine, as long as we're not ALL bogymen.

You could fit 2. 3 off you feel like cutting the skulls apart a bit to really cram'em in.

Really, there aren't a lot of societies where gathering severed heads is looked on as normal and ok, are there?

"Thanks benevolent overlord. I'll hang 'em high."

Ready to drop. First order of business is to survey the surrounding area with cameyes to make sure that there is nothing dangerous around. Second order of business is to get my automapping drone out and prepare to use it to scout the target area.

"I reckon I'll send little Kinglet here to take a look at their base, if there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe give Roboboy and the rest of our wizards something to play with. If we're lucky, we can take out all of their patrols before their screams for help reach someone important."

Let me get a map made and finalize some things, and we can go.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 19, 2014, 03:02:39 pm »

Let me get a map made and finalize some things, and we can go.

Take your time, we can wait. Gonna need a bit of time to plan once we have the map though.

Also,

Entrances? Make your own. Explosively.

You don't get it, I don't need a way to get in. I need to know where they could get out.

Since we have the element of surprise and first strike capability, knowing where they are likely to deploy from might help. Though that'll also depend on the layout of the surrounding area of course. And it's also always good to keep an eye on your enemy's escape routes.

Once we have landed, check surroundings (especially the base) with cameyes. Do try to stay somewhat hidden though, behind a building or something. Then, try to gauge how long it would take to reach the base itself for me or a person in a Mk.III. Finally, how far is the base from where we land in meters?

By the way, it could be handy to add some sort of scale to the map, if we get one, to get an idea of its dimensions.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 07:25:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #309 on: November 19, 2014, 06:31:46 pm »

"Hey, do you think maybe I could launch that first strike? Would there be any advantage in doing that? Would that even be possible? I mean, can the Red Plasma beam penetrate any sort of armour the QEC thingy may have? Could I hit it from the outside? Or one of the rest of the guys here, could one of them hit it?"

Ask Steve.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 19, 2014, 07:16:52 pm »

Ponder aloud, "I feel like this is too simple. We devastate their comms and then mop up the leftovers. Something feels strange."
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2014, 10:02:46 pm »

Well, there are certain warrior societies where heads are taken as military trophies... Guess this one is not one of those.
So, and if kept outside the cooler, how long would the brains remain viable?

Ponder aloud, "I feel like this is too simple. We devastate their comms and then mop up the leftovers. Something feels strange."
Focusing on his inner voice, Maurice closed his eyes for a moment. Then he opened them and smiled as usual.
Yeah, I think in that metal box we'll find quite more than we bargained for. Perhaps a man-made monstrosity... or a plague of a sort. Huh. Things are going to be interesting.
Think about the UWM base. What nasty surprises should it have housed, from a rational point of view? What would they keep as a means of last-ditch effort, or a weapon of last resort?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2014, 12:45:48 am »

(You're not going to need a map. :P)

The Dam Incident, Take 2. Only on purpose this time. Leave nothing of that building standing as soon as the word is given.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:09:09 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 20, 2014, 03:03:45 am »

((WELP. Peace through superior firepower it is.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2014, 05:56:56 am »

Well, there are certain warrior societies where heads are taken as military trophies... Guess this one is not one of those.
So, and if kept outside the cooler, how long would the brains remain viable?

Focusing on his inner voice, Maurice closed his eyes for a moment. Then he opened them and smiled as usual.
Yeah, I think in that metal box we'll find quite more than we bargained for. Perhaps a man-made monstrosity... or a plague of a sort. Huh. Things are going to be interesting.
Think about the UWM base. What nasty surprises should it have housed, from a rational point of view? What would they keep as a means of last-ditch effort, or a weapon of last resort?

"I agree that I doubt it'll be as easy as it seems, so we need to go about this carefully. Or at least, make sure we act deliberately and with some coordination."

(You're not going to need a map. :P)

The Dam Incident, Take 2. Only on purpose this time. Leave nothing of that building standing as soon as the word is given.

((Oh c'mon man, don't do that. There are just too many ways that this can go wrong. Or at least be more clear for pw what you are trying to do? The way I see it, 'the dam incident' means you are overloading your amp. Which is inside your head. So, as far as I'm aware, you're suicide bombing the team.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 07:24:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45