Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77932 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #540 on: March 10, 2015, 02:05:27 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room --> Escape car.

((Kri, you can try activating the progam on my laptop remotely to speed up progress.))
RUN into escape car. Activate Brute Force Null program.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 10, 2015, 02:42:29 am »

Team, get out. It's an activation code, machines in Smith coming for you. Our extraction point is anywhere outside the city. Blow the jammer, good luck.

Milno, I don't know what they're going to do, and I don't think I can stop them fully within parameters... If I hack those, the UWM will know.
... We're probably going to need to leave in a hurry.

Send random data on the same frequency as the box until the jammer goes on.

Then see how much the jammer interferes with my computer. Attempt to monitor the machines in the Smith building through the interference
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:39:14 am by Kriellya »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 10, 2015, 03:14:38 am »

"...well fuck. RUN!!! Go go go!"

Sprint to the car, make sure target and cash is in the vehicle and we don't leave anybody behind.

Use cam-eyes to watch for any potential pursuit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:12:52 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 10, 2015, 03:23:30 am »

"...well, that's what I get for setting a timer in a rush. Time to GO!"

RUN to the van and dive in!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:11 pm »

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

"I just hope they haven't put enough explosives to blow the bank and surrounding buildings to all hell. We still want to make it look like a band of retarded robbers mad a mistake instead of having the bank be attacked by an angry demolition business. And Sky, just avoid any obvious interference or any at all if possible."

Keep watching things, orient teammates in case they have to do something to avoid trouble or raising any more suspicion. If the teammates start being chased by killdrones/whatever else, provide fire support/get to the other car to provide firing support if necessary (if it looks like the attackers will overwhelm the van and/or the heist team isn't doing a good job at destroying/shaking them off and/or it looks like the attackers are focused on the van and won't immediately turn their attention to the apartment and level the building to the ground).

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Wait until everyone gets in with the stuff then get away.

If not being chased and the bomb timer allows to be slow at least until we get out of their sight: calmly get away from the Mr. Smith bulding's line of sight and get to the streets. Raise speed after some time passes, but unless being chased or urged to don't go fast enough to bring the authorities' (or the UWM's) attention to the van. If pursuers are spotted, floor it. Take closest city exit, preferentially avoiding the police department's direction.

If being chased/bomb time doesn't allow: floor it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:43:19 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #545 on: March 11, 2015, 11:00:09 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room --> Escape car.

((Kri, you can try activating the progam on my laptop remotely to speed up progress.))
RUN into escape car. Activate Brute Force Null program.

You get to the escape car and jump into the back, activating the null program as you do.

Team, get out. It's an activation code, machines in Smith coming for you. Our extraction point is anywhere outside the city. Blow the jammer, good luck.

Milno, I don't know what they're going to do, and I don't think I can stop them fully within parameters... If I hack those, the UWM will know.
... We're probably going to need to leave in a hurry.

Send random data on the same frequency as the box until the jammer goes on.

Then see how much the jammer interferes with my computer. Attempt to monitor the machines in the Smith building through the interference

The jammer is....more of a strobe-light than a flashbang as far as your electronic eyes are concerned. It's distracting and disorienting in a way but not blinding. You do your best to track the machines from the smith building; they're moving out now, onto the street. The box is still broadcasting too, though you have to search for it to find it amongst the null signals.

"...well fuck. RUN!!! Go go go!"

Sprint to the car, make sure target and cash is in the vehicle and we don't leave anybody behind.

Use cam-eyes to watch for any potential pursuit.

You jump into the back of the van and slam the back doors shut after quickly making sure you have the box. 

"...well, that's what I get for setting a timer in a rush. Time to GO!"

RUN to the van and dive in!
You jump into the passenger side of the van and close the door as the Namite goes off. It's not so much an explosion as the sound of a rocket engine starting up; a roar accompanied by a blinding white light, like burning magnesium, through the windows of the bank.

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

"I just hope they haven't put enough explosives to blow the bank and surrounding buildings to all hell. We still want to make it look like a band of retarded robbers mad a mistake instead of having the bank be attacked by an angry demolition business. And Sky, just avoid any obvious interference or any at all if possible."

Keep watching things, orient teammates in case they have to do something to avoid trouble or raising any more suspicion.

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Wait until everyone gets in with the stuff then get away.

If not being chased and the bomb timer allows to be slow at least until we get out of their sight: calmly get away from the Mr. Smith bulding's line of sight and get to the streets. Raise speed after some time passes, but unless being chased or urged to don't go fast enough to bring the authorities' (or the UWM's) attention to the van. If pursuers are spotted, floor it. Take closest city exit, preferentially avoiding the police department's direction.

If being chased/bomb time doesn't allow: floor it.

Considering the bomb is already going off and the things are coming out the front door of the smith building, you decide to floor it.

The Van lurches out of the alley and on to the street, taking a hard left away from the Smith building. You're about half a block away when the doors to the Smith House open and several gunner bots dash out. They're running right for the back of the van like albino grayhounds, You can tell from the swiveling motion of their turrets that they're getting ready to fire.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 11, 2015, 01:35:50 pm »

"...fuck. This going to be a shitty way to die."

Pop a will stim, use the cam-eyes and target the gunner bots electronic parts with the microwave amp. Sensors, CPU, the delicate parts that can't handle much heat.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:36:01 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 11, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »

"I got this."

Michael pulls a pipebomb out of the bag, estimates speed and distances involved, and sets an appropriate timer that'll detonate as close to the bots as possible, then hurls it at them
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:16:16 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 11, 2015, 04:09:37 pm »

((@renegade: Please don't use potion 6 and don't use a vague/bad amp action. There is usually one surefire way to make a shitty situation become far worse, and it's badly-used space magic. Collect yourself and let us try to survive this while completing the mission.
@tryrar: Depending on the speed of both van and murderbots and the distance between them, ten seconds may be too much.))

Milno would probably have wanted to start grumbling obscenities - some of them coming to him as an epiphany - as soon as he saw the damned robots, but that would have been wasted time. "Sky, gunner bots. Deactivate the box's signals and prevent them from firing if you can."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 11, 2015, 04:14:34 pm »

On it. Bots first, concerned about a dead-man's switch on the box.

Access and lockup the gunner bots. Make sure they cannot fire, then that they cannot move.
Look for a self destruct mechanism. If I find one and can't seem to lock them up, trigger it.

After bots are 'safe' (one way or the other), access the broadcasting box. Confirm that no data is on it, and that it is coming from the bank still, then halt the signal.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:52:14 am by Kriellya »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 11, 2015, 04:15:03 pm »

((@renegade: Please don't use potion 6 and don't use a vague/bad amp action. There is usually one surefire way to make a shitty situation become far worse, and it's badly-used space magic. Collect yourself and let us try to survive this while completing the mission.
@tryrar: Depending on the speed of both van and murderbots and the distance between them, ten seconds may be too much.))

Milno would probably have wanted to start grumbling obscenities - some of them coming to him as an epiphany - as soon as he saw the damned robots, but that would have been wasted time. "Sky, gunner bots. Deactivate the box's signals and prevent them from firing if you can."

((I wanted to do manual detonation, but with the jammer active that's an iffy proposition at best. Honestly, at this point the jammer is equivilant to closing the barn door behind us after the horses have been stolen, and accidentally locking ourselves in.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 11, 2015, 04:17:59 pm »

((Yes, but you can include those factors in your action. Such as "decide on appropriate timer depending on the scenario (speed of van and murderbots and distance)".))
>Yes?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 11, 2015, 04:19:13 pm »

((Yes, but you can include those factors in your action. Such as "decide on appropriate timer depending on the scenario (speed of van and murderbots and distance)".))

((Already edited something like that in :P))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 11, 2015, 04:39:22 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Van

Lay low to avoid getting shot. Read as much of the data in target (papers, photos and whatever I can) as possible and burn it into my memory. Don't lose anything of it when our van turns into cheese.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 11, 2015, 06:39:40 pm »

((Changed my action. Didn't have much time to post and think it through earlier. I'm pretty sure that the one I have now is much better))
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40