Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78138 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2014, 01:57:06 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank, next to Thaddeus.

Think. Did I ever see those guards entering into this building?
Scan employees quickly: do I see on them any object that could used as a keycard?

((This might be perfect opportunity to ruin the mission and pickpocket a key from someone. 8) My fingers are itching...
And I'm suddenly worried about size of those safety boxes... Maybe Thaddeus should ask about it? Or maybe we saw it somewhere but pw didn't mention it...))

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:47:03 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2014, 02:35:30 pm »

Oh, I'd say just a couple pounds of c4 equivilant should do. Even an 1/8th of a pound of c4 is still a pretty nice boom. As soon as the car gets back, Michael will get to the warehouse, and start putting the stuff together.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2014, 01:31:26 am »

((I was just getting ready to see how big the deposit boxes are))

Use cam-eyes to scan the inside of the bank quickly to see if I can find anything new. See if they have different sizes of safety deposit boxes or just one.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2014, 08:51:07 am »

((PM me if my attention is immediately required, I'll try to get up to date with the thread in a while. Trying to run more side-projects is suicidal and I should have noticed it. Milno is theoretically resting or sleeping off the stress from the latest missions and events.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2014, 06:48:14 pm »

Go out and see if I can get a set of a one-piece undergarment, something that would fit under the clothing, as well as some clothing that can be removed by simple tearaway. See if I can get a Switchblade somewhere, or an equivalent concealable blade. Also, buy some strong tape.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2014, 09:02:29 pm »

((PM me if my attention is immediately required, I'll try to get up to date with the thread in a while. Trying to run more side-projects is suicidal and I should have noticed it. Milno is theoretically resting or sleeping off the stress from the latest missions and events.))

(( Seems fair. I'll look over what you were doing, see if there was something you were doing that needs to be continued. ))

Alright, let me know when that's ready, Steve.

Wait for the proxy server and the radios (I assume the radio's will be slower to get here?)

More blueprint studying. Do the blueprints we have indicate the materials of walls and doors (with the exception of the vault / safe deposit).
Particularly interested in the material of the Repository door, the wall behind security, and the roof.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2014, 03:20:36 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank, next to Thaddeus.

Think. Did I ever see those guards entering into this building?
Scan employees quickly: do I see on them any object that could used as a keycard?

((This might be perfect opportunity to ruin the mission and pickpocket a key from someone. 8) My fingers are itching...
And I'm suddenly worried about size of those safety boxes... Maybe Thaddeus should ask about it? Or maybe we saw it somewhere but pw didn't mention it...))

((You wouldn't know this in character, but there are different sizes depending on the plan you buy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))

You look at the nearest few employees. The tellers have id badges on lanyards around their necks but the supervisors don't have them, so it's probably not that. Chances are if they have one ( and it's not some sort of implant in their palm or something) it's in their wallet or pockets.

Oh, I'd say just a couple pounds of c4 equivilant should do. Even an 1/8th of a pound of c4 is still a pretty nice boom. As soon as the car gets back, Michael will get to the warehouse, and start putting the stuff together.
The car is with captain pickpocket and his bodyguard right now. Annoyingly it's right across the street but you can't go grab it. Eh. So, what exactly are you going to make there, so we can get that out of the way and just do it when you get the chance?

((I was just getting ready to see how big the deposit boxes are))

Use cam-eyes to scan the inside of the bank quickly to see if I can find anything new. See if they have different sizes of safety deposit boxes or just one.
You don't really see anything that wasn't on the blueprints already; you see past the door in the back and into the security offices and back rooms: There are some guards back there watching video monitors, probably feeds from the cameras all over the place. There's the break room on the other side, with two employees hanging out, and the stairs up and down  beyond both of those.

Go out and see if I can get a set of a one-piece undergarment, something that would fit under the clothing, as well as some clothing that can be removed by simple tearaway. See if I can get a Switchblade somewhere, or an equivalent concealable blade. Also, buy some strong tape.
So...a set of long underwear and a tearaway tuxedo...plus a switchblade and strong tape.

Should I be worried? Anyways, you can get a switchblade but it's gonna be a side opening one, rather then a forward ejecting type. Those are illegal while the side openers are readily available from any smoke shop.

(( Seems fair. I'll look over what you were doing, see if there was something you were doing that needs to be continued. ))

Alright, let me know when that's ready, Steve.

Wait for the proxy server and the radios (I assume the radio's will be slower to get here?)

More blueprint studying. Do the blueprints we have indicate the materials of walls and doors (with the exception of the vault / safe deposit).
Particularly interested in the material of the Repository door, the wall behind security, and the roof.

Give it till tomorrow (In game) and you'll have em both.

The blueprints demarcate the walls as being a combination of something that you think is a synthetic concrete and steel reenforcing bars. There's some insulation after that, and then either more concrete or drywall, in the upstairs sections.

There's nothing about the doors, or anything specific about the vault or safety deposit room. Which isn't surprising, usually vaults are custom made by outside companies and aren't considered structural; they're like an appliance.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »

Basically, A pipe-bomb/homemade grenade that's optionally motorised for when Michael can set them up rather than throw them, and what boils down to a homemade scout eye with an explosive filling. And if it wasn't charged previously, charge handi bonus/keep it charged
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2014, 09:38:13 pm »

Alright, time to leave. Head on out, back to the apartment. Use the computers to look up some pawn shops nearby. Go there and get several trinkets, the type of thing that could be sentimental to someone. These and about 30 grand are what's going into the deposit boxes in the next game day.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2014, 05:05:55 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank --> Apartment

Get my toy gun back. Ensure boss doesn't walk directly to the apartment, drive back roundabout way, change clothes somewhere along the way.
Watch what minicamera recorded. Check with other bank watchers if they ever saw the guards leaving/entering the building.
((Because I think they might be cyborgs.))
If Michael&Steve have not yet done it, rent one of those warehouses for five or ten years for our mining front.
Check how much trouble it will be to buy a truck wide enough to carry cars.
((You know, for that Knight Rider trick that Mythbusters tested.))

"Thaddeus, I strongly recommend you to buy something actually valuable, like jewelry, or good looking replica of some valuable piece of art. It's not like we are lacking money. And get a nice briefcase to hold them."

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:04:04 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2014, 06:32:17 am »

Get my toy gun back. Ensure boss doesn't walk directly to the apartment, drive back roundabout way, change clothes somewhere along the way.
Watch what minicamera recorded. Check with other bank watchers if they ever saw the guards leaving/entering the building.
Rent one of those warehouses for five or ten years for our mining front.
Check how much trouble it will be to buy a truck.

"Thaddeus, I strongly recommend you to buy something actually valuable, like jewelry, or good looking replica of some valuable piece of art. It's not like we are lacking money. And get a nice briefcase to hold them."

((I'm pretty sure the warehouse Michael had Steve rent for his project will do for whatever purposes you need it.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2014, 07:39:44 am »

Get a flip-knife.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2014, 01:40:34 pm »

Basically, A pipe-bomb/homemade grenade that's optionally motorised for when Michael can set them up rather than throw them, and what boils down to a homemade scout eye with an explosive filling. And if it wasn't charged previously, charge handi bonus/keep it charged
Fair enough; effective and vaguely supervillian-ish. You wanna paint  them purple and green or maybe stick a cobra logo on em? Just for fun. Oh hey, car's back.

Alright, time to leave. Head on out, back to the apartment. Use the computers to look up some pawn shops nearby. Go there and get several trinkets, the type of thing that could be sentimental to someone. These and about 30 grand are what's going into the deposit boxes in the next game day.
You head to the nearest pawnshop and get yourself a small sack of old jewelry and things which look like they had meaning to someone. Mentally, you remind yourself to put them in the box gently and with reverence, and not to just huck the bag in.

You get the feeling something like that might just happen if you're not specific...

If Michael&Steve have not yet done it, rent one of those warehouses for five or ten years for our mining front.
Check how much trouble it will be to buy a truck wide enough to carry cars.

There was no minicamera, remember?

Already rented.

An 18 wheeler with an empty trailer? Not hard to get hold of, but your driver's license doesn't cover it and you're not terribly sure how to drive one.

Get a flip-knife.
Gotten.

It's late afternoon by now, around 4:30 pm.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2014, 02:24:01 pm »

Oh, you guys are back. Good. Let me look into something worth going in that box, besides 'precious' metals and cash. We should also decide if there are any supplies we want to disguise and see about getting in the box.

Steve, what do people still use physical documents for the ownership of on this planet? We need some, preferably with a forged purchase date. Possibly entirely forged or unverifiable...

Work with Steve, obtain/order physical stocks/bonds and property deeds for the box. (or whatever else rich people might want to keep in a safe deposit box on this planet)
Double check the amount of wealth Thaddeus presented to the bank, make sure to get an appropriate amount to go with that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2014, 02:32:14 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

There was no minicamera, remember?
I mean this one:

Set one minicamera at my watchspot aimed to the bank and set it to record (to my wristpad,datapad or laptop if it doesn't have internal storega, using my connector cables if necessary).
You set up the camera for recording.

So, changing of the guard. Did anyone witness it?
And confirmation: The known camera set up at the bank is more or less like this.

It's time to focus on Mr. J. Smith. What type of building it is? As in typical office building, apartment/housing, manufacturing, trading, ect?
Take a evening walk by the building wearing middle class clothing. How's the front door? Obviously locked tight, I think, but details: is it reinforced? Any cameras watching it, and locations of those? Any other sensors? Lock type? Any guards posted near? Any easy way to see inside, windows maybe, and what I can see?[
Obviously I will not stop or even slow down to stare at things, but try to locate a good spot to hide minicamera aimed at front door of the building. Placing the camera will happen on another round tonight.
Oh, and try spot cameras on southern and eastern side of the bank.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:48:48 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40