Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78092 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2014, 10:58:38 am »

"I'll do the work, you just give me a hand with the details. I'm...not very good at that kind of thing, I go more for the brute force approach, you know what I mean?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2014, 11:04:17 am »

"Pretty much opposite of me, I see. Well, might as well see what you have cooked up."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2014, 11:14:26 am »

"Thanks man, lets go make some red herrings!"

Addendum, take Ulrich with me back to the warehouse so we can forge some false identifiers on the drones and bombs
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2014, 02:41:46 pm »

Eh, they'll look higher tech once Michael gets back onto the ship(A remote controlled flying bomb that still can stand in for a scout eye sounds pretty useful, and completely in character for him to develop). As for coverups, he'll as the others. Also, an exact count of how many rocket drones and pipe bombs for reference.

Before he leaves though, run a few quick tests on the flight and drive systems, and make sure they're charged and ready to go. When he gets back, run this following conversation:

"Hey guys, I've got a few...party favors, shall we say, for any pursuit if we have to make a more obvious getaway. I need a hand to redirect the cops' investigation if these have to be used."
Lets say 10.

They work fine.

Respond to Steve: "Part of it is to tune-up/modify the engines for more power/speed, which I'm sure any auto shop can do. The main idea is some more, eh, unusual modifications. For example, the truck could also have the suspension beefed up, so that it can better handle any armor that is added to it, bullet proof/resistant windows, and a cow catcher on the front to remove any obstacles that might be in our way. Another couple of unusual modifications are a goop thrower, a neo-therm thrower, probably through nozzles on the back or sides, and probably thermite bricks throughout the whole structure to get rid of them when need be, to leave behind as little evidence as possible."

((Basically, someone mentioned a James Bond car and I liked the idea.
Edit: Forgot to add this, but I was already thinking about armoring up some cars, the goop, neo-therm launchers and whatever extra gadgets were inspired by the James Bond idea.))
I meant what is the plan for how to utilize them. Bond cars are neat and all but Steve wants to know the over all plan before you build an expensive, elaborate get away car and then tunnel in during the night when it's completely unneeded.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

"Party favors? Hmm... How about this: print a serial number or some other tracking number and scratch it away unprofessionally, leaving just enough left for police to get interested while still maintaining illusion of honest effort. Or just engrave some random words on them."

That one alley between the book store and the clothing store; is there any cameras? Is it basically unguarded path to the bank alley? How wide it is?
What kind of buildings are facing the front door of the Smith building? Any cafes or similiar places where one can spend some quality time staring walls observing the front door?

Go see what Michael have made. Feed ideas.

Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You don't see any cameras on a quick walk by.

It's not very wide, only about 4 feet. Seems more like just a space between the buildings then an intentional alley.

They look mostly like store fronts and a doctor's office.  None of them look like the kind of place you could sit for any extended period without looking iffy.

"Thanks man, lets go make some red herrings!"

Addendum, take Ulrich with me back to the warehouse so we can forge some false identifiers on the drones and bombs
Such as? Specifically. Assume you're both back there, but I need specifics.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2014, 03:18:41 pm »

"Hmmm, hey Ulrich, let me sketch out an idea and run it by you. How about this meaningless string if letters and numbers attached to the casing as a fake serial number? And here, we can do a different string to small plates we can stuff inside the casings that'll hopefully survive the blast, leading the police to run them all down and divert their attention."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Warehouse

"That string itself is fine, I think. Better compare it against real serial numbers used around here for increased realism. But those plates... I think you should bolt or weld them on casings and then rip them out violently. If that part of the casing survives then it would give a police hint that something very important was removed and they would waste their efforts trying to figure it out."

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2014, 04:28:31 pm »

"Good idea. I should also add anomalous bits that seem important but aren't to the casings and systems to further throw them off. I guess I should disassemble these, add the false clues, and reassemble them. Food thing I didn't add any anti-tamper devices to these, or I'd blow myself sky high trying to make modifications!"

Check the random number and letter strings against real world serial numbers to make sure they seem authentic(adjust as needed), then find some small metal plates and etch the number strings onto them, which then will be inexpertly etched out to seem like an attempt to destroy them.

Then, disassemble the bombs and drones very carefully, add the red herrings, damage a couple casing slightly in ways to imply something was removed, then add a couple bits and bobs to the casings that seem they might be something important. Carefully reassemble the drones and bombs, and store them in blank wood boxes.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2014, 11:37:17 pm »

((Ah, right))

"Well honestly, I believe it would mostly be used as a backup plan. I mean, we could use a local shop for most of the small things, mostly the tuning up. It would be easy to write that off as a rich guy trying to get the most bang for his buck. The other shop would be for when it looks like brute force is going to be our method, then we would use it. Obviously, I'm sure you would prefer we not do that, but it would improve our chances of successfully escaping. If need be, don't set it up until we actually do need it. I was just trying to see if it was possible and feasible. Please don't shock me for my possibly stupid idea."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2014, 10:06:57 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Warehouse --> apartment

Drive back to the apartment (with Michael if he's done).
How's interplanetary money transfer handled? Could I, for example, create account on some core world bank and transfer money from here into it, and ensure it is still available after few decades? What would be considered as a good long term investment if I want to get my money back after some decades from anywhere in the galaxy. I don't think it's gold, diamonds or other "precious" materials due widespread availability of matter conversion.

It would be a shame to not ensure my retirement cash while having access to near infinite money...

Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

"Good idea. I should also add anomalous bits that seem important but aren't to the casings and systems to further throw them off. I guess I should disassemble these, add the false clues, and reassemble them. Food thing I didn't add any anti-tamper devices to these, or I'd blow myself sky high trying to make modifications!"

Check the random number and letter strings against real world serial numbers to make sure they seem authentic(adjust as needed), then find some small metal plates and etch the number strings onto them, which then will be inexpertly etched out to seem like an attempt to destroy them.

Then, disassemble the bombs and drones very carefully, add the red herrings, damage a couple casing slightly in ways to imply something was removed, then add a couple bits and bobs to the casings that seem they might be something important. Carefully reassemble the drones and bombs, and store them in blank wood boxes.

I was thinking you could just stick an anti-capitalist manifesto in each bomb, but that works too.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Warehouse --> apartment

Drive back to the apartment (with Michael if he's done).
How's interplanetary money transfer handled? Could I, for example, create account on some core world bank and transfer money from here into it, and ensure it is still available after few decades? What would be considered as a good long term investment if I want to get my money back after some decades from anywhere in the galaxy. I don't think it's gold, diamonds or other "precious" materials due widespread availability of matter conversion.

It would be a shame to not ensure my retirement cash while having access to near infinite money...

That won't really work out here. At least not without looking very VERY suspicious. Core worlds might do it between themselves, but out here it would be like asking to transfer several million dollars from an off shore account into a small credit union account somewhere in middle America.  Red flags galore.

It's now around 7 PM.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2014, 03:18:23 pm »

((Er, oops. Forgot to bold.))

Talk to Steve:

"Well honestly, I believe it would mostly be used as a backup plan. I mean, we could use a local shop for most of the small things, mostly the tuning up. It would be easy to write that off as a rich guy trying to get the most bang for his buck. The other shop would be for when it looks like brute force is going to be our method, then we would use it. Obviously, I'm sure you would prefer we not do that, but it would improve our chances of successfully escaping. If need be, don't set it up until we actually do need it. I was just trying to see if it was possible and feasible. Please don't shock me for my possibly stupid idea."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

Review what minicamera recorded if there's anything new interesting. Delete uninteresting records.
Purchase 2 pairs of gloves for everyone through our personal store, because it's not a good idea to leave fingerprints.
Cook a dinner for the team, enjoy the food, watch tv and relax. Maybe nice warm shower.

"Let's take a break. The bank will be there tomorrow."

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:16:00 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2014, 06:26:32 pm »

With Party Favors assembled and misdirections installed, Michael decides to make something to eat, watch the bank and other buildings for a while, then hit the hay.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2014, 09:11:30 pm »

Do some research on the city workmen: road crews, utilities, etc.
Find and purchase from our fronts suitably similar uniforms to the city workmen and the janitors we saw this morning if possible.

If we get to sleepy time, set an alarm to get up ~6 and watch for the cleaning crew again.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2014, 09:29:12 pm »

Buy cover layer of clothing to put over the normal layer, maybe a jacket set or a totally-not-suspicious trenchcoat? Then see if the guns are still visible when they're taped to the first layer.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40