Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76319 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2014, 11:01:11 am »

((A quick glance at the wiki says we have several.  Mesk has the original HEP pyramid permanently attached to his hand, so that's one there.  Maurice has the Evil Knife and the Pandora's Bag, though opening it now probably isn't the best idea.  "Yeah, we found this bag, no idea what's in it, hey, let's find out!"))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2014, 11:24:14 am »

Over suit comms: I have the Dissector knife - and I believe I can wield it more or less reliably, without falling to its influence and carving up bystanders - and an alien blade-star, still mostly untested, though apparently harmless.
((Nope, the Bag is back on Sword. Couldn't risk jeopardising the mission with its presence, especially with our hosts' flesh-research affinity.
Also, by this rate the fleshknitter might bear a mention, if a passing one, among other prototypes.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:28:19 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2014, 11:32:44 am »

((You can demonstrate them in combination.
"Here, let me show you another magic trick. My lovely assistant Lars will hold out his hand and abracadabra, now you can see a cross section of his hand with no bleeding. But wait, it's not over. Put the pieces back together, apply some flesh-knitter and here! Good as new! Except for the risk of cancer."))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2014, 12:56:48 pm »

((As I recall, you don't even need the flesh knitter- just hold it in place for a couple seconds and it sticks.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2014, 01:00:46 pm »

((And we show the Mesk-breaking-and-reassembly trick.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2014, 01:01:40 pm »

((And for our next trick, Jim will break our lovely assistant Mesk in half over his knee.

*CRACK*

See there?  Good as new!))

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2014, 03:24:47 pm »

Private comms to team "I wonder if these guys would actually be MORE impressed by a display of untested, potentially uncontrollable technology. They seem to be very interested in technological advances and something of that sort would probably pique their interest even further as something which is not readily solved. Just a thought."
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2014, 05:57:20 pm »

In that case, the fleshknitter would fit right in, cancer potential or not. For what it's worth, they might be able to perfect it, after all. Maurice replied over the comms.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2014, 06:14:48 pm »

((Is Jim wearing his spike armor? That's a Nyartifact.))

(I've never taken it off since putting it on.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2014, 09:03:11 am »

@Steve: "Oh, good. Is there anything else I should be aware of about talking to others except not using my name? Any sort of special greeting or any words I shouldn't use? Or is being polite enough?"

@Steve & Toaster: "If there is no problem, I could talk about the merits of my weapons and any equipment that I know of. Other could talk about theirs, if they want."

Keep talking in private comms.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2014, 10:53:02 am »

Lars spoke a quick message over team comms.  "Does anyone have the full features of this new rifle, or any alien artifacts on their person?"

"I know the basic gist of it, yeah."
While Lars is showing the weapon:
"It's a free electron laser that works by letting a miniature cyclotron produce a stream of electrons, after which these are fed into a linear accelerator chamber. Then the electrons, with the help of oscillating electromagnets, produce the photons needed to produce the beam. After reflecting the beam for a while it is then fired, using the focusing array to get the desired wavelength. Longer reflecting times can be used to get a supercharged beam. It comes in 2 sizes, small man-portable and one for mechanically enhanced troopers."

Then on private team comms:
"Mesk, Jim, you two can show the broken-bones-heal-instantly trick to him. Don't overdo it though, just his arm snapping into place should be enough. Oh, and Mesk, you can show him the pyramid cannon on your arm, but don't fire it. Lars, you could mention how this thing was what lead to developing the high energy projector, and that there are many more artifacts and derivatives in the pipeline. You can use the living sand or superthough planetoid material as examples."

(I've never taken it off since putting it on.)
((And do you know how exactly it works?))

On a private comm to Lars:
Oh, and Lars, if the Advisor ever needs us to make plans or is confused or anything, just be honest and tell him I'm the one in charge of our group. If he's confused I'll explain to him, don't worry. Y'know, before you're asked to do things like planning an assault with him or something.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2014, 10:56:21 am »

"Right now?"

When/If told to, Jim grabs Mesk's closer arm by the wrist and elbow then snaps it at the forearm.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:03:18 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2014, 10:58:32 am »

"Right now?"

When told to, Jim grabs Mesk's closer arm by the wrist and elbow then snaps it at the forearm.

"Wait for Lars to give a signal, no use in giving the guy a jump scare. It's in case the first stuff we show isn't enough."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2014, 11:03:36 am »

"All right then."

(Added 'if' to previous action)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2014, 11:11:45 am »

Lars replied over team coms.  "Let's keep it simple for now."

((editing original post; yes to showing off HEP, no to fleshknitter/Mesk for this turn.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45