Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78091 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #450 on: February 24, 2015, 02:06:38 pm »

Maneuver rig so it can begin lasering door if door cannot be opened. Keep an eye on techo-shoggoth here and get ready to firebomb it with some namite if needed.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 24, 2015, 03:07:54 pm »

(("What's that?"

"Oh, that's our techno-shoggoth.  It'll help us open the door... probably."

"..."

*shoggoth twitches a bit*

"NOPE" *NAPALM*))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2015, 03:12:38 pm »

((Well, yeah. If the shoggoth twitches the wrong way someone's getting a leg cut off, cause there's no other !!FUN!! easy way to remove them.))

Help Michael with moving the rig, set up a com repeater outside the vault area so we can maintain contact Skylar and Milno. Be ready to run like hell if Michael decides to light the shoggoth on fire.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:15:18 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 25, 2015, 01:29:19 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Vault tunnel

If techno soggoth dropped my crowbar then fetch it.
Check the door with X-ray mode of cameye goggles for any ports. Maybe it is hidden under keypad? If yes, then keypad must find new home. Enforced with crowbar if I got it back, or with kitchen knife I purchased earlier. Otherwise I'll let Thaddeus and Michael deal with the door.

Try to get one soggoth into a duffel bag very carefully without touching it (to ensure additional tokens).

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:23:13 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 25, 2015, 10:49:55 am »

((Try to take shoggoth pieces only after we are done with this and just in the case Sky says he can't save the data in the memory bank thing he wants to take after destroying God-Computer.))

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

"Remember the golden rule about bizarre events in the HMRC: don't poke them unless that's either your mission or your way to tell whether they want to eat you or not. With that said, after we are done we can try to take a sample from it or something."

Be thankful the army isn't here already and keep watching.

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Keep checking the maps and paying attention to any disturbances.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:52:17 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2015, 07:41:41 am »

I'd be ready to firebomb my... friend. Let me know if you need me for the second safe deposit door. I'm going on overwatch in the mean time.

Check wireless signals in the area for 'suspicious' activity, help out with the second door if requested / possible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2015, 01:13:13 pm »

((Well, yeah. If the shoggoth twitches the wrong way someone's getting a leg cut off, cause there's no other !!FUN!! easy way to remove them.))

Help Michael with moving the rig, set up a com repeater outside the vault area so we can maintain contact Skylar and Milno. Be ready to run like hell if Michael decides to light the shoggoth on fire.
Maneuver rig so it can begin lasering door if door cannot be opened. Keep an eye on techo-shoggoth here and get ready to firebomb it with some namite if needed.
Who wants to do the con roll for using this thing?

If techno soggoth dropped my crowbar then fetch it.
Check the door with X-ray mode of cameye goggles for any ports. Maybe it is hidden under keypad? If yes, then keypad must find new home. Enforced with crowbar if I got it back, or with kitchen knife I purchased earlier. Otherwise I'll let Thaddeus and Michael deal with the door.

Try to get one soggoth into a duffel bag very carefully without touching it (to ensure additional tokens).

You don't see any noticeable ports. Maybe the one back there was for both doors? Who knows. You grab your crowbar though.

I'd be ready to firebomb my... friend. Let me know if you need me for the second safe deposit door. I'm going on overwatch in the mean time.

Check wireless signals in the area for 'suspicious' activity, help out with the second door if requested / possible.
There's a lot of static and interference right now for some reason.  You can't get a good contact with the shoggoth.

((Try to take shoggoth pieces only after we are done with this and just in the case Sky says he can't save the data in the memory bank thing he wants to take after destroying God-Computer.))

"Remember the golden rule about bizarre events in the HMRC: don't poke them unless that's either your mission or your way to tell whether they want to eat you or not. With that said, after we are done we can try to take a sample from it or something."

Be thankful the army isn't here already and keep watching.

Keep checking the maps and paying attention to any disturbances.
No sign of the army or the cops, but you do notice a strange glow off to the south east. It's too early for morning, but it looks vaguely like the first faint light of sunrise.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »

Well, according to wiki thaddeus and Michael have the same CON bonus, so I'll volunteer :P

Fire up the laser cutter and cut open the door so we can get to the stealing.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2015, 01:41:45 pm »

Get out of the way of laser and back to the first door on this level. Tear off anything between me and its lock and connect laptop on it. Check around if it has connections to other doors between us and safety box vault. If yes, try to hack them open.
Give a change to Skylar too, if he wants to use my laptop as a proxy.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:59:01 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2015, 01:43:34 pm »

Be ready to step in and help Michael if it looks like he needs help with the laser. Otherwise just stand off to the side away from the shoggoth.

Also, did that com repeater get set up outside the vault area? If it didnt, go and do that, maybe set up another one to ensure strong coms signal.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:46:51 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2015, 05:10:09 pm »

The young operative stares at the strange glow and the first thing that comes to his mind is that either a) the government has some unexpected weapon/tool and they're fucked or b) one of the teams - including his, damn that computer - has screwed it up badly and they're still fucked. He can only consider bad things. Either nuclear or China-9 things, even. "It's night and I'm seeing a strange glow that looks a bit like sunrise. Sky, get in contact with Steve and see if one of the other teams fucked up. If that's the case, we might want to know if it's coming our way."

Is it growing? If yes, how does it look? Nuclear or China-9-like? Duck inside if it keeps growing bigger/approaching. Get in contact with Steve, ask what the fuck is going on, if this thing is coming our way and if we need to hit the ground/seek shelter.

If we need to do the latter, then ask for our best options and follow them. Either Dex pill to get there faster if that's needed or End pill to resist the shit that's coming.

Prepare to enact emergency plan if things go bad (hide wherever instructed and use a pill).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 26, 2015, 08:15:09 pm »

Get out of the way and back to the first door. Tear anything between me and the lock and connect laptop on it. Check around if it has connection to other doors. If yes, try to hack them open.

(( Which door are you talking about? I am unclear on it, so PW probably will be as well. ))

Will do, Boss. I'm getting a lot of interference as well, it may be related.

Team
, be advised. I'm seeing a lot of interference and there's something odd going on over the horizon. Be advised, I may not be able to assist, and the worm pile may misbehave...

Steve, we're seeing an early sunrise and interference here. Any information?

Message Steve, then check the interference. Does it seem to have a local source, or is it more pervasive?

If someone requests for a door to be poked, poke the door, see if both doors are on the same circuit. Then try to open the second door.

If the interference clears up, get the Shoggoth to 'investigate' the vault door.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:08:31 am by Kriellya »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:10 pm »

((Ooh, random thought. I bet the data from the god computer can be used to make a machine controlling manip.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 26, 2015, 11:56:56 pm »

Get out of the way and back to the first door. Tear anything between me and the lock and connect laptop on it. Check around if it has connection to other doors. If yes, try to hack them open.

(( Which door are you talking about? I am unclear on it, so PW probably will be as well. ))
((Priority 1 is to get into safety box vault so doors between us and it. Singe soggoth are piled against actual vault door, which is least important for us.))
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2015, 07:07:06 am »

((Priority 1 is to get into safety box vault so doors between us and it. Singe soggoth are piled against actual vault door, which is least important for us.))

(( Ahhhh, I think I get it now... Alright, so you're moving to the first SDB door with the laptop, while they setup the laser rig at the second door. Got it. I'll amend my post slightly ))
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40