Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77943 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 01:47:39 pm »

Get money, get everyone's measurements. Buy several more outfits for everyone. Then get some more furnishings, and food to fill the fridge. Make multiple trips if need be.

"Anyone want to tag along with me? Might be kinda weird if it's just me getting all of this by my self."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 02:18:06 pm »

Get money, get everyone's measurements. Buy several more outfits for everyone. Then get some more furnishings, and food to fill the fridge. Make multiple trips if need be.

"Anyone want to tag along with me? Might be kinda weird if it's just me getting all of this by my self."

"Yeah, I wanted to go shopping too. I'll come."

Go shopping with Thaddeus. Buy food drinks, and clothing. Check what's in demand at the Clothing Store. Also, go to the bookstore, peruse the Fashion Magazines, paying attention to see if it's a normal and fashionable for women to be wearing sunglasses.   
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 06:57:10 pm »

Michael nonchalantly wanders the nearby streets, getting a feel for the layout and beginning planning on possible escape routes once they are out of the bank
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 10:09:37 pm »

(( Apologies for the temporary disappearance. My internet went out thursday, and I was traveling all day yesterday XD ))

Take the day to get basic supplies, get a feel for the city, and check our fronts to see what sorts of tools they can get us. We'll get some basic information on the bank from the network, and start examining their procedures tonight and tomorrow. Thaddeus, you'll probably be pulling the double shifts for a couple days to scout with the Cam Eyes. I'm going to go with Ulrich and play tourist for a while.

Ulrich, lets only get one laptop publicly. We don't have a good public reason to buy more, and if we need them, we can get some that are harder to trace to us through our front companies, along with the equipment we'll need to obfuscate our systems if we need to do any serious remote access.

Get money for people: I'm going to assume we have cards of some variety?

Head out with Ulrich, spend the walking trip watching the people and getting a feel for the roads and alleys in the area. Keep an eye out for posted notices, especially near the bank.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2014, 10:24:28 am »

"One laptop for me and another for you shouldn't be too weird."

((Action edited.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2014, 12:21:43 pm »

D'usse equips her headpiece.

"I don't know how the étrangers on this planet feel about modifications." The catgirl stretches out on the couch.
When you say "equip headpiece" I can only imagine it slotting into place with a noticable clunk. Also your headwear won't cover your ears.

Milno sighs and sits down on the couch's armrest. "Ok, we're here now. Control of the mission goes to Skylar and I'll act as supervisor and backup." he repeats, just in case someone missed it. He nods at Rookie's idea. "Posing as the kind of worker no one cares about has gone well so far for me. It'd be good to see if they have automated systems for that and in case of a negative, how their cleaning personnel is admitted and checked."

"Make sure everything animalistic about you is hidden very well before you take even a step outside. Check if it's accepted for women to wear shades or similar stuff around here and if that's the case, you should get a pair." he tells D'usse, nodding at her face and those easily remembered eyes of hers.

Time to play mission control and analyze all possible routes: first check with Steve via Steve-com what kind of corrosive chemicals we can acquire through our storefronts in this world without catching the authorities' attention, how they work and the risks inherent to handling them. If Steve doesn't have the info, Milno checks for any cyber-cafes or similar in a one to two blocks distance from the hotel.
>That really depends on what you're melting through. Metals are easy, but if they have a compound ceramic door, or something exotic, you'd need something specific. We can get you several kinds, but it still might not be enough. If We assume standard metals though, There's a Florine compound that should corrode through most things. The danger in it being that Florine isn't very friendly.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

"I'll go and get us few computers."

If Thaddeus needs to measure me personally, wait for him to do so before doing stuff below.
Where's my money? Get the money. Find a store that sells computers. Buy two good laptops (or whatever passes as one around here), one for me, one for Skylar. Pay attention to amount of traffic and traffic control during the trip.
On return trip stop by the bookstore and buy a city map, tourist guide and some random book, preferrably one they are promoting.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

You dig through the luggage and the papers steve sent down with you until you find a large stack of money along with several debit cards. Rather distressingly the cards seem to lack a name and appear to be government issue, not private.

You ask steve for the location of the nearest store that sells computers and he tells you it is several blocks away, and that it won't be open for two more hours. You head out anyways and then sit around and wait outside the store. Despite being on the equator it's still quite chilly in the morning. You stand around outside the store, shivering and pacing to keep warm. You keep an eye on the traffic as you wait, and then again as you walk back. It seems that the place is pretty empty for much of the early morning, then there's a rush hour which fills the streets with traffic and it never quite goes back to the levels it was at before, with shoppers and other city visiters moving though. It is, however, not terribly busy, at least not after that initial rush. Though there are stoplights at practically every intersection, so driving away quickly would be difficult.

Food and drink is fine, but what kind of clothing do you want? High end stuff? Generic middle class? Low class? Coats or jackets or anything in particular?

"Yeah, I wanted to go shopping too. I'll come."

Go shopping with Thaddeus. Buy food drinks, and clothing. Check what's in demand at the Clothing Store. Also, go to the bookstore, peruse the Fashion Magazines, paying attention to see if it's a normal and fashionable for women to be wearing sunglasses.   
You figure out the general fashion for women, at least as defined by a handful of magazines with names like "Aphrodite" and "Allure" which have covers featuring generically attractive women in the midst of laughter or attempting to look alluring. Sunglasses seem to be acceptable enough, though it seems that smaller sunglasses, ones that just barely cover the eyes are more fashionable then large ones.

You also learn 10 secret ways to satisfy your man. You question their validity a bit, since only 2 of them involve sticking something in something else.

Michael nonchalantly wanders the nearby streets, getting a feel for the layout and beginning planning on possible escape routes once they are out of the bank
Well that would really depend on the manner of leaving. There are plenty of alleyways around here, between most of the larger buildings, though some are filled with crap that would make getting around through them more difficult. The area is set up on a grid, with north-south roads intersecting east-west ones, but there are stop lights everywhere, so that would no doubt slow you down. You can see the overpass for a highway a good couple miles west of here, but you'd have to check a map to make sure it actually went anywhere. It seems like you might be better off with a map, and an idea of what kind of problems the escape will need to overcome before planning it.

(( Apologies for the temporary disappearance. My internet went out thursday, and I was traveling all day yesterday XD ))

Take the day to get basic supplies, get a feel for the city, and check our fronts to see what sorts of tools they can get us. We'll get some basic information on the bank from the network, and start examining their procedures tonight and tomorrow. Thaddeus, you'll probably be pulling the double shifts for a couple days to scout with the Cam Eyes. I'm going to go with Ulrich and play tourist for a while.

Ulrich, lets only get one laptop publicly. We don't have a good public reason to buy more, and if we need them, we can get some that are harder to trace to us through our front companies, along with the equipment we'll need to obfuscate our systems if we need to do any serious remote access.

Get money for people: I'm going to assume we have cards of some variety?

Head out with Ulrich, spend the walking trip watching the people and getting a feel for the roads and alleys in the area. Keep an eye out for posted notices, especially near the bank.

You have cash and cards. You're rolling in dat cheddar.

The alleys between the buildings vary, some are clean and fairly wide, others are squeeze holes with dumpsters blocking off most of the area. The roads are set up on a grid though, so they're simple enough. By posted notices you mean signs like no parking right? Well, there are none of those for most of the area, save around a few areas, mostly for safety reasons. There's a large public parking structure a block or so from the bank, and most of the customers for stores either park there or out infront of the store, or as close as possible to it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2014, 12:57:59 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: At front of some store.

Confirmation: The bit between the bank and book&clothing stores is not an alley but actual west-east road?

Tick tock tick tock. Keep watching traffic while waiting for store to open. Is the basic structure of cars similiar as they are IRL, inflatable tires and all that? How about lighter and heavier vehicles (motorcycles, trucks)? Do they exist?
Buy two good laptops (or whatever passes as one around here), one for me, one for Skylar since he's with me. On return trip stop by the bookstore and buy a city map, tourist guide and some random book, preferrably one they are promoting.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:36:19 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2014, 06:43:53 pm »

Lots of alleys, but getting through them might be a bit of an issue if we don't clear our route beforehand. They also seem to have a fetish for stoplights, so that might make getting to anywhere slower than expected. I'll need a map...

Michael returns to the apartment to see if the computers have been bought. If so he helps set them up and connect to the local net to find a map of the city. If not, he grabs a bit of cash and goes out and buys a physical map from the nearest store that sells one. Can never have too many maps!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2014, 06:50:52 pm »

Edit: After we get the food and drinks, head back to the apartment. Lets use our clothing store front to get these clothes.

Lets see, one more high end clothing set, two sets of generic middle class, and two lower class sets for everyone. Coats, jackets, thats all good. Basically, give everyone a fairly wide and decent selection of clothes so that we can have, not exactly disguises, but different enough looks that, at least when we're out and about on the streets, we don't become too recognizable.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:14:42 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2014, 09:23:59 am »

((That's 30 sets of clothes. Might be better to handle this through our store fronts.))
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2014, 05:11:54 pm »

((...Hmm. Damnit, probably. I'm gonna edit my post.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »

D'usse rotated the magazine. "Hmm....is that....you do....ew...do guys even-?...."

D'usse checks the magazine to see if women can wear hats that cover the entire head, fitting snugly over the ears. If so, she goes to the Clothing store and purchases such a hat. Then get coffee and newspaper, sit down somewhere and look inconspicuous while observing the traffic in and out of the bank. See if I can spot the security measures from a distance.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:26 pm »

((Post to rob))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2014, 12:10:32 am »

Milno, Secondary Mission Control - Location: Cradle

How about chemicals to dissolve rock? And are these any good security measures the people here use to deal with dangerous chemicals?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2014, 03:49:28 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: At front of some store.

Confirmation: The bit between the bank and book&clothing stores is not an alley but actual west-east road?

Tick tock tick tock. Keep watching traffic while waiting for store to open. Is the basic structure of cars similiar as they are IRL, inflatable tires and all that? How about lighter and heavier vehicles (motorcycles, trucks)? Do they exist?
Buy two good laptops (or whatever passes as one around here), one for me, one for Skylar since he's with me. On return trip stop by the bookstore and buy a city map, tourist guide and some random book, preferrably one they are promoting.

Continue wandering with Ulrich. Laptop get. Watch for public transit and public underground areas (subways, pedestrian tunnels) as we meander.

Also clarify 'notices', by which I mean things like no parking signs and posted temporary signs or fliers, especially on, around, or involving the bank.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40