Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76272 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »

Over an internal channel:
"I'm ready to go whenever you need me to."
Continue charging dynamic bonus.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2014, 01:36:48 am »

Approach one of the idle guards but stay out of arm's reach so that I won't look threatening. Speak.

"Hello. May I speak with you? Ask you a few questions about this place? I wish to learn more about this world."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:45:42 am by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2014, 02:14:03 am »

EDIT:Wait patiently, and do exactly nothing. Nothing to do is good for other people when you are a medic, after all!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:58:27 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2014, 07:19:25 am »

With my faceplate down, and no visible action to outside observer, see if it is possible to make simple paintings with the suit interface. Make a simple, black-and-white, scetch of Doctor VonNost as I remember him from the Ghostship memories.

If ever, at any moment, I feel any sort of mind-reader presence, or hacking attempt, scrap the picture and wipe my thoughts.

((Mostly unnecessary precaution, but better safe...))

(([Aux:6]  You access the suit's drawing interface and make a wonderful picture, which you accidentally transmit to all other teammates.  Lars, upon seeing VonNost appear in his visor, begins a PTSD flashback.  While he is test-firing his weapon.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2014, 07:25:49 am »

((Why, that would certainly make a spectacular weapon performance! As long as he keeps the weapon trained at the range.
And it would certainly prove the point I am trying to discern. :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2014, 09:32:30 am »

((Why, that would certainly make a spectacular weapon performance! As long as he keeps the weapon trained at the range.
((Is there any reason to do it on mission though? Where do gain immediate benefit from this?))

Tell Adviser to make his people clear the area,make sure our people wait with shooting until coast is clear of potential friendly fire.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:34:23 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2014, 11:03:10 am »

((Immediately harmless to the mission (like 99.5% by my estimate), useful in the long run, making use of otherwise wasted time. But oh well, you are absolutely right.))
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2014, 06:16:03 pm »

((Immediately harmless to the mission (like 99.5% by my estimate), useful in the long run, making use of otherwise wasted time. But oh well, you are absolutely right.))

((Yeah, sorry, just trying to avoid random crap happening if it can be prevented (even if the chance of it is indeed low). But I'm sure we'll get to the parts with the bleeding and the screaming soon enough!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2014, 01:18:51 pm »

((Is there any reason to do it on mission though? Where do gain immediate benefit from this?))

Tell Adviser to make his people clear the area,make sure our people wait with shooting until coast is clear of potential friendly fire.
The adviser gestures at the guards using the range and they disperse.

Approach one of the idle guards but stay out of arm's reach so that I won't look threatening. Speak.

"Hello. May I speak with you? Ask you a few questions about this place? I wish to learn more about this world."
The guard looks confused.
"Sorry. No understand" he says with a rather heavy accent.

Fire a test shot from each firing mode, allowing the different modes to be explained.  Take care between shots and don't go overboard.  Don't show off overcharge mode unless firing X-ray mode.

Hope I got a con bonus.

You spend several minutes showing off the prototype laser, demonstrating it with salesman like flair. You make sure to show off all the modes and explain their differences, though the actual effects on the targets are more are less the same.  Over all, you think you did Anton proud.

The Adviser seems mildly impressed, but it seems his interest lies in the more...esoteric devices.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2014, 01:26:59 pm »

Over squad channel:
"Mesk, you're next. Renen, you're up after that.

Flint, we'll let you move last, to show him the really heavy firepower.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »

Lars spoke to the Overseer.  "Yes, of course.  Let us show you one of the alien artifacts we have recovered and reproduced, as well as the greatly enhanced abilities of one of our soldiers."

Lars switched back to the squad radio.  "May Ingram guide your hand, Brother Mesk.  Brother Renen, move with the swiftness of Vo-Nos."

Let the others do their thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »

Still do nothing! Oh, and get hold of a support of some kind, or hold on to someone. I might need it.
Past Sigs

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2014, 09:55:41 pm »

Waiting
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2014, 11:43:59 pm »

"Stand back, ladies and gentlemen.  Hope there's nothing delicate behind that target."
Show off the Pyramid of Power.

(I think this might be the first time I've actually fired this thing.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2014, 09:34:18 am »

"Oh, I am sorry. I just wanted to learn a bit more about this place."
Apologize and then move away from the guard.

I guess I could use that phrasebook, but that would make for one of the slowest conversations ever... Not really helpful, considering we're probably not going to be with them for long. Still... that's strange.

Ask Steve (privately): "These guys seem to be treating us very... openly. I mean, the guards don't even know our language, they don't have heavy firepower, the advisor is following us around while we're showing them all our lethal death tubes... What if we were plotting to kill them or hold their king hostage or something? I see almost no suspicion from them. Not that I'm complaining, it's just... is that normal?"

Maybe there's something wrong here? Why would they be so trusting? They don't know much about us, they have no reason to trust us. Unless those propaganda vids I helped Lars make were THAT good.
Well, I can't do or say anything without evidence anyway, so I might as well keep doing what I was doing.

Start getting a dynamic bonus for demonstrating the weapon.
Demonstrate it if it is time to do so.
If I cannot use that spoiler, I'm fine with that, just use a roll. I would just like to make extra certain that I do not demonstrate Indigo, Orange and Blue mode, just explain their effects. And that everyone is at a safe distance, since the weapon does produce quite a bit of heat and destruction.

Spoiler: Demonstration (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:39:46 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45