Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77928 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

While waiting for suitable time for hacking ATMs there is another thing I would like to try. The bank offers a way for customers to check balance of their account on internet, right?
If yes then there exists a connection between internet and bank's internal systems and I can execute the plan below.
If not... then wonder if it would be sane idea to walk Mr. Smith building and ask directly if they will become a problem in next three weeks. Play with other possible more sane ideas as well.

Spoiler: "Plan" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Indeed they do.
You set up a phishing server to steal the credentials of someone attempting to access the bank, however it will probably take a bit to get some bites, so to speak.

I'd say by morning you should have at least a few identities you can use.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2015, 06:45:30 am »

((I think I might as well assign simple actions for people who are not around...))
Skylar and Michael can go get our orders from lobby or wherever those arrive. These are probably arrived by now:
*Similar uniforms to the city workmen and the janitors
*2 pairs of SAP gloves for everyone
*Paint for painting trucks to look like BAM Services trucks
*Some equipment for picking up, amplifying, and potentially decrypting radio signals. Was it fractal antenna and something?
*D'usse's assault rifle?

Me on the other hand wonder if it would be sane idea to walk Mr. Smith building and ask directly if they will become a problem in next three weeks. Also play with other possible more sane ideas as well.

Ask Steve to hire someone to vandalize(break) bank cameras on north-west corner and some additional camera breaking vandalism on area to disguise actual target. This activity should be scheduled for next night if possible. This should provide Skylar good test for his radio snooping activities and measure police response time if they even react.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:57:14 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2015, 10:47:21 pm »

((Yo, I was out for a bit. Housing issues and all that. Could I get a quick rundown on the current situation? I'll get myself reoriented and back to helping out best I can afterwards.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2015, 11:37:47 pm »

((Yo, I was out for a bit. Housing issues and all that. Could I get a quick rundown on the current situation? I'll get myself reoriented and back to helping out best I can afterwards.))
((We visited the safety box room. That's only exciting thing we have done. Just more scouting.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2015, 12:23:47 am »

((We visited the safety box room. That's only exciting thing we have done. Just more scouting.))

((How do you feel about D'usse being the driver? That's why I've had her get the car and rifle and everything, if it can work into your plan.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:30 am »

((How do you feel about D'usse being the driver? That's why I've had her get the car and rifle and everything, if it can work into your plan.))
((We don't have designated driver yet, but whoever is gonna take that role should be very familiar with chosen escape routes.))
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: January 05, 2015, 02:57:14 pm »

((I think I might as well assign simple actions for people who are not around...))
Skylar and Michael can go get our orders from lobby or wherever those arrive. These are probably arrived by now:
*Similar uniforms to the city workmen and the janitors
*2 pairs of SAP gloves for everyone
*Paint for painting trucks to look like BAM Services trucks
*Some equipment for picking up, amplifying, and potentially decrypting radio signals. Was it fractal antenna and something?
*D'usse's assault rifle?

Me on the other hand wonder if it would be sane idea to walk Mr. Smith building and ask directly if they will become a problem in next three weeks. Also play with other possible more sane ideas as well.

Ask Steve to hire someone to vandalize(break) bank cameras on north-west corner and some additional camera breaking vandalism on area to disguise actual target. This activity should be scheduled for next night if possible. This should provide Skylar good test for his radio snooping activities and measure police response time if they even react.

You got all that stuff, yep.

Sane? Well, you clearly understand that there might be consequences so I suppose it's sane.  However, if it's a GOOD idea is something else entirely.

Hiring. You want them smashed or just rendered inoperable for the time being? Ie spray painted over or something similar. 

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »

I imagine the cameras on the bank are quite high so stoning those would made more sense. If cameras can be easily sprayed over then it should preferred option, but I would like some occasional smashing mixed in as well. If I'm correct now should be basically Friday, right? The day before weekend? Perfect excuse for drunken vandalism, assuming Friday-night drinking parties are customary on this planet.

What does my instincts have to say about Mr Smith and his apartment? Besides the fact they are possibly very dangerous?

One of the Stockman doors in vaults had name of the company laser etched on it. That could mean the doors are not laser resistant. Remember: Did the doors have sparkly quality, like it's mixed with glitter or metal flakes?

((Since Kri said earlier his character can be commanded for research, I'll do just that. I don't like this at all but god damn it, I can't do everything alone...))
Skylar action: Set up the radio equipment inside the apartment as much as possible, including antenna. Test it and try to identify signals from bank and/or police. Regardless results, go to the apartment rootop and find good spot for antenna. How much equipment must be carried up here in addition of antenna? Ensure that rooftop door can be opened when night comes and can be locked so no one can interfere.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:13:02 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2015, 11:00:14 pm »

Wake up in apartment from junk food induced coma.

"...ugh....where is....who?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2015, 02:36:59 pm »

Wake up in apartment from junk food induced coma.

"...ugh....where is....who?"

You wake up half covered empty snack packages, coated in some sort of sticky substance and reeking of Doritos.

Oh god, did you wander into another D&D orgy? Roll to check your orifices for d20's.

I imagine the cameras on the bank are quite high so stoning those would made more sense. If cameras can be easily sprayed over then it should preferred option, but I would like some occasional smashing mixed in as well. If I'm correct now should be basically Friday, right? The day before weekend? Perfect excuse for drunken vandalism, assuming Friday-night drinking parties are customary on this planet.

What does my instincts have to say about Mr Smith and his apartment? Besides the fact they are possibly very dangerous?

One of the Stockman doors in vaults had name of the company laser etched on it. That could mean the doors are not laser resistant. Remember: Did the doors have sparkly quality, like it's mixed with glitter or metal flakes?

((Since Kri said earlier his character can be commanded for research, I'll do just that. I don't like this at all but god damn it, I can't do everything alone...))
Skylar action: Set up the radio equipment inside the apartment as much as possible, including antenna. Test it and try to identify signals from bank and/or police. Regardless results, go to the apartment rootop and find good spot for antenna. How much equipment must be carried up here in addition of antenna? Ensure that rooftop door can be opened when night comes and can be locked so no one can interfere.

Whatever happened to Kri anyways? He just sort of vanished.

Sure. I was thinking paint ball guns but we can just smash em up too. Would take longer to repair, after all.

Hmm your instincts say...Aliens. Gotta be aliens. Alien shape shifters here to steal the planet's jobs and eventually outsource all labor to their great intergalactic call center somewhere off Andromeda.

You don't remember them looking sparkly; they just looked like normal metal. Hell, they weren't even polished.

You tell Skylar to set things up and then go off and do your own stuff for a while. [6+1+1] Eventually you stop working because your computer screen is starting to warp slightly, as though degaussing and you're pretty sure you can hear wifi in the air. You come out into the main living room and find that it has been almost completely coated in cables, wires and adhoc antennae. There are clear containers of water being sucked into some sort of cooling system over in the kitchen, stacks of external drives and what looks like a cobbled together sever spread in individual pieces across the kitchen counter. Cables as thick as your arm criss cross the floor and a bank of monitors has been set up over next to the windows, where Skylar is busily tapping away, bathed in green light from the displays. You can taste copper and you're pretty sure you can see bits of saint elmo's fire occasionally erupting from pointed or sharp objects in the apartment.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2015, 03:43:41 pm »

Oops, mispost. Will replace tomorrow.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2015, 09:04:00 pm »

(Back from my mom's. I would have posted from there actually, but the only computer I had access to was old enough to be basically steam-powered)

Michael wakes from his daze and sees what he can help with
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 06, 2015, 10:14:51 pm »

Ick. Shower. Check if car and rifle ever arrived.
"Ulrich, you want me to scout out escape routes? And what's our destination, how are we leaving?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2015, 11:44:37 pm »

"We did look few on the map, but someone has to actually test them. If you feel like driving then go ahead with it."

((Your rifle has arrived. You were buying car when you stopped posting last time so I don't know about that.))
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2015, 05:41:12 am »

(( Apologies for the disappearance. I got... distracted, and then I went on a vacation without internet around when I got undistracted. ))

Skylar's gaze flicks between the screens as he works, mumbling about building bridges across empty space and making doors out of solid walls, idly tuning various pieces of equipment and watching the response. Eventually, an egg timer deep in the mass of computers goes off.
Ah! Finally. Alright, let's see what we can do...

Explore the machine I've built. See what it can do. Remain oblivious to the effect it is having on other electronics until someone informs me of it :P

Avoid finding God, but mark his position in the machine clearly. For future reference.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40