Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78069 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2014, 01:59:25 pm »

((Er, oops. Forgot to bold.))

Talk to Steve:

"Well honestly, I believe it would mostly be used as a backup plan. I mean, we could use a local shop for most of the small things, mostly the tuning up. It would be easy to write that off as a rich guy trying to get the most bang for his buck. The other shop would be for when it looks like brute force is going to be our method, then we would use it. Obviously, I'm sure you would prefer we not do that, but it would improve our chances of successfully escaping. If need be, don't set it up until we actually do need it. I was just trying to see if it was possible and feasible. Please don't shock me for my possibly stupid idea."
>Get a solid plan together before you start doing stuff like that. The money isn't important, I'm just adding zeros to a bank account anyways, but every store front, every expenditure, every step out into the world is another chance for it to be traced back to us. I don't want to have you build a souped up spy truck only to leave it sitting behind in the parking lot, raising eyebrows and questions.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

Review what minicamera recorded if there's anything new interesting. Delete uninteresting records.
Purchase 2 pairs of gloves for everyone through our personal store, because it's not a good idea to leave fingerprints.
Cook a dinner for the team, enjoy the food, watch tv and relax. Maybe nice warm shower.

"Let's take a break. The bank will be there tomorrow."

Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You want those to be gloves, as in cold weather gear, or gloves as in neoprene blue medical gloves that don't leave fingerprints or fibers?

We'll assume you watch the footage while preparing dinner, see nothing new, and then pass the food out to everyone before putting your feet up and watching some local tv. Not much on, but they have a sitcom about girls turning into mermaids if they touch water and it's just cheesy enough to be amusing without being too painful.

With Party Favors assembled and misdirections installed, Michael decides to make something to eat, watch the bank and other buildings for a while, then hit the hay.
Hey, someone already cooked for you. Fancy that.

You sit out on the balcony and watch the bank and the street while eating. Nothing out of the ordinary happens, just the standard goings on of the increasingly sparse number of civies wandering around in the increasingly dark night. The street lamps blink on and the street goes from barely visible dark blue to painfully over exposed white yellow. You yawn, shrug and head for bed.

Do some research on the city workmen: road crews, utilities, etc.
Find and purchase from our fronts suitably similar uniforms to the city workmen and the janitors we saw this morning if possible.

If we get to sleepy time, set an alarm to get up ~6 and watch for the cleaning crew again.

What kinda research?

Consider them bought and in the mail.

You decide to stay up a little longer, to get this research done.

Buy cover layer of clothing to put over the normal layer, maybe a jacket set or a totally-not-suspicious trenchcoat? Then see if the guns are still visible when they're taped to the first layer.
Jacket hides it, but makes the removable clothing harder to remove, obviously. Need to remove the jacket first, and that reveals the gun and...oh it's just a mess.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2014, 04:30:31 pm »

"Er, right. Thanks."

Watch the bank till it gets dark. Then, go on the northern side, in the alley between the clothing store and the bookstore, use the different cam-eye modes to observe the bank from a different angle. Watch for several hours. Set an alarm to get up at 8 am.

"Hey guys? I had an idea. So, I could use my amp to melt something important in the bank, probably something electrical, and if we could somehow figure out which company they'll use, put ourselves in the system, I bet they'll let us work at night with almost unrestricted access around the bank. Might have to use something to get down below though."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:36:24 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2014, 09:04:51 pm »

Dream I'm a zillionare on his own private planet.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2014, 10:12:51 am »

You want those to be gloves, as in cold weather gear, or gloves as in neoprene blue medical gloves that don't leave fingerprints or fibers?
((Something like this http://milspecmonkey.com/gloves/511-tac-a-glove-gun1.jpg.))

"Thaddeus, you have those cameyes, right? How about during the night you go to the northern alley and take a good look at the bank from up close? There's a little space between clothing store and book store that doesn't have any cameras, you can use it to get near unnoticed. You could get really good view how the nightwatch patrols, and perhaps proper look at empoyee and repository doors if there's anything we didn't notice before."

"Hey girl, what are you planning with that ridiculous get-up?"

Sleepy time.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:18:38 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2014, 02:15:53 pm »

Purchase Assault Rifle.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2014, 04:26:54 pm »

"Eh? Alright, give me a bit."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2014, 03:33:22 am »

@Research
Uniforms, scheduled work, utility services for the area, that kind of thing.

Hmm... fair idea, but it might attract too much of the wrong attention. If you could get it really precise, so that it looked like a short or a blown capacitor or fuse to the untrained eye, maybe. But anything much bigger is going to be really suspicious, and might attract attention.

Say, don't you need to be at the bank tomorrow morning? Take a quick look at their patrols and go to bed after you get back from the alley, I'll stare out into the darkness until the janitors get here and then wake you up.

Stay up until the janitors arrive, then wake Thaddeus up and go to bed. Make sure it's the same company, assuming any come today.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:56 am »

Watch the bank till it gets dark. Then, go on the northern side, in the alley between the clothing store and the bookstore, use the different cam-eye modes to observe the bank from a different angle. Stay out till the cleaning crew shows up and leaves, then go to bed. Set an alarm to get up 7 hours later.

"Hey guys? I had an idea. So, I could use my amp to melt something important in the bank, probably something electrical, and if we could somehow figure out which company they'll use, put ourselves in the system, I bet they'll let us work at night with almost unrestricted access around the bank. Might have to use something to get down below though."
((The cleaning crew comes early morning and you and I have roles to play at 10:20 AM. Don't stay more than few hours.))

"It would be great if you could disable locks, but I think it is too risky. Like Skylar said, try breaking something small just before you leave."

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2014, 02:27:21 pm »

"Er, right. Thanks."

Watch the bank till it gets dark. Then, go on the northern side, in the alley between the clothing store and the bookstore, use the different cam-eye modes to observe the bank from a different angle. Watch for several hours. Set an alarm to get up at 8 am.

You watch from the alley for a few hours, not looking like a creeper at all. It is extremely boring and you don't see anything of worth.

Dream I'm a zillionare on his own private planet.
Oh god no more cheese before bed.

((Something like this http://milspecmonkey.com/gloves/511-tac-a-glove-gun1.jpg.))

"Thaddeus, you have those cameyes, right? How about during the night you go to the northern alley and take a good look at the bank from up close? There's a little space between clothing store and book store that doesn't have any cameras, you can use it to get near unnoticed. You could get really good view how the nightwatch patrols, and perhaps proper look at empoyee and repository doors if there's anything we didn't notice before."

"Hey girl, what are you planning with that ridiculous get-up?"

Sleepy time.

Alright. SAP gloves it is.

Purchase Assault Rifle.
Through a front, I assume. It will be here tomorrow evening. In game time.

@Research
Uniforms, scheduled work, utility services for the area, that kind of thing.

Hmm... fair idea, but it might attract too much of the wrong attention. If you could get it really precise, so that it looked like a short or a blown capacitor or fuse to the untrained eye, maybe. But anything much bigger is going to be really suspicious, and might attract attention.

Say, don't you need to be at the bank tomorrow morning? Take a quick look at their patrols and go to bed after you get back from the alley, I'll stare out into the darkness until the janitors get here and then wake you up.

Stay up until the janitors arrive, then wake Thaddeus up and go to bed. Make sure it's the same company, assuming any come today.
You find images of their uniforms, some info about things like garbage pickup, street cleaning, etc.

The janitors arrive early in the morning, remember, so you basically spend the entire night up.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2014, 01:31:44 pm »

Do we have a briefcase to hold our jewelry? If not and stores are open, go buy one. Otherwise keep dreaming.
When do things below arrive?

• Paint for painting trucks to look like BAM Services trucks
  • Similar uniforms to the city workmen and the janitors
  • Gloves

Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2014, 01:00:38 pm »

Do we have a briefcase to hold our jewelry? If not and stores are open, go buy one. Otherwise keep dreaming.
When do things below arrive?

• Paint for painting trucks to look like BAM Services trucks
  • Similar uniforms to the city workmen and the janitors
  • Gloves

We'll assume you have one.

They should all arrive with today's mail in the early afternoon.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2014, 11:52:55 am »

Wake up, make breakfast.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2014, 12:29:07 pm »

Eat breakfast.
Play Bodyguard, Round 2. With all usual precautions. And give begrudgingly my toy gun for guards if they ask for it again. Once we get into vault pay attention to vault door structure, locking mechanism, cameras, defenses, guards, logos or names not belonging to the bank... Take a note what tellers use to open other doors.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:12:02 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2014, 12:42:08 pm »

Get up, get dressed in expensive clothes. Get suitcase and 30k in cash, along with the "sentimental" items from the pawn shop. Put those in the suitcase and head over to the bank 10 minutes before our appointment. When we go into the vault itself, use the cam-eyes to search for the target. Oh, and when putting the items into the safety deposit box huck them in like I don't care about them place them gently like they have significant importance to me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:45:46 pm by renegadelobster »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2014, 12:52:31 pm »

"Once we get into the vault try locate the target with your cameyes. It saves us few precious seconds if we have the location before next visit."
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40