Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77873 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #570 on: March 17, 2015, 11:06:52 am »

Eh...shout encouraging words to the rest of the team. Or blow spit bubbles. Either works really.
You blow encouraging spit bubbles.

Steve says bring them if we can, cleanse whatever we can't with fire otherwise. I'm done with the computer, finishing the other packing.

Finish packing, radio Milno and head to lobby when done.
You get everything packed up into a couple of bags and trundle downstairs, waddling under their weight. The sound of sirens can be heard coming from several directions and there is moaning and wailing drifting down from open windows all along the street. Apparently that seizure causing shock wave had more wide spread effects then just your team.

You drag the bags out into the lobby and onto the street beyond, tapping your foot impatiently as you wait for milno.

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Second Car

"Damn."

Check how much damage the pipe bombs caused to the gunnerbots and whether we have any more explosives. Shoot up processors as oriented by Steve in case Milno has no idea where they are and make sure they're destroyed. In case we still have explosives and my explosive-setting training applies, use those to help detonating the processors.

D'usse - Ex-Getaway Driver - Second Car

Keep helping Milno.
The pipe bombs did minor damage, they detonated a good distance from them, after all. You spray the mechanical parts with bullets, though it seems not to have much of an effect- the metal must be something pretty advanced. You'll need something with either more force or more capacity to destroy mechanisms.

(you have multiple things which could do it)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 17, 2015, 09:13:23 pm »

Skylar glances around the street before quietly reporting to Milno. Boss, I'm done here. Can hear sirens coming in, is someone available to pick me up or do you need to finish there first?

Wait wait wait. Consider public transit options at this hour if nothing else happens.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 17, 2015, 10:59:27 pm »

Um...try and recover a bit? Or just drool in the corner like an idiot if not possible.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 18, 2015, 02:57:56 am »

((Posting when I wake up. I should have added a conditional action in case the armor-piercing bullets weren't enough but I supposed they'd be good enough at point-blank.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #574 on: March 18, 2015, 10:05:49 am »

Skylar glances around the street before quietly reporting to Milno. Boss, I'm done here. Can hear sirens coming in, is someone available to pick me up or do you need to finish there first?

Wait wait wait. Consider public transit options at this hour if nothing else happens.
Public transport is...well, less then likely.

Um...try and recover a bit? Or just drool in the corner like an idiot if not possible.
You're regaining a bit of your strength, enough to sit up in the car and then immediately feel dizzy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 19, 2015, 04:58:34 am »

((It's hard to make decisions in these situations where you might screw things, are pressed for time and on top of that you wish you could see the entire scene to know what and what's not an option.))

"Crap." Milno put a couple of stims between his lips just in case he needed them quick and got to work.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Fetch Skylar, help Milno if it's the kind of thing that D'usse can provide assistance. Remember to position the car strategically for a quick escape based on the sounds of the sirens and the memorized escape routes.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #576 on: March 19, 2015, 09:19:18 am »

((It's hard to make decisions in these situations where you might screw things, are pressed for time and on top of that you wish you could see the entire scene to know what and what's not an option.))

"Crap." Milno put a couple of stims between his lips just in case he needed them quick and got to work.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Fetch Skylar, help Milno if it's the kind of thing that D'usse can provide assistance. Remember to position the car strategically for a quick escape based on the sounds of the sirens and the memorized escape routes.
There are no explosives left.

At this point the theft if already "suspicious" because of everything else that's gone on. Better to just destroy it in anyway possible. Or steal them. Either works really. Though if you steal them we might be able to repair them and put them in the team fund.

Really, anything that makes it so they can't get hold of them is good. I'll let you choose.

D'usse takes the car around and grabs skylar before driving back over to you. The  sirens are getting closer, from the south and the north west. 

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 19, 2015, 01:53:03 pm »

((I'd say steal them. Seems the easiest option))

Rest and recover some more
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 19, 2015, 06:51:51 pm »

(( If they fit in the car, stealing them is definitely the easiest option.

I don't think they'll fit in the car. And somehow I don't think we can inconspicuously tow them XD ))

Check on Thaddeus, see if there's anything I can do for him now that would get him a little more functional.

Help Milno with the bots if requested. Drive the van after they're loaded.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:10:10 am by Kriellya »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 19, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »

((Eh, put them on top of the two bodies in the trunk. Might not close all the way though))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 20, 2015, 12:25:06 am »

"Shit."

Steal the gunnerbots. Make sure the van crash scene is clear of any ARM affiliation signs or high-tech before getting into the car to get away from the scene.

D'usse - Possible Getaway Driver - Second Car

Help with the stealing of gunnerbots and quick check of crime scene. Then drive away from the sirens and out of the city - preferably avoiding any troublesome paths and favoring side streets without getting into dead ends - or let Skylar do it in case he's a better driver and just needs some help with the escape route.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #581 on: March 20, 2015, 10:59:44 am »

((I'd say steal them. Seems the easiest option))

Rest and recover some more
Whatever Kri put in that computer, it leaves you with a hell of a hang over.

(( If they fit in the car, stealing them is definitely the easiest option.

I don't think they'll fit in the car. And somehow I don't think we can inconspicuously tow them XD ))

Check on Thaddeus, see if there's anything I can do for him now that would get him a little more functional.

Help Milno with the bots if requested. Drive the van after they're loaded.

Thad is fine but can't be helped get around faster. Also,the van is dead. You killed it, remember? Only the car works. So you can steal the bots, but you're piling them into the back of the car.

"Shit."

Steal the gunnerbots. Make sure the van crash scene is clear of any ARM affiliation signs or high-tech before getting into the car to get away from the scene.

Help with the stealing of gunnerbots and quick check of crime scene. Then drive away from the sirens and out of the city - preferably avoiding any troublesome paths and favoring side streets without getting into dead ends - or let Skylar do it in case he's a better driver and just needs some help with the escape route.
So, you grab the bots and pile them into the car. It looks quite strange to say the least, like a pile of grayhound corpses stacked on one side of the back seat, with a drunk man leaning against them,  but they should stay in place.

D'usse uses some gas from the fuel tank to set the van on fire,  effectively torching any evidence that might be left. She then crams herself in the back seat with Thad while milno rides shotgun and Skylar drives. They head west, away from the directions the sirens are coming from. They get about two miles from the area around the bank, taking surface streets, before finally getting on the freeway. It's almost completely deserted, and they follow it toward the city outskirts.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 20, 2015, 10:21:24 pm »

"City outskirts, Steve. What about that light I saw earlier?"

Vigilant and paranoid as always.

Vigilant and instructing Skylar on the best routes to avoid any large amount of traffic and get to the wilderness so we can get to that shuttle asap.
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 20, 2015, 11:02:08 pm »

Rest, recover and enjoy the ride.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 21, 2015, 12:28:35 am »

Keep driving until suitably located for pickup.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40