Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77792 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2015, 02:06:55 am »

Skylar doesn't look away from the screens, and tilts his head oddly as he talks. Huh. Interesting. Good to know! I guess I won't try to fix that, it's reappearance will be more alarming... they'll write that one off pretty easy. No more edits though... not until I've got more of the system scoped out.... Alright, range... Yeah, give me a second and I'll let you know how far in I can get. And where. I'll start with the bank, then maybe poke some of the other buildings.

He pauses for a minute and looks around the apartment.
You.. err... we may want to be ready to move in. If I do something wrong to alert them, they'll search for us. We need to be ready to push our advantage fast, or we'll just get swept up in a search. Are we ready for that?

Alright, thanks for the context PW. I went a little broader than I should have :P

Start sifting through my available access.
Particular targets: Security console & alarms, internal servers & network, and door controls (both ground floor and basement level doors)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2015, 02:28:16 am »

"Hold that thought, if we need to move quick we'll need my party favors. I'll be right back."

Quickly get in the car and go to the warehouse to grab the drones and bombs, and bring them back in case we need to move.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2015, 04:35:46 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Outside

((@Kriellya: Try targeting something else than bank, less consequences that way. How about Mr Smith building?
@renegadelobster: It's 11pm now. Bank are rarely open that late.))

Put gloves on and go to the ATMs at the bank. Pull out the laptop, plug it in with connector cables (hopefully there's port for it) and start hacking. What do I have access to?
If the guard is still outside then just scrap hacking action above and just pretend doing something normal.

Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2015, 12:57:46 pm »

((Ah, didn't realize the time, thanks))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 11, 2015, 03:04:24 am »

((@Kriellya: Try targeting something else than bank, less consequences that way. How about Mr Smith building?

(( Thinking about taking a peek at one of the civie buildings instead. The Mr. Smith building seems like a poor choice. The bank will get a search party brought down at us if they think they are under attack. We can conceivably deal with that. The Mr. Smith building... well, it might just get the wrath of god brought down upon us for all we know.

I'm reasonably comfortable examining the bank now. Well, as reasonably comfortable as I would be with walking up to that ATM with a laptop :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2015, 02:18:17 pm »

Thaddeus heads back inside after seeing the lack of camera and the confused guard, " Hey Skylar? You uh, actually did delete the camera. And there is now a very confused guard out there looking at where it used to be. Anything else around us, bank or otherwise, you can have a peek at with your god machine there?" Use the cam-eyes to see how everyone in the bank is reacting to the sudden disappearance of the camera. After that, help Skylar with anything if he needs it.

((So, pw also said that you also deleted the internal systen that detects movement. This could be extremely helpful to us, if we act upon it before it's noticed.))
The internal system of the camera. Skylar was messing with the CAMERA and in attempting to delete some code in the CAMERA he ended up accidentally deleting the CAMERA.

So far the only reaction you can see is one confused guard talking to someone else on his radio.

@PW: Would it suffice for Steve that the car D'usse is ordering would be specifically for the escape, compared to the bulkier and less agile car previously given to us?
Are you guys planning to need a fast getaway car? Because it seems like the rest of the team wants to go stealthy.

Before steve authorizes any more large expenditures he wants an overview of exactly what the plan is at this point, even if it's just a work in progress.

Skylar doesn't look away from the screens, and tilts his head oddly as he talks. Huh. Interesting. Good to know! I guess I won't try to fix that, it's reappearance will be more alarming... they'll write that one off pretty easy. No more edits though... not until I've got more of the system scoped out.... Alright, range... Yeah, give me a second and I'll let you know how far in I can get. And where. I'll start with the bank, then maybe poke some of the other buildings.

He pauses for a minute and looks around the apartment.
You.. err... we may want to be ready to move in. If I do something wrong to alert them, they'll search for us. We need to be ready to push our advantage fast, or we'll just get swept up in a search. Are we ready for that?

Alright, thanks for the context PW. I went a little broader than I should have :P

Start sifting through my available access.
Particular targets: Security console & alarms, internal servers & network, and door controls (both ground floor and basement level doors)

[6+2]

Let's see, let's see, let's see. Alarms are available, they've got wireless transmitters to the police so you can get in there. Internal servers aren't wireless but you don't need a wireless signal to get to them, just have to connect up to a nearby phone, modify it to connect to the server via landline, and your in. Door controls...ah, well they're electronic but they're not wireless. You can see'em there, flicker of blueish fire in the basement, with the handful of golden lines connecting it to the machinery to open the doors. Hmm. You also see the blue flames of other things; you're fairly certain those networks there are synapses, probably of the guards. You might be able to use one of them to open an analog connection to the locking mechanisms, though it would be quite messy.

"Hold that thought, if we need to move quick we'll need my party favors. I'll be right back."

Quickly get in the car and go to the warehouse to grab the drones and bombs, and bring them back in case we need to move.
Done and done.

Put gloves on and go to the ATMs at the bank. Pull out the laptop, plug it in with connector cables (hopefully there's port for it) and start hacking. What do I have access to?
If the guard is still outside then just scrap hacking action above and just pretend doing something normal.

Gonna give you a wait on that one since the guard is still around. We'll just have you continue to drink coffee at this very convenient 24 hour cafe.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2015, 02:35:43 pm »

((All right, then we just try again later. Very convenient cafe. Can we say I studied more programming while waiting?
And Kriellya: Holy hell...))

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2015, 06:47:35 pm »

(( Oh no. Ohhhhh noooo. Now I've done it. Also, the hell is with these 6+2's XD
I mean, I only have a 40% chance of getting a 6 or higher :P ))

Alright... camera access, alarm access... looks like they wirelessly notify police, those will need to go down... and... a bypass for the internal servers!
Doesn't look like I have door access, though I see an analog bypass I could try... Must be a fully isolated system. Good practice, but it means I won't be able to just pop it open or add ourselves credentials.

He stops briefly to take down more notes on various surfaces without much rhyme or reason, then nods at the notes and turns to Thaddeus.

Alright... as long as that guard doesn't raise too much of an alarm... though I might be able to deal wit-- OH! Radio access! I should check that... will also tell us if I need to get involved with that guard...He whips back to the screen, types a few commands, and quickly turns back. Uhh, anyway, I think this machine will give us the control part of this equation, and it may help with the access. Though it might allow us to get enough control that we really could just cut those doors down...

I'm thinking our working plan with this tool is going to be to disable everything we can remotely just before our attack, with the possible exception of the exterior cameras, so we can put on a bit of a show. Then have a couple of us walk in with the equipment we need to remove the safe deposit door and possibly take down the guards. I... may be able to take them down remotely, but it could be messy and unreliable...
He glances briefly at the screens. We may want to test it, but I'm not sure. Depends on our remaining prep time. We'll definitely want to go in capable of taking them down. Even if this goes perfectly, it can't look too clean. It will attract the wrong sort of attention. We'll need to shoot or disable most of the guards physically, even if I can disable them remotely.

For the door, we have possibilities, but no plan. If we get enough control, we can spend a few hours cutting the doors down. It's also possible that I could get one of the guards to open it for us, but the necessary credentials might not be on-site during the night shift, and the door may be time-locked. With internal server access, I may also be able to find out more about that door, including the modifications, which could help us in getting it open. Honestly, I think this is our biggest open question. The easiest one to verify would be cutting our away in, we just need some of the doors and some options for cutting tools to check the time. Steve should be able to help. Hell, he might be willing to simulate it for us and just tell us what we need...

If all goes well, we can just walk out. A get-away car would be good for show, and allow us to slip away. If we could get a self-driving one, we could have it wander around town with the loot after we have what we need. Maybe even deliver it to a local gang to shed some blame and allow the cops and bank to write their own story for the UWM.

When do you think we can be ready? I feel like this machine is going to burn a hole in our pocket, so to speak.
He suddenly looks around the room, as if suddenly and briefly aware of the scope of the device. ...We should probably also be ready to scuttle this in a hurry... if it comes to that...

Pick up on the Bank security radio, using the guard's conversation about the missing camera as a focal point if there's a lot of noise.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:52:57 pm by Kriellya »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2015, 07:09:23 pm »

((Just a reminder that you're supposed to make this look like a normal robbery in order to deflect suspicion from the ARM. So you should probably limit your reality bending to the minimum necessary. Same as using an amp, really.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2015, 07:42:35 pm »

((Or just try and become God instead :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2015, 08:40:00 pm »

((Just a reminder that you're supposed to make this look like a normal robbery in order to deflect suspicion from the ARM. So you should probably limit your reality bending to the minimum necessary. Same as using an amp, really.))

(( That's the point of the show! As long as all the guards get shot with a bullet, it won't be quite so obvious that something else took them out. The rest of it will hopefully look like a sophisticated systems attack, not space magic. I'm not planning to delete all the alarms from existance. Hopefully. I figure we bring enough explosives to bring the bank down, just in case I accidentally do :P ))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »

"Alright, I think it's time to let steve know what the plan is so far."

Email Steve with the current plan as Michael knows it:
1)Under the cover of darkness, either use a fake cleaning crew or simply dodge cameras to gain access. Disable guards.
2)Preferably bypass security and hack open the vault, but failing that use previously bought laser rig to cut through
3)Storm money storage and safty deposit boxes, find what we need and grab a bit of cash at the same time.
4)Hopefully, we've done this stealthily enough/fast enough to dodge police on the way out. However, bombs, guns, and fast getaway car is on standby to provide distraction in case we need to make a more noisy exit.
5)We egress the city and hucker down until the heat is off, then make our way to extraction point.

(Feel free to correct any of this I may have gotten wrong)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2015, 01:03:29 pm »

Spoiler: Extraneous text (click to show/hide)

"Ugh." Milno rubs the back of his head and sighs as he takes a shower. After leaving the bathroom, he takes a moment to rub his face as he once again spots the whole tangle of stuff that makes up Skylar's super computer.

In case we still don't have tranq guns, then acquire them with the hunting business front. We may need those for disabling guards and/or civilians without much of a mess.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2015, 05:18:19 pm »

((All right, then we just try again later. Very convenient cafe. Can we say I studied more programming while waiting?
And Kriellya: Holy hell...))

The guard has gone in and luckily the deletion of the camera actually puts you in a good place for this, however there is one thing: You're gonna need to disassemble the thing ever so slightly to get to the access point; they've hidden it behind a panel. And thats a handiwork roll.

(( Oh no. Ohhhhh noooo. Now I've done it. Also, the hell is with these 6+2's XD
I mean, I only have a 40% chance of getting a 6 or higher :P ))

Alright... camera access, alarm access... looks like they wirelessly notify police, those will need to go down... and... a bypass for the internal servers!
Doesn't look like I have door access, though I see an analog bypass I could try... Must be a fully isolated system. Good practice, but it means I won't be able to just pop it open or add ourselves credentials.

He stops briefly to take down more notes on various surfaces without much rhyme or reason, then nods at the notes and turns to Thaddeus.

Alright... as long as that guard doesn't raise too much of an alarm... though I might be able to deal wit-- OH! Radio access! I should check that... will also tell us if I need to get involved with that guard...He whips back to the screen, types a few commands, and quickly turns back. Uhh, anyway, I think this machine will give us the control part of this equation, and it may help with the access. Though it might allow us to get enough control that we really could just cut those doors down...

I'm thinking our working plan with this tool is going to be to disable everything we can remotely just before our attack, with the possible exception of the exterior cameras, so we can put on a bit of a show. Then have a couple of us walk in with the equipment we need to remove the safe deposit door and possibly take down the guards. I... may be able to take them down remotely, but it could be messy and unreliable...
He glances briefly at the screens. We may want to test it, but I'm not sure. Depends on our remaining prep time. We'll definitely want to go in capable of taking them down. Even if this goes perfectly, it can't look too clean. It will attract the wrong sort of attention. We'll need to shoot or disable most of the guards physically, even if I can disable them remotely.

For the door, we have possibilities, but no plan. If we get enough control, we can spend a few hours cutting the doors down. It's also possible that I could get one of the guards to open it for us, but the necessary credentials might not be on-site during the night shift, and the door may be time-locked. With internal server access, I may also be able to find out more about that door, including the modifications, which could help us in getting it open. Honestly, I think this is our biggest open question. The easiest one to verify would be cutting our away in, we just need some of the doors and some options for cutting tools to check the time. Steve should be able to help. Hell, he might be willing to simulate it for us and just tell us what we need...

If all goes well, we can just walk out. A get-away car would be good for show, and allow us to slip away. If we could get a self-driving one, we could have it wander around town with the loot after we have what we need. Maybe even deliver it to a local gang to shed some blame and allow the cops and bank to write their own story for the UWM.

When do you think we can be ready? I feel like this machine is going to burn a hole in our pocket, so to speak.
He suddenly looks around the room, as if suddenly and briefly aware of the scope of the device. ...We should probably also be ready to scuttle this in a hurry... if it comes to that...

Pick up on the Bank security radio, using the guard's conversation about the missing camera as a focal point if there's a lot of noise.

You do that thing where you have your fingers shifted one button over from where they're supposed to be so the typing you're doing comes out as an unintelligible mess which the pc vomits back out at you with a syntax error.

Spoiler: Extraneous text (click to show/hide)

"Ugh." Milno rubs the back of his head and sighs as he takes a shower. After leaving the bathroom, he takes a moment to rub his face as he once again spots the whole tangle of stuff that makes up Skylar's super computer.

In case we still don't have tranq guns, then acquire them with the hunting business front. We may need those for disabling guards and/or civilians without much of a mess.
You've got em.

"Alright, I think it's time to let steve know what the plan is so far."

Email Steve with the current plan as Michael knows it:
1)Under the cover of darkness, either use a fake cleaning crew or simply dodge cameras to gain access. Disable guards.
2)Preferably bypass security and hack open the vault, but failing that use previously bought laser rig to cut through
3)Storm money storage and safty deposit boxes, find what we need and grab a bit of cash at the same time.
4)Hopefully, we've done this stealthily enough/fast enough to dodge police on the way out. However, bombs, guns, and fast getaway car is on standby to provide distraction in case we need to make a more noisy exit.
5)We egress the city and hucker down until the heat is off, then make our way to extraction point.

(Feel free to correct any of this I may have gotten wrong)

Does this seem right to everyone?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2015, 11:24:48 pm »

((Looks right to me))

Remember what the vault door looked like, anything odd about it? Was it kinda sparkly? Also, order some small pistol paintball guns. For obscuring the cameras of course. And one last thing, look into getting ski masks, bullet proof vest to wear under our disguises, and small pistols, easily concealable under our disguises but with good stopping power with 2 extra mags each, plus ammo. Think something along the lines of a S&W M&P Shield .40 cal. or similar.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40