Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77917 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #525 on: March 07, 2015, 02:45:45 pm »

"Roger. I'll grab some cash then drag the laser rig upstairs. As for torching the bank, I have that covered as well with some namite for melting down the lasrig."

Stuff a duffel bag full of cash from the vault(avoiding the shoggoth), then grab a bit of namite and burn the shoggoth to ash with it on the way out. Get laser rig upstairs and use rest of namite to rig the self destruct, positioning rig where it would most likely set the rest of the bank on fire.

If target HASN'T been found, ignore the namite stuff and keep filling duffel bags with cash
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 07, 2015, 03:23:30 pm »

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

"The sirens are coming closer. Sky, check if private security companies use sirens in this place. Field people have to confirm the target, make sure it is secured and safe. Get as much cash and boxes as you can before beginning cleanup operation. And don't explode the bank, erasing clues and starting a reasonable fire to draw their attention should be enough."

"Damn Sky, you should be commanding this mission."
Milno grunts, his mood worsening. "Has anyone checked the room you smoked to make sure that didn't trigger any fire alarm?"

Stay alert, pray it isn't private security or the police.

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Stay alert.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:29:04 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 07, 2015, 04:22:48 pm »

"Fuck, I hope this is the target. We don't have time to keep fucking around with these boxes."

Double check with Ulrich on the contents of the box. If we don't think they match, keep opening boxes.

IF we think they match help with moving the laser rig upstairs and hauling bags to the car.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 08, 2015, 05:57:13 am »

"The sirens are coming closer. Sky, check if private security companies use sirens in this place. Field people have to confirm the target, make sure it is secured and safe. Get as much cash and boxes as you can before beginning cleanup operation. And don't explode the bank, erasing clues and starting a reasonable fire to draw their attention should be enough."

Milno grunts, his mood worsening. "Has anyone checked the room you smoked to make sure that didn't trigger any fire alarm?"

They checked, and I disabled the alarms. It was charred, but no fire. It's possible a fire alarm went out before I silenced them, and it probably would have gone to the bank's security firm first... We'll know shortly. It sounds like they just found the target. After they verify, we can get them out.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #529 on: March 09, 2015, 12:09:24 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room

"I think we got it. Guys, go loot few bags of cash from vault! And pull the las rig up too, it ain't needed down here anymore."

Open the case and validate content. If content matches, stuff the case into my backback, ensure everything from boxes is in bags and haul it all into escape car. Also help pulling up laser rig if my help is needed.
It contents of the case doesn't match, then keep cutting stuff open.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You open the box. The good news is that a quick glance seems to verify the contents. Bad news: as you open the box the lid jerks and something snaps. You open it the rest of the way and find a thin piece of what looks like fishing line. The line is attached the the bottom of the box, and runs up to a small black plastic rectangle thats affixed to the roof of the box. Opening it as caused the cord to go taunt and pull a small pin out of the box.

Good, cause we need to leave now. I don't know who those sirens are, suspect private security, here to check on why the bank has gone quiet.

Get what you need from the vault then torch the shoggoth.
Milno, thoughts on delaying security and torching the bank?

Check if private security in the area uses sirens, then check to see if someone has been trying to reach the guards on the radio.

Try and judge how far out the sirens are, watch for new signals approaching the bank.

New problem: There's a new signal  broadcasting. It's odd; just a series of high speed chirps, like sped up Morse code. But it's broadcasting from inside the bank, which isn't a good sign.

"Roger. I'll grab some cash then drag the laser rig upstairs. As for torching the bank, I have that covered as well with some namite for melting down the lasrig."

Stuff a duffel bag full of cash from the vault(avoiding the shoggoth), then grab a bit of namite and burn the shoggoth to ash with it on the way out. Get laser rig upstairs and use rest of namite to rig the self destruct, positioning rig where it would most likely set the rest of the bank on fire.

If target HASN'T been found, ignore the namite stuff and keep filling duffel bags with cash

You stuff a couple duffel bags full of cash and then plant some namite explosives around the shoggoth.  You wait to detonate them for the moment.

Instead you start trying to get the rig back upstairs on your own, which proves quite difficult.

"Fuck, I hope this is the target. We don't have time to keep fucking around with these boxes."

Double check with Ulrich on the contents of the box. If we don't think they match, keep opening boxes.

IF we think they match help with moving the laser rig upstairs and hauling bags to the car.

You join mike and help him get the rig as well as all the bags upstairs. You grab a few bags and carry them out to the van while he starts setting the rig to melt.

Stay alert, pray it isn't private security or the police.

Stay alert.

You notice something very wrong.

There are lights turning on in the Mr.Smith Building next to the bank...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 09, 2015, 12:27:14 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room

"Of course it is trapped..."

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:38:03 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 09, 2015, 01:51:03 pm »

"Hey Skylar, Milno? We're leaving now. Torch what you need to and get ready to hop in. Be sure to tell Steve we need pick up."

Make sure everyone is in the van, along with the target and money. Make sure that the charges are set off and get out of town away from the sirens. Be vigilant and use the cam-eyes to look out for any pursuit as we are leaving.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:26:50 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 09, 2015, 02:10:25 pm »

((Herp derp, remind me to create a small handbook with indications for operatives. Things such as "cam-eyes anything before opening it" should be standard procedure for us by now.))

"If it's trapped, that may explain why the mysterious building's lights are turning on. Get the fuck out. Now. Explode and burn clues but not yourselves. Close the door behind your asses. We'll leave later, just go. Radio silence preferred. Best of luck." he says before sighing and turning to Skylar, addressing him out of the comms' channel so the message doesn't get intercepted. "Tell Steve the target was trapped and the mysterious building seems to be UWM. Any signal coming from it? We'll have to leave later, in the other car. In case any shit happens and they need our help, we'll abandon this place sooner, get into the car and go get shit done."

Keep watching things, orient teammates in case they have to do something to avoid trouble or raising any more suspicion.

Wait until everyone gets in with the stuff then get away. Unless being chased, calmly get away from the Mr. Smith bulding's line of sight and get to the streets. Raise speed after some time passes and no pursuer is spotted, but unless being chased or urged to don't go fast enough to bring the authorities' (or the UWM's) attention to the van. Take closest city exit, preferentially avoiding the police department's direction.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:19:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 09, 2015, 02:20:18 pm »

"Affirmative, beginning egress. Incendiary charges are rigged and they'll detonate in five minutes."

Welp, time to GTFO. Michael will set the timer on the namite charges for 5 3 minutes and haul ass to the van. While riding in the van's back, he'll prepare his bombs and drones for 'discouraging' any pursuit that appears.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:58:00 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 09, 2015, 02:28:07 pm »

Already on it, boss. Team, the box is broadcasting something. I'm concerned about disabling it, this may be the time to deploy the blanket jammer, especially if we're going silent. Give me a minute to collect some information.

Steve, we need that exit point. We've triggered a signal on the box and we think a UWM team is deploying. Think we can disable it without damaging the data or alerting them that it was our target?

Contact Steve.

Examining the new broadcasting device and its signal. See if what it is communicating with is in range, and watch for new signals, especially coming from the Mr. Smith building.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 09, 2015, 02:38:42 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room --> Escape car.

Stuff contents of the case into my backpack with haste. Toss the case to far end of the room. Grab few jewelry bags and run into escape car.
Activate Brute Force Null program after Skylar requests it.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:31:27 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 09, 2015, 03:34:52 pm »

"Mike? Five minutes seems kinda...long. Can you set them up for remote detonation? Or maybe shorten the time?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 09, 2015, 03:57:21 pm »

"Aren't we activating the wide area jamming thingie? I won't really be able to remote detonate them with it active. Though a shorter time might not hurt. All right guys, new timeline! You have 3 minutes to get all the shit together and get your asses in the van like they're on fire, because if you're still here by then they WILL be!"

action edited

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 10, 2015, 01:32:06 am »

((@Kri, jammer is ready for activation once you request it.))
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #539 on: March 10, 2015, 01:59:33 am »

"Hey Skylar, Milno? We're leaving now. Torch what you need to and get ready to hop in. Be sure to tell Steve we need pick up."

Make sure everyone is in the van, along with the target and money. Make sure that the charges are set off and get out of town away from the sirens. Be vigilant and use the cam-eyes to look out for any pursuit as we are leaving.
"Affirmative, beginning egress. Incendiary charges are rigged and they'll detonate in five minutes."

Welp, time to GTFO. Michael will set the timer on the namite charges for 5 3 minutes and haul ass to the van. While riding in the van's back, he'll prepare his bombs and drones for 'discouraging' any pursuit that appears.
You head upstairs and help them load the van before setting the timer. You hit a few buttons. You intend to set it for 3:00. You actually set it for  :30.

"oops. Hey guys, how powerful is this namite stuff?"

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room --> Escape car.

Stuff contents of the case into my backpack with haste. Toss the case to far end of the room. Grab few jewelry bags and run into escape car.
Activate Brute Force Null program after Skylar requests it.

You throw the stuff in the bag and you're exiting through the first door when you hear the explosives beep and arm.

Already on it, boss. Team, the box is broadcasting something. I'm concerned about disabling it, this may be the time to deploy the blanket jammer, especially if we're going silent. Give me a minute to collect some information.

Steve, we need that exit point. We've triggered a signal on the box and we think a UWM team is deploying. Think we can disable it without damaging the data or alerting them that it was our target?

Contact Steve.

Examining the new broadcasting device and its signal. See if what it is communicating with is in range, and watch for new signals, especially coming from the Mr. Smith building.

>Get out of the city and we can get a shuttle to you.

It's an activation code; a high speed transmission of data. It's not meant for a human; and there's machinery activating in the smith building. You can't recognize those things activating are, but there are several and they're gonna be coming out of that building in seconds.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40