Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77907 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 09:24:56 am »

((Yeah, I forgot to mention the whole "scarred like he had rolled down a flight of stairs with steps made of broken glass" bit.))

Milno leaves the shuttle and gets into the civilian aircraft to change into the local clothes. He's getting nearly awfully used to this kind of thing by now.

Into the craft, get dressed conservatively (meaning with clothes that do well in covering the scarring without being too conspicuous) and Milno's ready to go.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 10:49:41 am »

"Right, I hope yous' got some decent clothing. Let's see what we-WOAH. No one warned me about the sausage festival. Pardon."

Slip past naked dudes, examine clothing, see if it differs from what the men are wearing. Change in the most inconspicuous part of the aircraft.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 10:56:04 am »

Ulrich grins.
"Do you like what you see?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 11:11:20 am »

Ulrich grins.
"Do you like what you see?"

"I hope for your sake that you're just really cold in here. Or is that it's normal girth?" D'usse shoots back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 12:12:29 pm »

"Yeah, it's colder here than on Sword." Ulrich says as he finishes dressing up. It's not like cat-girl's opinions matter to him. Much.
It is cold here, right? Right?! It's cool, dry planet and early morning after all.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:33:36 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »

"Roger."

Michael gets in the craft and locates the local clothing to change into, which he proceeds to do.
((Oops. My bad.))

Get into the craft and change clothes
((Yeah, I forgot to mention the whole "scarred like he had rolled down a flight of stairs with steps made of broken glass" bit.))

Milno leaves the shuttle and gets into the civilian aircraft to change into the local clothes. He's getting nearly awfully used to this kind of thing by now.

Into the craft, get dressed conservatively (meaning with clothes that do well in covering the scarring without being too conspicuous) and Milno's ready to go.
"Yeah, it's colder here than on Sword." Ulrich says as he finishes dressing up. It's not like cat-girl's opinions matter to him. Much.
It is cold here, right? Right?! It's cool, dry planet and early morning after all.
The city you're going to, and the place you're at right now are near the equator, where it's warmer and wetter. So it's a bit chilly, but not enough to save your pride.

"Right, I hope yous' got some decent clothing. Let's see what we-WOAH. No one warned me about the sausage festival. Pardon."

Slip past naked dudes, examine clothing, see if it differs from what the men are wearing. Change in the most inconspicuous part of the aircraft.
Modesty. Ha!

The ship takes off even as the group finishes changing. The outfits are universally light and loose fitting, though made of something strangely insulating so that they remain warm. The outfits are split into shirt and pants, with each garment colored some shade of purple, red, yellow, or green, and decorated with strips of detailed embroidery along the cuffs, collar, and other seams. The men's shirts hang lower, halfway to their knees, and their collar is tighter. D'usse's clothing is much the same, but her shirt trades a long hanging body for sleeves which hang past her hands and flair outward, and her collar is looser. Their pants are basically identical, as are their laceless, slipper like shoes. They each have a hat to wear, if they should want to, with the men having something that looks like a puffy mass of gold and saffron cotton candy attached to a headband while D'usse has something that looks like a hairnet made of silver threads and studded with turquoise beads.

"Those clothes are a bit upscale for the area." the pilot shouts back from the cockpit, "Should let you get by with minimal hassle. No one ever stops a rich man." The vessel banks for a few seconds then straightens out. "There are some less conspicuous bags back there as well. Stick your stuff in em. We'll be landing soon."

The team transfers their gear into touristic rolling suitcases and, after another 15 or so minutes of watching the country side whip past below them at high speed, arrives at the airport. They unload and are handed off to a driver, who hustles them through a quiet, almost abandoned airport concourse, past storefronts barred with metal shutters and empty ticket counters into a parking structure. From there, a pair of dull, unremarkable cars, which crawl early morning streets, taking a circumspect route into the larger downtown area. The drive, through streets still lit with yellow streetlights in the grayglow predawn, is quiet. Buildings loom high overhead, their tops lost, hidden somewhere past the edge of the window, and give the occupants a feeling of drifting down some primal canyon of gray stone and glittering glass.

The apartment complex and the bank lie within a band of clearly older buildings, partially subsumed by the newer highrises around them. The bank itself is quite old and ornate looking, evoking an oddly out of place Neo-gothic appearance and flanked on either side by far more mundane red brick and concrete structures. The apartment itself, on the second floor of the building opposite and a bit to the left of the bank, is a large unit; two bedrooms, a bathroom, living room and kitchen, with a bay window and balcony overlooking the street and the bank itself. The room was furnished, though spartan, with nothing but the beds, a couch and tv, beyond the normal appliances of stove, refrigerator (Empty, as it was), and microwave.

By the time the team gets in and unloaded, the first few cars of the morning rush to work are already zipping down the street outside. 

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2014, 03:14:19 pm »

Michael turns to Milno. "So sir, first order of business?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »

D'usse equips her headpiece.

"I don't know how the étrangers on this planet feel about modifications." The catgirl stretches out on the couch.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2014, 05:27:10 pm »

((Pardon the wall of text))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

Ulrich finds a seat for himself. He smiles as he looks at his team mates. He starts explaining his plan, or rather a list of things to find out, and his smile slowly fades as he does. This is serious business.
"I think we should go with a basic five-step plan. Gather information, plan, prepare, execute and escape. Now it might sound obvious, but always keep larger picture in mind.
On first phase we find out all available information. Once we decide we have enough, we pool all we have found and make a plan based on that. On preparation phase we buy or otherwise acquire all equipment we need and do all other preparations as planned. Last two are quite self-explanatory, but they are also the ones most likely to fail.

Now, as for the information we need to find out. There's many things.

What kind gear and vehicles police have? Knowing that might be helpful.
How fast they will get to the bank once alarm is activated? This establishes base timeframe, and the robbery must be done faster than that.
What we can do to extend the timeframe? Can we divert their attention and resources to elsewhere? Maybe explosions on the other side of town? Or maybe Steve can do something?
How to make alarm go off later than it normally would? We need to figure out possibility of signal jamming. And if it is possible to cut power to the building or cause citywide blackout.

And escape routes, we need more than one. When choosing the route we need to find out anything that might slow us down. Traffic at certain times of day, automated roadblocks, is there any moving festivals scheduled that might use and essentially block roads. Whoever will be driving the escape vehicle needs to be aware of all that. And he needs to be familiar with all routes, preferrably driving along them during preparation phase.
Should the escape turn into highspeed chase, what we can do to slow police down? Can we break tires from their cars, assuming they even have tires? Could we do a bait and switch trick with two identical cars?

What will be our escape vehicle? Spacious car preferrably, maybe switching to faster ones along the escape route? Or maybe we can use some type airplane? I have not piloted any flying machine so this may not be viable. Unless someone has prior experience?

For the bank we need to check all the doors if they are reinforced in case we have to break them to get in. The employee door is particularly interesting. Steve said it has a simple electronic lock, so the question is what kind lock it is exactly? If it uses keycode we must put cameras near it to obtain few codes. This way we can bypass the alarms altogether... Or at least part of them. Or if the lock uses keycard maybe we can forge one, install cardreader, or just steal one. The latter option is quite risky so it needs some serious consideration before attempting it.
For the repository we need find out the schedule of money pickup/drop off. We might be able to use it.

As for the vaults what I really want to know is whether they have time lock or something simpler. Is there any blast doors that may need explosives to get open? What kind locks safety deposits have? Is is easier to just blow them open? What alert systems there are on vault level? This set of questions might be easiest one, as we can just go to the bank and ask. Pretending to be someone who wants to put something on the safety deposits is the best way. It might be good idea to actually store something. Pretending to be a bit paranoid about the thing will get you personally down to deposits and see it all with your own eyes.
And the security office in bank. How many guards are there, what is their equipment? Is there a nightwatch or any periodical sweeps by police or guards?

And when finding answers for these questions you gotta remember this: do not push for it! If there's no easy way getting answer, just let it be. Pushing for it may raise suspicion and chances of getting caught."
He is silent for a moment and then smiles again.

"So, what do you guys think? Did I miss anything obvious?"

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »

Thaddeus leans against a wall while listening to Ulrich.

"Nothing major that is glaringly obvious to me. I also have some thoughts on stuff we might want to do. Should probably start off with getting computers and surveillance equipment. Maybe have a couple people get some more clothes for us all, get Steve to give us the measurements for everyone. Get some food to fill up the fridge at least, wanna look like we're gonna be here awhile. Should also get some more furnishings for this place. Maybe see if one of us can get a job at the bank as a janitor, they usually aren't paid attention to, and have a lot of unsupervised access. Maybe have one or two of us set up accounts with the bank? Give us good reasons to be going in and out of there. Should probably split up into three teams, two per team, to run surveillance. Check the local gun law, see about getting all or some of us concealed carry permits. Dunno how long we might have to wait to actually get a gun though. I know that'll put us into the law enforcement systems, but it might also be a way to see what they have and how they operate."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2014, 09:48:56 pm »

"If we go the janitor route, I'll volunteer for that. It'll let me get familiar with the bank's layout, and if we do need a bit of creative demolition to get in and out of places, I can set it up easily."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 11:57:56 pm »

"If that's what we're doing, I offer to do the food shopping. I think I'll also drop by the bookstore and clothing store, especially since they're directly parallel to the bank. Where's this unlimited stockpile of money we have access to?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2014, 04:51:38 am »

"Setting up accounts on there doesn't give us lot of natural visits. Two or three at most, I think. Any more and it's gonna be odd and people will start remembering you."
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2014, 09:43:00 am »

Milno sighs and sits down on the couch's armrest. "Ok, we're here now. Control of the mission goes to Skylar and I'll act as supervisor and backup." he repeats, just in case someone missed it. He nods at Rookie's idea. "Posing as the kind of worker no one cares about has gone well so far for me. It'd be good to see if they have automated systems for that and in case of a negative, how their cleaning personnel is admitted and checked."

"Make sure everything animalistic about you is hidden very well before you take even a step outside. Check if it's accepted for women to wear shades or similar stuff around here and if that's the case, you should get a pair." he tells D'usse, nodding at her face and those easily remembered eyes of hers.

Time to play mission control and analyze all possible routes: first check with Steve via Steve-com what kind of corrosive chemicals we can acquire through our storefronts in this world without catching the authorities' attention, how they work and the risks inherent to handling them. If Steve doesn't have the info, Milno checks for any cyber-cafes or similar in a one to two blocks distance from the hotel.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:18:49 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2014, 11:53:44 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

"I'll go and get us few computers."

If Thaddeus needs to measure me personally, wait for him to do so before doing stuff below.
Where's my money? Get the money. Find a store that sells computers. Buy two good laptops (or whatever passes as one around here), one for me, one for Skylar. Pay attention to amount of traffic and traffic control during the trip.
On return trip stop by the bookstore and buy a city map, tourist guide and some random book, preferrably one they are promoting.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:27:29 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40