Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77996 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »

Well, according to wiki thaddeus and Michael have the same CON bonus, so I'll volunteer :P

Fire up the laser cutter and cut open the door so we can get to the stealing.
[6]
Mike grabs the laser and turns it on, cranking it to full power and then using the rig to guide it in a nice oval shape, slicing straight through the door. Once he's done, he rolls the rig back and then shoves on the cut out center section and sends it tumbling loudly into the hall. Beyond the red hot, still partially molten hole there is another oval cut mirroring the one one in the door, but this one is slicing through the wall on the far end of the hall. Oh well, not like you cared about that concrete wall anyways, Still, should be careful with the cut into the actual room. 

Be ready to step in and help Michael if it looks like he needs help with the laser. Otherwise just stand off to the side away from the shoggoth.

Also, did that com repeater get set up outside the vault area? If it didnt, go and do that, maybe set up another one to ensure strong coms signal.

Yeah it's set up and fine.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Vault tunnel

Get out of the way of laser and back to the first door on this level. Tear off anything between me and its lock and connect laptop on it. Check around if it has connections to other doors between us and safety box vault. If yes, try to hack them open.
Give a change to Skylar too, if he wants to use my laptop as a proxy.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
The place where you would have plugged your laptop in is a mashed up half molten mess thanks to the Shoggoth.You'd have to dig into the wall and splice on a connector to use it.

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

The young operative stares at the strange glow and the first thing that comes to his mind is that either a) the government has some unexpected weapon/tool and they're fucked or b) one of the teams - including his, damn that computer - has screwed it up badly and they're still fucked. He can only consider bad things. Either nuclear or China-9 things, even. "It's night and I'm seeing a strange glow that looks a bit like sunrise. Sky, get in contact with Steve and see if one of the other teams fucked up. If that's the case, we might want to know if it's coming our way."

Is it growing? If yes, how does it look? Nuclear or China-9-like? Duck inside if it keeps growing bigger/approaching. Get in contact with Steve, ask what the fuck is going on, if this thing is coming our way and if we need to hit the ground/seek shelter.

If we need to do the latter, then ask for our best options and follow them. Either Dex pill to get there faster if that's needed or End pill to resist the shit that's coming.

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Prepare to enact emergency plan if things go bad (hide wherever instructed and use a pill).
It's a very distant light for now, very dull, just a hint of light. And it seems to be staying constant as far as you can see.

>Thats the other team alright, but from your position it shouldn't matter. At least probably not. It's one of those things that if it does end up mattering, nothing you can do down there would really help. For the moment, continue as usual. I'm gonna get a shuttle near you, just in case though. Only if things go really REALLY bad.

Get out of the way and back to the first door. Tear anything between me and the lock and connect laptop on it. Check around if it has connection to other doors. If yes, try to hack them open.
Give a change to Skylar too, if he wants to use my laptop as a proxy.

(( Which door are you talking about? I am unclear on it, so PW probably will be as well. ))

Will do, Boss. I'm getting a lot of interference as well, it may be related.

Team
, be advised. I'm seeing a lot of interference and there's something odd going on over the horizon. Be advised, I may not be able to assist, and the worm pile may misbehave...

Steve, we're seeing an early sunrise and interference here. Any information?

Message Steve, then check the interference. Does it seem to have a local source, or is it more pervasive?

If someone requests for a door to be poked, poke the door, see if both doors are on the same circuit. Then try to open the second door.

If the interference clears up, get the Shoggoth to 'investigate' the vault door.

Pervasive. Something is sending out interference across...well...everything. Electrical, magnetic, temp. It's all unsteady.

You could try and use the shoggoth, but a bad roll could be very poorly interpreted.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2015, 01:39:38 pm »

Wait until the hole isn't so molten anymore, then maneuver the rig through and prepare to cut into the vault and the SDB rooms. Charge Con bonus if possible
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2015, 02:16:43 pm »

"Well, the plan to use laptop to open doors is busted thanks to Soggoth. Good thing we have a laser."

Try to figure out what the potion did to me. Pinch my skin, test strength, reflexes, agility and stamina. Touch laptop's ports without gloves to test if I got electric connection. Snap fingers. Put crowbar on floor and test if I got telekinesis. Pick it up. Imagine marble and will it to exist. Try psychometry. Stare at wall and will it to change.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:36 pm »

Help Michael with moving the rig. Also charge a CON bonus, be ready to step in and help him with cutting through the vault and SDB room if he gets...overly enthusiastic about it.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2015, 08:01:57 pm »

((We should not tempt fate with more space magic/potion magic and I think one turn of preparation when lasering anything close to the safe deposit door would be nice to prevent destroying the box with the thing we want.))

"It's not as bad as expected, apparently. You can keep going and trying to do things right. Remember to take the utmost care when you're about to do anything that could destroy what we want to retrieve. Just don't fuck it up, I was informed we'll probably either all die or at least have to retreat as fast as possible if that thing does happen to come our way anyway."

Keep watching.

Eyes and ears sharp.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:25 am »

Thanks Steve. Let us know when you have a shuttle location so we can adjust our routes. We'll be done here tonight one way or the other...

Watch communications, see if emergency services is chatting about the second sun and interference. And not us. Mostly not us.

Poke around the internal server while waiting for the interference, see what's on it.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:06:37 am by Kriellya »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2015, 11:48:46 am »

Help Michael with moving the rig. Also charge a CON bonus, be ready to step in and help him with cutting through the vault and SDB room if he gets...overly enthusiastic about it.
Wait until the hole isn't so molten anymore, then maneuver the rig through and prepare to cut into the vault and the SDB rooms. Charge Con bonus if possible
You carry the rig through, carefully, and wheel it down the hall to the next door.

"Well, the plan to use laptop to open doors is busted thanks to Soggoth. Good thing we have a laser."

Try to figure out what the potion did to me. Pinch my skin, test strength, reflexes, agility and stamina. Touch laptop's ports without gloves to test if I got electric connection. Snap fingers. Put crowbar on floor and test if I got telekinesis. Pick it up. Imagine marble and will it to exist. Try psychometry. Stare at wall and will it to change.

You pinch your skin. It seems to hurt more then usual. In fact, just doing that has raised a blood blister.

((We should not tempt fate with more space magic/potion magic and I think one turn of preparation when lasering anything close to the safe deposit door would be nice to prevent destroying the box with the thing we want.))

"It's not as bad as expected, apparently. You can keep going and trying to do things right. Remember to take the utmost care when you're about to do anything that could destroy what we want to retrieve. Just don't fuck it up, I was informed we'll probably either all die or at least have to retreat as fast as possible if that thing does happen to come our way anyway."

Keep watching.

Eyes and ears sharp.
You stub out one cigarette and light another. All this tar is probably great for the aliens in your guts.

Thanks Steve. Let us know when you have a shuttle location so we can adjust our routes. We'll be done here tonight one way or the other...

Watch communications, see if emergency services is chatting about the second sun and interference. And not us. Mostly not us.

Poke around the internal server while waiting for the interference, see what's on it.

You don't see a whole lot of communications. If the God console is having trouble, you imagine that the average cellphone is basically useless. Even Landlines might be problematic.

[1+1]

Huh...where was that...enter key...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2015, 12:11:31 pm »

Pray gods of criminals for luck. Run to the last door before it's lasered down. Check again for any ports. If one is found, connect and hack it open. Otherwise try random 10 digit number.
If the door opens in a way or another (me or laser), then get inside the Safety box room and start breaking open boxes that are big enough to contain our target. What was it, size of shoe box?

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »

Let there be light! And by light I mean high-powered laser beams cutting the door to scrap(using charged con bonus)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2015, 03:17:17 pm »

Help Michael with cutting the door(also using CON bonus)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2015, 05:26:37 pm »

"Hope that whatever crap the other team did is more pressing than what we're doing."

Stop smoking already, just keep the unlit, half-burnt cigarette for appearance's sake. And stay alert.

Stay alert.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2015, 07:16:45 pm »

Pray gods of criminals for luck. Run to the last door before it's lasered down. Check again for any ports. If one is found, connect and hack it open. Otherwise try random 10 digit number.
If the door opens in a way or another (me or laser), then get inside the Safety box room and start breaking open boxes that are big enough to contain our target. What was it, size of shoe box?

You try your random 10 digit number. Surprisingly, this doesn't work.

Help Michael with cutting the door(also using CON bonus)
Let there be light! And by light I mean high-powered laser beams cutting the door to scrap(using charged con bonus)
Your combined effort produces a nice, circular, molten cut in the door. Unfortunately it didn't cut all the way through. Hmm.

"Hope that whatever crap the other team did is more pressing than what we're doing."

Stop smoking already, just keep the unlit, half-burnt cigarette for appearance's sake. And stay alert.

Stay alert.
Dum de dum.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2015, 07:53:06 pm »

Cut again!

Edit: Actually, check the cut first before firing up the laser again. How far away from going through is the cut? Is it close enough a good kick would finish the job? If so, give it a swift kick, and if not THEN fire the laser!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:09:17 pm by tryrar »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2015, 08:04:39 pm »

Help Michael again!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #479 on: March 01, 2015, 12:12:46 am »

Help Michael again!
Cut again!

Edit: Actually, check the cut first before firing up the laser again. How far away from going through is the cut? Is it close enough a good kick would finish the job? If so, give it a swift kick, and if not THEN fire the laser!
You finish cutting through with only minor damage to the boxes directly across from the door. Oh well, what are the chances the goods were in there anyways?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40