Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77817 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #315 on: January 20, 2015, 05:10:44 pm »

Go with Michael and help him with building the cutting laser rig
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »

Go down to the hood once more and see if I can get some armor-piercing bullets.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 21, 2015, 06:29:14 am »

Check the overnight recordings. Specifically, the guard response to the camera and the static, if any, and the radio chatter when the janitor's arrived and while they were in the building.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #318 on: January 21, 2015, 01:27:32 pm »

Michael heads to the warehouse to check on the cutting laser. Assuming it has arrived in one piece, he then plans out the mobile rig to hold it(charge handi). The rig should have the ability to swing the laser up and down as well as side to side, letting us at least cut a square hole in the vault.
Go with Michael and help him with building the cutting laser rig
You want this rig to be motorized and respond to programmed commands or just to hold the weapon up, letting you direct it manually?

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

Watch through all records the minicamera I set up long time ago has recorded. Especially the moment the when camera ceased to be (which one it was btw?), and how the hired vandalism performed.

I suppose now is good time to start talking about the plan, guys.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
It was the one on the left, front side of the bank.

Vandalism was done via paintball gun.

And what are you interested in about when the camera vanishes? What it looked like or what the reactions were? Because you basically saw them already: a bunch of slack jawed confusion.

Go down to the hood once more and see if I can get some armor-piercing bullets.
You can and do.

Check the overnight recordings. Specifically, the guard response to the camera and the static, if any, and the radio chatter when the janitor's arrived and while they were in the building.
The camera response was a lot of silence and Huhs, while the static was more huhs and rationalizing it off as some sort of transmitter feedback. In general, they reported it but nothing really happened.  The janitors arrived as usual and did their work, as usual, with the added job of cleaning the cameras.

In all, they barely seem to have noticed and treated it all like just a series of weird coincidences/ pesky kids messing with them. Since they saw several other cameras in the area were hit, they assume it was done by someone in order to tag the place up or some other minor act of skullduggery. 

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 21, 2015, 01:40:51 pm »

And what are you interested in about when the camera vanishes? What it looked like or what the reactions were? Because you basically saw them already: a bunch of slack jawed confusion.

How the disappearance looked like. Did it just cease to be, did Timmy or his kind pay a visit or did some odd otherwordly effect happen?

Check the phishing site, did we got some credentials? If yes then use them to connect to the bank site and (somehow) look for connection to the back-end systems. Then (somehow) try to obtain higher level permissions and make a backdoor that can be used without stolen credentials.
If my hacking is successful at this point, then look up for a list of people who have rented a safety box. Does name of Mr. Smith appear here? What else I have access to?

Oh, and route all traffic through the proxy server for all this.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:24:15 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 21, 2015, 02:21:19 pm »

Manual Control. Less complicated/chance to do something...unexpected. Oh, and guess go ahead and assemble it(with the help)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 21, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »

Keep on helping Michael
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 22, 2015, 12:23:56 pm »

"I think we have gathered enough information to start planning this operation. Here's what I'm thinking: we operate on night.

We can get into position from the gap between book and clothing stores, it's not covered by cameras. The guards should be easy to take down. Thaddeus has CamEyes and Microwave Amp so he can easily boil brains of one and maybe we can use Skylar's machine to disable another. Timing this should be the moment when neither of the night guards are in same room and first one to die must be the one remaining in security room.

We can cover our abnormal killing methods later by shooting their heads full of holes. Obvious wounds won't cause much deeper examination. Of course it needs to be framed to be more realistic, maybe having them wield their weapons, holding them up and then blowing their brains out.

Once guards are down we should disable alarms. We know the police is alerted via wireless signal and I got this neat program from Steve which disables all wireless connections within range. It will be obvious so we should keep it active only as long as it takes to cut power to the building. After that alarms should be useless and we are free to operate.

Our primary point of entry should be employee door. No one will easily notice if its lock is lasered down and we can cover laser tracks with shaped charge which we will detonate after we leave the scene. Once inside our secondary entry is repository door which we open from inside to allow out escape car in. Then we close it to avoid unnecessary attention.

The doors downstairs are not laser resistant so we can cut them open, unless we can bypass the lock somehow. Maybe if we jack a laptop in and let Skylar's machine work through it? Would it work? Otherwise we just cut the spots where door bolts are. First we open our way to the safety box room and then to the vault. Covering laser marks here is much harder, so mere explosives won't do. I'm open for more ideas regarding this. Acids, maybe? One person should go packing the cash from vaults and rest should be breaking boxes and packing everything.

There's still escape phase that needs more thinking.

And Skylar, I heard you were saying some odd things."

If we could get a self-driving one, we could have it wander around town with the loot after we have what we need. Maybe even deliver it to a local gang to shed some blame and allow the cops and bank to write their own story for the UWM.

"This is what I believe you said. This is honestly horrible idea. What if police intercepts this self-driving car? They can easily confirm what is missing and if the only one is the target then all our hard work is useless. And local 'gangs' are useless as well. They won't have skill nor capacity to pull off robbery like this. It's more than enough to rise suspicion when cops finds out they didn't do it and then we get again into the problematic point: They can confirm what is missing.

Maybe we could drop stuff for professional thieves, but I'm against this; we should bring everything we get to the Sword. Perfect heist. No tracks. Few red herrings.

Lastly division of resources. One is required here operating this divine dial-up machine. That's Skylar, only one who really can do it. He built it after all.
One must be in our escape car, driving it around until we can get inside and open the repository door. Candidates here are D'usse and me.
Once we are inside one should remain upstairs to keep watch.
Remaining four can then focus on looting.

Well, that's my idea at moment. Any opinions? Feel free to contribute."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2015, 04:16:32 am »

Yeah, if you get a wireless laptop physically connected, the machine should be able to work it's magic. Though this will probably require you to not use that program Steve gave you, it will probably lock me out of everything as long as its active. I should be able to take care of the alarms. That wireless signal is giving me access to them, I'll just need to modify them to ignore the world while we work. They may also have a 'phone home' signal that will alert the police if they malfunction... I'll have to check for that, it could also cause us a problem if we use that program in either case. Still good to have though, a wireless blackout could be advantageous for us if the police do arrive.

I also... get the feeling I may be able to get one of the guards to do it as well, also with the machine, but that depends on the door being unlockable by normal means when we go in. Oh, and the machine may also just... delete the locks, like it did with the camera, leaving you with an inert piece of steel, so go in ready to cut it down. Of course, it may also delete the door... but I doubt we'd get that lucky.

If we could get a self-driving one, we could have it wander around town with the loot after we have what we need. Maybe even deliver it to a local gang to shed some blame and allow the cops and bank to write their own story for the UWM.

"This is what I believe you said. This is honestly horrible idea. What if police intercepts this self-driving car? They can easily confirm what is missing and if the only one is the target then all our hard work is useless. And local 'gangs' are useless as well. They won't have skill nor capacity to pull off robbery like this. It's more than enough to rise suspicion when cops finds out they didn't do it and then we get again into the problematic point: They can confirm what is missing.

Maybe we could drop stuff for professional thieves, but I'm against this; we should bring everything we get to the Sword. Perfect heist. No tracks. Few red herrings.

The point of that idea is to avoid taking the target away. If we can't avoid taking it or marking it as tampered with, we obviously don't want our stolen goods to get found in any usable condition, and we should have an alternate disposal plan for that case.

But if we *don't* need to take or damage the target, since our ultimate goal is information, we can leave the briefcase behind with everything else and allow them to recapture everything. The local police chalk it up as a win, they tell a story to the UWM about how they quickly recovered the briefcase without issue, and potentially we buy some more time for Steve to act. That's the benefit. If we can 'return' the target to the bank after we have what we need, without it being obvious that we tampered with it, then it will take the UWM that much longer to realize it was taken at all.
      If we take everything, they will assume 'the enemy' has that information, one way or another. They won't know when we got it, but they will assume that eventually we got it. Depending on what the target is, that could be the difference between a few days of operational freedom to months of it.

Honestly, we don't want a perfect heist. We want the police and the bank to write a story of a noisy, inelegant, FAILED heist, while we laugh all the way back with the information. That's the ideal case. We should prepare for the 'average' case, which would be that we have to actually take or destroy everything we remove from the bank, but be able to execute on the best case plan. The requirements are not too different. We need to disappear in either case, to give us time to find and confirm the target. After that, if we feel we can 'return' the target, we execute that plan. Otherwise, we scuttle everything and leave without reappearing.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2015, 02:11:39 pm »

"If we take everything then they will write it off as a robbery, that's why we are here, remember? They won't know who took it. I remember Steve saying he doesn't know what the target box contains, it may be papers, it may be hard disks or photos. As long as we don't know exactly what it will contain we must consider it as something we cannot leave behind and this leads to point where we need to get all other loot safely to the Sword.

Failed robbery is something where perpetrators are caught. We cannot be caught. We will NOT be caught. If only loot is returned but no perpetrators caught it will look very odd and will only rise questions. Framing someone else for it is very short term solution because it will quickly become clear they didn't do it. Buying someone to take blame is also risky. Because can you really trust them to do what they were paid for? No, you can't. They may rattle as soon as they are caught or police may find out about their sudden fortune. Your plan has so many points of failures it makes me shudder. You are too optimistic.

We may not want perfect heist, but we DO want a successful one, one that police cannot solve."
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2015, 10:58:09 am »

How the disappearance looked like. Did it just cease to be, did Timmy or his kind pay a visit or did some odd otherwordly effect happen?

Check the phishing site, did we got some credentials? If yes then use them to connect to the bank site and (somehow) look for connection to the back-end systems. Then (somehow) try to obtain higher level permissions and make a backdoor that can be used without stolen credentials.
If my hacking is successful at this point, then look up for a list of people who have rented a safety box. Does name of Mr. Smith appear here? What else I have access to?

Oh, and route all traffic through the proxy server for all this.

It just sort of ceases to be; no fan fare, no special call outs, just poof.

You use one of the stolen password-name combos to get into the site. Anything more then that proves impossible, however, as your brain is suddenly full of runtime errors.

Manual Control. Less complicated/chance to do something...unexpected. Oh, and guess go ahead and assemble it(with the help)
Keep on helping Michael
One frame covered in bungee cords it is. You manage to throw it together no problem.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2015, 01:44:33 pm »

"Argh, my head! Damn code in my head. Skylar! Did you use that machine of yours on me?!"

Try again.
Ask Steve if our flight out of town can leave at night or is there any restrictions to entering the airport.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:16:31 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2015, 01:55:14 pm »

"Well, not the most professional work, but it looks like it'll do just fine. Now, how to stash this near the bank without attracting attention?" Discreetly rent a moving truck and a tarp to cover this contraption and transport it back to the apartment. First though, make sure my homemade namite works by taking a sample, putting it on the concrete, moving anything flammable back a good distance, and lighting it(also make sure this won't set off any sprinklers or fire alarms)

Namite makings were ordered here, as part of this thing's self destruct, in case you forgot

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:29:02 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2015, 01:12:06 am »

Yup. Keep helping Michael because I'm an unimaginative sort. Be his gopher(go getter) person for now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2015, 01:14:55 pm »

"I'll be rambling again about the plan. To hide association of our public alter ego, we should go camping a night before our raid. Make a camp, set up it nicely, have a good time and then leave it all behind. Even our car. "We", the rich tourists, will simply disappear.

The escape car should be a small truck. Maybe something suitable for moving services. Or a big van, painted as a BAM Services car. Actually that would the best choice. Nobody ever sees janitors."

((Hey lads. I made a step by step plan. Take a look and evaluate. As it is case with all plans we will adapt it when situation changes.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:03:37 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40