Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77906 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #510 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:09 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room

Keep breaking hinges from doors and occasionally from box as well.
How long we have been in?

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 05, 2015, 03:18:02 pm »

Look specifically for a black case about the size of a shoe box, that has papers, images and/or hard drives in it as I'm searching the safety deposit boxes. If the black box does have some paperwork in it, be sure to steal some other paperwork and passports as well.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 05, 2015, 07:03:28 pm »

Hm, could someone get me eyes on the Shoggoth? It's not being as precise as I'd like...

Wait for camera, then allow the Shoggoth to keep going.

Stop if *I* can hear the banging, or if the away team thinks it's going to attract attention.

Search the account information for accounts with a safety deposit box, look for accounts with odd information or behaviors.

(( I don't think this is what we meant by 'maybe the guard can let us into the vault' ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 05, 2015, 10:03:27 pm »

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

"What do you mean by 'not as precise as you'd like'? Remember we can only start taking chances after we have at least our target and some boxes secured."

Still vigilant: the vigilanting.

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Can the ruckus inside be heard from the outside? If yes, warn Skylar and the rest of the team.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 05, 2015, 10:26:46 pm »

Assist the Shoggoth in any way Michael can with entering the vault-mainly using teh laser rig of course.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »

Keep breaking hinges from doors and occasionally from box as well.
How long we have been in?

At this point you've been in for about 20 minutes.

You keep cutting.

Look specifically for a black case about the size of a shoe box, that has papers, images and/or hard drives in it as I'm searching the safety deposit boxes. If the black box does have some paperwork in it, be sure to steal some other paperwork and passports as well.
Nothing yet, but you feel like you're getting close. There's only so many boxes left.

Hm, could someone get me eyes on the Shoggoth? It's not being as precise as I'd like...

Wait for camera, then allow the Shoggoth to keep going.

Stop if *I* can hear the banging, or if the away team thinks it's going to attract attention.

Search the account information for accounts with a safety deposit box, look for accounts with odd information or behaviors.

(( I don't think this is what we meant by 'maybe the guard can let us into the vault' ))
You can't hear it, so you let the thing do it's work.

Now, as per info that might help find the box, the bank doesn't keep records of what is in each box. All it keeps is records of the names of the people and their accounts so the cost of the box can be deducted each year. There are tons of boxes which have been sitting there for years. On a quick glance there are no obviously fake names either. No Mr. Doe or J.Smith.

"What do you mean by 'not as precise as you'd like'? Remember we can only start taking chances after we have at least our target and some boxes secured."

Still vigilant: the vigilanting.

Can the ruckus inside be heard from the outside? If yes, warn Skylar and the rest of the team.
Everything is going fine in terms of noise, but you do hear sirens in the distance. You can't tell where exactly they're coming from or their nature, but you can definitely hear them.

Assist the Shoggoth in any way Michael can with entering the vault-mainly using teh laser rig of course.
You can attempt to use the rig but you risk hitting the shoggoth. Go for it anyways?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2015, 01:56:54 pm »

((20 minutes? That's unpleasantly long time.))
Cutting continues. Cut into some larger boxes as well.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2015, 02:07:25 pm »

"Sirens. Sky, can you find some videos or sound files so we can tell whether those are from police, firemen or whatever?"

Are they coming closer? Have Sky search for a match in the Internet for that kind of sirens so we know if it's police, firemen, ambulance or something else.

Make sure to tell D'usse whether the outside of the bank is looking funny or strange and if so, to fix it in order to avoid having a passing police car notice something is amiss.

Gird loins.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:08:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2015, 02:12:51 pm »

"This is infiltration team to Lookout Station. Did you just say sirens? Please confirm."

Fuck it, we're running low on time and the shoggoth is going too slow. Start using laser cutter on vault.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2015, 07:32:53 pm »

On it, boss.

Pull up some samples of local sirens, check them against the siren Milno hears.
Then check the emergency bands and local comms chatter for messages concerning the bank or nearby addresses.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »

Fuck it, we're running low on time and the shoggoth is going too slow. Start using laser cutter on vault.

((Should probably make it conditional just in case the sirens don't turn out to be an actual problem.))
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 06, 2015, 08:51:21 pm »

Keep opening boxes and checking for the target.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #522 on: March 07, 2015, 01:38:29 pm »

((20 minutes? That's unpleasantly long time.))
Cutting continues. Cut into some larger boxes as well.

Keep opening boxes and checking for the target.

After a few dozen boxes You finally open one that seems to contain what steve was describing.

"This is infiltration team to Lookout Station. Did you just say sirens? Please confirm."

Well, you manage to cut into the Vault. And through the Shoggoth. The Vault door falls open and crushes the shoggoth. It still seems to be alive but isn't moving too well.

On it, boss.

Pull up some samples of local sirens, check them against the siren Milno hears.
Then check the emergency bands and local comms chatter for messages concerning the bank or nearby addresses.

You didn't catch anything on the emergency bands...Could it be a private security company? If they lost contact with the bank they might have dispatched someone to check it out.

Siren analysis is inconclusive.

"Sirens. Sky, can you find some videos or sound files so we can tell whether those are from police, firemen or whatever?"

Are they coming closer? Have Sky search for a match in the Internet for that kind of sirens so we know if it's police, firemen, ambulance or something else.

Make sure to tell D'usse whether the outside of the bank is looking funny or strange and if so, to fix it in order to avoid having a passing police car notice something is amiss.

Gird loins.
They seem to be coming closer, but it's hard to tell if they're passing by or coming directly here. There's a lot of echoing.  The outside of the bank looks fine, at least from the angle you can see it. Nothing obviously amiss with it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 07, 2015, 01:55:11 pm »

"I think we got it. Guys, go loot few bags of cash from vault! And pull the las rig up too, it ain't needed down here anymore."

Open the case and validate content. If content matches, stuff the case into my backback, ensure everything from boxes is in bags and haul it all into escape car. Also help pulling up laser rig if my help is needed.
It contents of the case doesn't match, then keep cutting stuff open.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:33:44 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 07, 2015, 02:23:58 pm »

Good, cause we need to leave now. I don't know who those sirens are, suspect private security, here to check on why the bank has gone quiet.

Get what you need from the vault then torch the shoggoth.
Milno, thoughts on delaying security and torching the bank?

Check if private security in the area uses sirens, then check to see if someone has been trying to reach the guards on the radio.

Try and judge how far out the sirens are, watch for new signals approaching the bank.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:58:40 am by Kriellya »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40