Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78052 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #435 on: February 19, 2015, 04:11:30 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Vault level

"Surely you are joking? Anyway, these things are fused with the area where lock used to be, so we have a problem. It seriously hinders our hacking attempts. Laser leaves rather unique tracks, so I'm not happy to use it to bring the door down."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2015, 07:11:52 pm »

"Yeah, you and me front to back guiding this down the stairs should work."

Help guide the rig downstairs as suggested
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 19, 2015, 07:26:34 pm »

"Ha! I wish. Maybe Skylar has a better connection to the lock now and more access? Might also not hurt to grab a knife and a container after we're done here and scrape some of that dude into there. People back home might find something useful from it."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 19, 2015, 09:33:30 pm »

((Don't let Milno discover you used unsupervised and uncleared space magic, Aoshima. "No space magic unless mildly safe and necessary" is part of his philosophy for spec ops missions, or any mission for that matter.))

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

Milno sighs before talking to the rest of the team. "Most of the curious people have decided to go back to sleep and no one decided to take a closer look so far. Consider yourselves lucky for now but don't mess it up."

"Yeah, he's telling the truth. Bizarre crapfests in this business are pretty common, either from the environment itself or coming from your team. I do prefer it doesn't come from us in any task I'm in, though. And starting a fire works is an option, but we'll get there. Don't go around causing more damage than needed."
Killing more people than necessary really doesn't get them any bonus points.

Continue to keep watch.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:35:30 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 19, 2015, 09:38:19 pm »

((@piecewise: TCM asked me to take D'usse over for the rest of the mission, and so I will. The rest of the team can control her as well in case I fall into a coma.))

D'usse - Alley

Do whatever D'usse is supposed to be doing. Probably waiting until she needs to get the team away.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 20, 2015, 07:41:58 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank upstairs -> Vault level

Poke the worms with a crowbar and see if it is safe to walk through them. If yes then
    walk to where lock used to be and scrape things off it. Try to connect my laptop on it like I stated previously, if possible.
Otherwise help Michael and Thaddeus if they need help. And pinch the skin on my arm a little. Please don't tell me it hurts more than expected.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:52:37 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 20, 2015, 07:48:09 am »

((I'll ask just in case: are you sure that you don't want to use objects to the test the thing's reaction before getting to poking?))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #442 on: February 21, 2015, 01:44:59 pm »

((I'm calling Xan shenanigans with the last guard.))

"Hey, Michael, you in front, me on the back and we just kinda walk it/carry it down there?"

Michael on the front of it, me on the back, kinda walk it/carry it down there
He went full Xan. Never go Full Xan.

"Yeah, you and me front to back guiding this down the stairs should work."

Help guide the rig downstairs as suggested

You both manage to get the rig downstairs, though not without your fair share of stubbed toes, smashed fingers and close calls.

((Don't let Milno discover you used unsupervised and uncleared space magic, Aoshima. "No space magic unless mildly safe and necessary" is part of his philosophy for spec ops missions, or any mission for that matter.))

Milno sighs before talking to the rest of the team. "Most of the curious people have decided to go back to sleep and no one decided to take a closer look so far. Consider yourselves lucky for now but don't mess it up."

"Yeah, he's telling the truth. Bizarre crapfests in this business are pretty common, either from the environment itself or coming from your team. I do prefer it doesn't come from us in any task I'm in, though. And starting a fire works is an option, but we'll get there. Don't go around causing more damage than needed."
Killing more people than necessary really doesn't get them any bonus points.

Continue to keep watch.
You drum your fingers on the balcony.

((@piecewise: TCM asked me to take D'usse over for the rest of the mission, and so I will. The rest of the team can control her as well in case I fall into a coma.))

D'usse - Alley

Do whatever D'usse is supposed to be doing. Probably waiting until she needs to get the team away.
At this point all I think she's supposed to be doing is sitting in the van, reading maps and waiting to drive.

Poke the worms with a crowbar and see if it is safe to walk through them. If yes then
    walk to where lock used to be and scrape things off it. Try to connect my laptop on it like I stated previously, if possible.
Otherwise help Michael and Thaddeus if they need help. And pinch the skin on my arm a little. Please don't tell me it hurts more than expected.

You poke the thing with the crowbar and the black goo sticks to it like tar. You try to yank it free but it's too stuck for you to manage it. Hmph.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 21, 2015, 02:08:47 pm »

((Thanks Caellath, you probably saved me here.))
"We have a problem here. This... this worm stuff is extremely sticky. I can't pull my crowbar out of it."

Back away from worms so Skylar won't mistake me to them when he starts manipulating them. Once he's done then:
If worms still cover the floor then find something to make a path over them. Tables, papers, corpses, whatever.
If the first door is not open by now, then try this connect laptop thing I'm dead set to do.
If the first door is open, then let's do the laptop thing to next door between us and safety box vault.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:35:12 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 21, 2015, 04:40:12 pm »

"Huh. I say we set the laser rig on it after we're done here and trigger the namite on it. Take care of both at once. I still want to try and get a sample, just so the lab guys can see what the hell it is now. Might even be useful. Although we should see if now Skylar has any more access to the lock and anything past it, seeing as how the...guard...is now attached to it."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 21, 2015, 04:53:33 pm »

Great... let me see if I can still access the 'guard'. You may want to back up, though I'd appreciate a camera feed.

Poke around the worms. See if I can influence them or the door through them.

If I can influence the door, work on opening it, and don't break the connection until it is open.

If I can influence the worms as a group, see if I can get them to move out of the way, towards the vault.

If I can't seem to get the worms to do anything or connect with the door, try deleting them.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 21, 2015, 07:10:21 pm »

Set the laser rig away from the guard and back away from him. See if we can set up the laptop so Skylar can wirelessly access it to see what he's doing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 22, 2015, 10:57:50 am »

((Basic HMRC/RPG paranoia. If you can test its reaction with an object, don't risk a limb.))

Keep watching.
>Yes?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 24, 2015, 02:43:01 am »

Just stand guard over the laser rig in case the problem turns into one Michael can help with.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #449 on: February 24, 2015, 02:00:47 pm »

((Basic HMRC/RPG paranoia. If you can test its reaction with an object, don't risk a limb.))

Keep watching.

Milno knows first hand about my hunger for limbs.

You keep watching.

Just stand guard over the laser rig in case the problem turns into one Michael can help with.
You stand in front of the rig and keep an eye on the techno-shoggoth.

Set the laser rig away from the guard and back away from him. See if we can set up the laptop so Skylar can wirelessly access it to see what he's doing.
You set the laptop up away from guard and turn on the built in webcam.

Great... let me see if I can still access the 'guard'. You may want to back up, though I'd appreciate a camera feed.

Poke around the worms. See if I can influence them or the door through them.

If I can influence the door, work on opening it, and don't break the connection until it is open.

If I can influence the worms as a group, see if I can get them to move out of the way, towards the vault.

If I can't seem to get the worms to do anything or connect with the door, try deleting them.

Skylar manages to not only open the door but also to cause the shoggoth thing to trundle down the hall and over next to the vault.

"We have a problem here. This... this worm stuff is extremely sticky. I can't pull my crowbar out of it."

Back away from worms so Skylar won't mistake me to them when he starts manipulating them. Once he's done then:
If worms still cover the floor then find something to make a path over them. Tables, papers, corpses, whatever.
If the first door is not open by now, then try this connect laptop thing I'm dead set to do.
If the first door is open, then let's do the laptop thing to next door between us and safety box vault.

You grab the laptop and carry it over to the next door. This door has a keypad but nothing else as far as you can see.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40