Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77810 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2015, 01:02:01 am »

"Alright, I think it's time to let steve know what the plan is so far."

Email Steve with the current plan as Michael knows it:
1)Under the cover of darkness, either use a fake cleaning crew or simply dodge cameras to gain access. Disable guards.
2)Preferably bypass security and hack open the vault, but failing that use previously bought laser rig to cut through
3)Storm money storage and safty deposit boxes, find what we need and grab a bit of cash at the same time.
4)Hopefully, we've done this stealthily enough/fast enough to dodge police on the way out. However, bombs, guns, and fast getaway car is on standby to provide distraction in case we need to make a more noisy exit.
5)We egress the city and hucker down until the heat is off, then make our way to extraction point.

(Feel free to correct any of this I may have gotten wrong)

Does this seem right to everyone?
(8We may not have agreement about details, but this should be basic structure of the plan, yes. At least in my head.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2015, 01:22:05 am »

Order a set of good body armor, and a light machine gun if possible. The reason behind this would be if we need a full-on distraction, it may involve having to engage in a sustained shootout with the police for a time.

"When we pull this off, do you want me to come inside with you guys or wait outside in the drivers seat?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2015, 02:58:39 am »

"I'd say drivers seat of our van, wouldn't hurt to keep the engine warm so to speak. Maybe just look like you're napping in there?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:25 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Outside

I didn't account for disassembly...

Can I just use strength to break the panel without causing alert? If yes then I rather do that. Otherwise I'm going to be boring and not take a risk with my -2 penalty and high tail it back to the apartment by some obscure path.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2015, 02:39:34 am »

(( Yup, the basic plan looks right. :P ))

... Garbage in, garbage out... keep me appraised if something goes wrong...

Undo the garbage, try again: Hunting the bank security radio frequency / keys

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2015, 12:49:55 pm »

ETA on mining laser and parts for the rig? Michael bought these a couple turns ago, and they'll be needed if we need to brute force our way into the vault.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2015, 12:53:59 pm »

((Looks right to me))

Remember what the vault door looked like, anything odd about it? Was it kinda sparkly? Also, order some small pistol paintball guns. For obscuring the cameras of course. And one last thing, look into getting ski masks, bullet proof vest to wear under our disguises, and small pistols, easily concealable under our disguises but with good stopping power with 2 extra mags each, plus ammo. Think something along the lines of a S&W M&P Shield .40 cal. or similar.
It didn't look odd. Just looked like a door. Not sparkly either. Paint ball guns ordered.

Ski masks and bullet resistant vests ordered, but didn't you guys bring weapons with you when you went down? Could have sworn you had a briefcase of the things.

Order a set of good body armor, and a light machine gun if possible. The reason behind this would be if we need a full-on distraction, it may involve having to engage in a sustained shootout with the police for a time.

"When we pull this off, do you want me to come inside with you guys or wait outside in the drivers seat?"
Swat level body armor and a MP5 equivalent ordered.

I didn't account for disassembly...

Can I just use strength to break the panel without causing alert? If yes then I rather do that. Otherwise I'm going to be boring and not take a risk with my -2 penalty and high tail it back to the apartment by some obscure path.

Hmmm. Not a robot...strength is nothing special...no pry bar or equivalent...As of right now, you can't. You can't pry open a screwed down metal panel with bare human hands. If you can find a crowbar or really anything to jam in there and get some leverage, then you can at least try the roll.

(( Yup, the basic plan looks right. :P ))

... Garbage in, garbage out... keep me appraised if something goes wrong...

Undo the garbage, try again: Hunting the bank security radio frequency / keys

[5+1+1]

Finding their frequencies is easy, it's like finding a screaming man in a well lit room. Not causing all their radios to squeal loudly and screech out the dial up tone as you connect? Not so easy.

ETA on mining laser and parts for the rig? Michael bought these a couple turns ago, and they'll be needed if we need to brute force our way into the vault.
If they were bought a day ago they're here. Or more then likely at the warehouse since a giant box and a bunch of hardware arriving here would be a bit obvious.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2015, 12:54:35 pm »

Tis about 3am now.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2015, 01:00:47 pm »

If they were bought a day ago they're here. Or more then likely at the warehouse since a giant box and a bunch of hardware arriving here would be a bit obvious.

(Well, if it's 3am then they'll be at the warehouse when Michael sacks out for 6 hours if I don't have my days mixed up)

A huge Yawn erupts on Michael's face and he looks at the time. Wow, it's this late already?

Sack out for about six hours or so, then eat a good breakfast and head to the warehouse
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 17, 2015, 12:00:39 am »

Go to bed, sleep for a good seven hours. I double checked the wiki, and it looks like we have six revolvers plus ammo, but I think D'usse was planning on strapping all of those to her. Could I still get those other concealable pistols plus ammo?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2015, 02:41:27 am »

How about those cutters I bought? If I'm supposed to be able break locks from safety boxes with those then surely I can cut some screws and metal with them?
If I can't use those then I'll go home and sleep.

Actually, considering all demonic screeching Skylar emitted into their radios and the fact that additional camera destruction might be incoming it would be pretty good idea to just fuck off from this neighbourhood. Sleep once safely at home.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:46:36 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2015, 04:56:39 am »

... One day. One day this machine will be the happy little passive listening station I want it to be... at least until I ask it to be a ruthless killing machine.

Check the connection, make sure the system is passively monitoring now and that the guards don't seem concerned. Then setup something to record the radio and head to bed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #312 on: January 19, 2015, 04:33:16 pm »

(Well, if it's 3am then they'll be at the warehouse when Michael sacks out for 6 hours if I don't have my days mixed up)

A huge Yawn erupts on Michael's face and he looks at the time. Wow, it's this late already?

Sack out for about six hours or so, then eat a good breakfast and head to the warehouse
Everyone else is just going to bed as their last action, so to keep us all together, just do those other actions next turn, when you all wake up.

Go to bed, sleep for a good seven hours. I double checked the wiki, and it looks like we have six revolvers plus ammo, but I think D'usse was planning on strapping all of those to her. Could I still get those other concealable pistols plus ammo?
Alright, we'll put in an order for them.  It will be here tomorrow evening.

How about those cutters I bought? If I'm supposed to be able break locks from safety boxes with those then surely I can cut some screws and metal with them?
If I can't use those then I'll go home and sleep.

Actually, considering all demonic screeching Skylar emitted into their radios and the fact that additional camera destruction might be incoming it would be pretty good idea to just fuck off from this neighbourhood. Sleep once safely at home.

Probably a wise choice.

... One day. One day this machine will be the happy little passive listening station I want it to be... at least until I ask it to be a ruthless killing machine.

Check the connection, make sure the system is passively monitoring now and that the guards don't seem concerned. Then setup something to record the radio and head to bed.
It certainly seems to be recording alright, so you head to bed.

Alright, we'll assume you all sleep a good 6-7 hours and wake up at 9am. We'll also assume you eat breakfast and do the usual stuff to get ready in the morning, to save time.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 19, 2015, 05:17:09 pm »

Michael heads to the warehouse to check on the cutting laser. Assuming it has arrived in one piece, he then plans out the mobile rig to hold it(charge handi). The rig should have the ability to swing the laser up and down as well as side to side, letting us at least cut a square hole in the vault.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2015, 02:54:18 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

Watch through all records the minicamera I set up long time ago has recorded. Especially the moment the when camera ceased to be (which one it was btw?), and how the hired vandalism performed.

I suppose now is good time to start talking about the plan, guys.

Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40