Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77952 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2015, 02:08:59 am »

((@pw I think he wanted to go through the bank and open them, not go outside and bust them down.

@tryrar Might not hurt to see if one of our dead guard buddies has a key card to open that door.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 12, 2015, 02:55:31 am »

((I'll check the guard.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 12, 2015, 07:41:30 am »

((Um, yeah, I had thought he had managed to get to the repository, so editing action))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 12, 2015, 08:30:36 am »

Working on it. If you guys don't see someone with the cameyes, assume that he is shielded or not in this facility... his camera link will help me, though.
Milno, keep an eye on that shielded building... I'm still worried about it.

Check my 'connections' to the guards, find the ones that are still active. Search for wireless devices they're carrying.

Keep listening to the radio. Check the security station, confirm that the guard is dead and that no alarms have gone out.
... check the fire alarms, see if they were accessible and disabled with the other alarms.

(( Oh, there was a post today. Yay. ))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:40:05 am by Kriellya »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2015, 03:57:50 pm »

((Ahem, assume I also have the mechanist prepared along with the assault rifle, just in case.))

"I do still hope you have an idea of how to destroy that monster computer you created after we're done." Milno says to Skylar, his eyes still focused on the scenario of a very clumsy bank robbery unfolding in the night.

Keep watching.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2015, 09:16:45 pm »

Skylar responds without looking away from the screens, focused on some more organic hacking. I've got some small charges ready to go when we're done, though I'm planning to take the storage with us. Unless this machine is more robust than the parts it was made out of, they should take care of it. Potentially, if we've ended up with a fire in the bank, we could allow it to spread to this building once we're done, get a little added fire damage into the equation...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2015, 09:40:13 pm »

((Nooooo! Keep the computer! Bonus tokens for artifact recovery.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2015, 01:30:33 pm »

"You can take the storage. Just make sure we don't leave too many clues." Milno replies, his gaze flicking for a moment towards the mysterious shielded building.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #413 on: February 14, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »

"Well shit. Let's see if I can get this unlocked..."

Physically break the lock on the Repository ALL the doors between Michael and the repository though Strength and/or application of one of the pipe bombs(warn people if Michael has to resort to the latter), then open the Repository door and get the van inside and unloaded.
The door into the back of the bank is solid enough, but clearly designed as a simple barrier to prevent customers from wandering in. You're about to kick it open when Ulrich comes and unlocks it for you. Spoil sport. You head in and hang a left into the repository, step over the corpse on the ground, and open the door out into the alley. D'usse isn't there yet, so you wait.

"I...Heh heh...fuck. So I got the guy in the security room. I think. It..might  be on fire right now though. Oh, and there's at least three other guys we need to get rid of." Thaddeus pauses before talking to Skylar directly. "Hey Sky? Is there anyway for you to determine us from the guards? Cause if you can that'd be really helpful right now. If you could just turn off their brains that'd be awesome."

WELP TIME TO GO GUARD HUNTING. Scan with my cam-eyes to look for more heat signatures that aren't us. If there aren't any near the security room, go over there and see how much damage there is to it, but keep my gun at the ready in case I need to shoot anybody. And if possible, charge another exotic bonus for brain cooking
Two upstairs, one downstairs. You head into the guard station. The room smells like burnt popcorn and plastic when you enter. The guard is laying on the ground, face down, his uniform and some of the carpet on fire. There's a bank of monitors against the wall and a radio station. Someone is yammering over the radio, asking for someone to respond. Clearly cutting the guard off in the middle of his speech made someone nervous. 

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank lobby

Check if our dead guard has key card of any kind and use it to assist Michael breaking the back door. If I can't find any, then assist him with my less explosive tools. Then assist Thaddeus hunting guards.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You lift a keycard from the corpse and use it to open the door into the back.

Working on it. If you guys don't see someone with the cameyes, assume that he is shielded or not in this facility... his camera link will help me, though.
Milno, keep an eye on that shielded building... I'm still worried about it.

Check my 'connections' to the guards, find the ones that are still active. Search for wireless devices they're carrying.

Keep listening to the radio. Check the security station, confirm that the guard is dead and that no alarms have gone out.
... check the fire alarms, see if they were accessible and disabled with the other alarms.

(( Oh, there was a post today. Yay. ))
Radios, cellphones, standard wireless comm devices for the area. One of them has a wireless music player connected to satellite radio.

There have been no alarms sent out yet, and you quickly disable the firearms, just in case.

((Ahem, assume I also have the mechanist prepared along with the assault rifle, just in case.))

"I do still hope you have an idea of how to destroy that monster computer you created after we're done." Milno says to Skylar, his eyes still focused on the scenario of a very clumsy bank robbery unfolding in the night.

Keep watching.
You yawn and light another cigarette. No explosions yet, that's a good sign.

TCM might want to actually bring the van around.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 15, 2015, 03:12:10 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank lobby

"Skylar, take care of the guard on downstairs. Thaddeus and Michael, let's handle the ones on upstairs."

Climb stairs up. Look again where the not-us people are. Archive, storage, conference room? I feel confident enough to drink my christmas potion #30.
If I'm still in good shape to kill things, move together with Thaddeus to kill.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:43:07 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 15, 2015, 04:16:03 am »

"Alright, time to shoot some guards."

Head upstairs with Michael and Ulrich to hunt down the two guards up there. Use the cam-eyes to track them and and take them out separately with a combination of the microwave amp and handgun and with helping the other two.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2015, 10:33:31 am »

I feel confident enough to risk screwing the mission.
((Remember, no experimental space magic during the mission. At least wait until we're back at the ship.))

Milno doesn't like cigarettes, but at the very least they're an excuse to stay there watching the mission unfold. During his jail time he had also seen people do similar things in movies.

Keep watching.

Note: In case TCM doesn't post, have D'usse bring the van around so their momentary absence doesn't harm the team.
>Yes?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 16, 2015, 10:59:23 am »

((Experimental space magic is usefull only on mission. I would use battle stims, but its effects last too long.))
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 16, 2015, 02:04:25 pm »

Michael goes after one of the guards not already being covered by the team
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2015, 02:48:53 pm »

Bring the van around at some point.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40