Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to conquer a lost safehouse ?  (Read 1974 times)

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to conquer a lost safehouse ?
« on: September 23, 2014, 12:38:21 pm »

While playing LCS it may happen, that that the CCS raids your safehouses, and conquers them. If it was a warehouse, it then shows up as CCS safehouse and can be raided, but there seems to be no way to conquer it.

There is code, to conquer a CCS safehouse if you kill an Arch-conservative / CCS Boss / Hardened Veteran, but theese guys never show up in warehouses. They only show up in siege units or in original CCS safehouses. I explored the whole warehouse, but neither did one show up as an encounter nor is there a special tile.

A certain amount of killed vigilantes also doesn't work. I killed lots of them, but i didn't work nor is there anything in the source code.

Increasing the crime like in the crackhouse also doesn't work, because it checks for RENTING_NOCONTROL, that doesn't work because it has RENTING_CSS, and locations with RENTING_CSS only have code to out sleepers.

After all, it seems to me, that this is a bug, because CCS Bosses as random encounters were commented out, but there is no special tile in safehouses conquered by the CCS or other way to conquer it.

Further, I found another bug. If a liberal is in hospital, and his safehouse is conquered by the CCS, he returns to the safehouse, and becomes a pseudo sleeper (mapping the location). It would make more sense, to send him to the homeless shelter if the location isn't anymore under LCS control.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to conquer a lost safehouse ?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:01:37 pm »

Right now, there is no way to reclaim a lost safehouse (except, I believe, by defeating the CCS altogether). The reason is because there is no place in the game that spawns a CCS boss in lost safehouses, and thus no way to retake them.

This is a known bug and is on the list of things to be fixed/features to be implemented.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 04:37:12 pm »

Well it looks like this is another bug that needs fixing. I am on vacation now and not able to use the Internet much, but I will try and fix bugs such as this one once I get back. Or someone else might fix it first. I will probably be back in about 2 weeks. I can't do programming now, this netbook I use has a tiny screen, not enough pixels for an IDE, Integrated Development Environment, that is used for programming. Plus I have other things to do while I am overseas... :D

I think actually I noticed this bug too but didn't think enough about it to realize it was a bug... in my numerous play-testings of the game the last few months, sometimes the CCS conquered a safehouse of mine and I couldn't conquer it back but I would just reload an older savegame and not think anything of it or realize it was a bug. But now that I think back it should have been more obvious to me. It was dumb of me not to realize this was a bug. I guess the reason I didn't notice the bug was I would reload an older savegame and not even attempt to reconquer the lost safehouse (since the whole reason I lost the safehouse was I didn't have enough combat-ready LCS operatives, in fact I think I probably only had the founder as an Active Liberal and everyone else was a Sleeper so I really wasn't capable of conquering any site held by the CCS even if the game didn't have any bugs in it because it's not like a single Founder can take on an entire site full of M16-toting CCS fighters and get out of it alive). ::)

Well back to vacation... the streets here in Vienna have now turned eerily silent outside... the drunk people who were making all that noise at the bar across the street seem to be gone now... I guess bars in Austria close much earlier in the evening than in the United States. Oh, no, wait, now I can hear the drunk people again. Hmm, I wonder what they were doing for a few minutes when they were being quiet. Now they are spouting a bunch of drunk stuff in German again. I only understood one word of it... "nein"... that means "no". I am terrible at German. I am going to bed now. Ooh I just heard another word I recognize... "hello"... apparently German-speaking people sometimes use it with the same meaning as English. Now if only they did that with the rest of the English words I wouldn't have any language barrier with them anymore. ;)

But yeah these bugs need to be fixed. :-\
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 01:12:13 pm »

Maybe one of them was telling a story, so everyone was listening carefully (and drinking)?  Have fun in Europe  :D

And yeah, I've never tried to take a safe house back immediately after losing it.  Stupid CCS.  I'm pretty bad at combat in this game period, most of my best characters are stealthy, so it makes more sense to go after the main CCS bases.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:14:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.