Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78003 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #495 on: March 02, 2015, 08:41:18 pm »

((At least ask Sky to give a try at getting the shoggoth away from the vault door. We really don't want to mess with it just now. And we should probably wait a bit to cut into the vault - at least get some of the safe deposit boxes looted since we still didn't manage it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 02, 2015, 09:53:39 pm »

((Changed action

@Kriellya  Go ahead on trying to move the shoggoth.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2015, 11:29:36 pm »

((Kri may also want to spend a turn preparing for that. In the meantime, everyone else should try to a) prepare in case shit goes down or b) help with the safe deposit boxes.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 03, 2015, 12:00:31 am »

Alright, I'll move it shortly. Give me a second to prepare for the interference...

Spend some time studying the interference patterns to try and use the shoggoth through them

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2015, 02:07:55 pm »

Alright, I'll move it shortly. Give me a second to prepare for the interference...

Spend some time studying the interference patterns to try and use the shoggoth through them
Charging bonus eh?

((It could help, but it don't have it. Milno does.))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room

What door? Is there something you forgot to mention when we visited here last time? Besides I got those cutters for breaking these things. Surely I bought proper tools after seeing what we have to deal with?

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
The doors on the boxes

http://www.safedepositboxes.com/mm5/images/sdx_series/sdx_series-1.jpg

Each box has a locked metal door in front of it.

What are the cutters exactly? Because I was just using your crowbar.

All else fails, just bring the rig in and use it to slice the exposed hinges off the doors and remove them like that.

((@Aoshima Mechanist glove might help with the safety deposit box))

"I...hmm. Fuck it. Hey Skylar? We're going to get the hell away from your squishy friend. Go ahead and try moving it."

Edit: Get away from the techno-shoggoth and drag Michael with me. Get into the safety deposit box room and help Ulrich with getting our target.

IF the shoggoth freaks out, disable it, as best as possible,  with the microwave amp. Or run away. Which ever seems safer.

You pull back.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 03, 2015, 02:11:37 pm »

Michael brings the rig back around and into the safety deposit box room, and prepares to slice the hinges off of the boxes if Ulrich can't get into them(NOT charging Con bonus)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 03, 2015, 04:21:40 pm »

Help Michael, use the cam-eyes to make sure we don't damage the box, and that we get the right one

IF the shoggoth freaks out, burn it with the amp or run away, which ever one seems like it has a higher chance of success, if it looks like it's coming towards us
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 03, 2015, 11:11:02 pm »

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

Still vigilant: the return.

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Same.
>Yes?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2015, 09:42:16 am »

Okay, looks like we have minor hicup in flow of information here.

The walls are either made of marble or coated in it, and the boxes themselves are highly polished brass, or at least appear to be. There's a large table in the middle, dark lacquered wood and quite old looking, with a padded, velvet covering laid across the top. The Guard steps over to the left wall, examines it for a moment and then finds the box he's looking for. He removes it from the wall, carries it over to the table and sets it carefully down. The box has two locks on it, he unlocks one and then hands you a key to unlock the second, mentioning that this key is now yours. You unlock the box and the man politely turns his back and waits as you deposit your goods.

1. This mentions the quard simply pulls boxes out of slots in the wall. No refenrences to any additional doors here. And quite different from that image you now posted. So I have been operating with understanding that we can simply pull boxes out and carry them into our escape car and break locks later if needed. Therefore my cutting tools would be meant to cut locks or hinges out of the boxes.

2. However in hindsight that image makes much more sense, even if you never mentioned about such extra security. So if locks are actually part of the doors separating us from boxes, then my cutters are tools meant to cut off hinges from those doors. Like this, but hydraulic.

If you decide to go with original desrciption, then I pull boxes from wall, carry them to the table and break hinges.
If you rather go with set up of this image, then I just use my tools to cut of hinges from doors.

So I'll go after hinges anyway. My cutters will just be slightly different depending on which interpretation you use.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:45:23 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #504 on: March 04, 2015, 12:45:57 pm »

Okay, looks like we have minor hicup in flow of information here.

The walls are either made of marble or coated in it, and the boxes themselves are highly polished brass, or at least appear to be. There's a large table in the middle, dark lacquered wood and quite old looking, with a padded, velvet covering laid across the top. The Guard steps over to the left wall, examines it for a moment and then finds the box he's looking for. He removes it from the wall, carries it over to the table and sets it carefully down. The box has two locks on it, he unlocks one and then hands you a key to unlock the second, mentioning that this key is now yours. You unlock the box and the man politely turns his back and waits as you deposit your goods.

1. This mentions the quard simply pulls boxes out of slots in the wall. No refenrences to any additional doors here. And quite different from that image you now posted. So I have been operating with understanding that we can simply pull boxes out and carry them into our escape car and break locks later if needed. Therefore my cutting tools would be meant to cut locks or hinges out of the boxes.

2. However in hindsight that image makes much more sense, even if you never mentioned about such extra security. So if locks are actually part of the doors separating us from boxes, then my cutters are tools meant to cut off hinges from those doors. Like this, but hydraulic.

If you decide to go with original desrciption, then I pull boxes from wall, carry them to the table and break hinges.
If you rather go with set up of this image, then I just use my tools to cut of hinges from doors.

So I'll go after hinges anyway. My cutters will just be slightly different depending on which interpretation you use.

(It's actually a combination. There are locks on the box but there's also that door. And yeah, I guess I completely forgot to describe the little doors. Oh well, the cutters will work.)
You use the cutters to start slicing off the hinges on each of the doors. It's effective but rather slow. You throw the unopened boxes onto the table each time you cut one free.

"Someone else wanna look in those things while I do this?"

Help Michael, use the cam-eyes to make sure we don't damage the box, and that we get the right one

IF the shoggoth freaks out, burn it with the amp or run away, which ever one seems like it has a higher chance of success, if it looks like it's coming towards us

Michael brings the rig back around and into the safety deposit box room, and prepares to slice the hinges off of the boxes if Ulrich can't get into them(NOT charging Con bonus)

Your task is now meaningless. Go help him steal.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2015, 12:58:10 pm »

"And stuff target into my backpack once it is found. I got extra cutter as well so if one of you joins me breaking these we can speed up.
Man-who-speaks-with-gods, two priority tasks; open the last door. Find where recordings are kept and erase last two months worth of them, and again once we leave."

Give my second cutter to anyone who's willing to use it.
Keep breaking doors containing approximantely correctly sized boxes. Move to bigger ones once target is found or all smaller ones are opened.

Is this task tiring me out faster than it should?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:20:12 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:30 pm »

(( Ugh. Apparently I can't remember to do things at 4 in the morning. I should stop doing things then! ))

Use shogotth-interference bonus, attempt to get the shoggoth to open the vault, unless someone posts not to bother.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 04, 2015, 05:36:44 pm »

Take the second cutter and use the cam-eyes to make sure that I break into the target box first and then stuff it into Ulrich's backpack. After that, keep breaking open the boxes that he hands me. Be sure to scan them with the cam-eyes to make sure there isn't anything dangerous in them before I open them.

Do this if need be:

EDIT: Help Michael if he needs it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:29:48 pm by renegadelobster »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 04, 2015, 10:20:55 pm »

Well, grab a crobar/appropriate piece of equipment and help break into lockboxes and/or use laser rig to assist removing door hinges. If vault is failed to be opened by shoggoth instead wheel rig to vault and open it that way.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #509 on: March 05, 2015, 11:40:30 am »

"And stuff target into my backpack once it is found. I got extra cutter as well so if one of you joins me breaking these we can speed up.
Man-who-speaks-with-gods, two priority tasks; open the last door. Find where recordings are kept and erase last two months worth of them, and again once we leave."

Give my second cutter to anyone who's willing to use it.
Keep breaking doors containing approximantely correctly sized boxes. Move to bigger ones once target is found or all smaller ones are opened.

Is this task tiring me out faster than it should?

Tiring you? No. Your hands are sore but you're not tired.

(( Ugh. Apparently I can't remember to do things at 4 in the morning. I should stop doing things then! ))

Use shogotth-interference bonus, attempt to get the shoggoth to open the vault, unless someone posts not to bother.
You manage to get the shoggoth to start attacking the vault. It's hard for you to tell, from your comfortable position far from danger, if it's doing a good job.

Take the second cutter and use the cam-eyes to make sure that I break into the target box first and then stuff it into Ulrich's backpack. After that, keep breaking open the boxes that he hands me. Be sure to scan them with the cam-eyes to make sure there isn't anything dangerous in them before I open them.

Do this if need be:

EDIT: Help Michael if he needs it.
The boxes on the table all might contain the target, their contents are such that it could be it. So you start cutting them open and dragging the stuff out. You toss things like paper work and passports over your shoulder while throwing jewelery, electronics and weapons (there are a few handguns) into the bags. No sign of the target yet.

Well, grab a crobar/appropriate piece of equipment and help break into lockboxes and/or use laser rig to assist removing door hinges. If vault is failed to be opened by shoggoth instead wheel rig to vault and open it that way.
You roll the rig back out to the hallway and find the shoggoth noisily banging away on the vault door and trying to tear it free. It's not doing a terrible job, but it is a rather slow process.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40