Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 71577 times)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen!
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2014, 02:32:18 pm »

I've tried the nations (to choose) on Peliwyr with 15 thrones, and it seems good :
I usually don't end with throne near the capital except when there are really many neighbouring provinces :)

I think we should state something about trades :
I usually go for the dom4mods classic : real trades are binding (real trades are those including only gold, gem, and/or items). The rest of the diplomacy is not.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2014, 02:36:40 pm »

8/15 is good. In fact, I recall suggesting it several pages back ;).

I usually go for the dom4mods classic : real trades are binding (real trades are those including only gold, gem, and/or items). The rest of the diplomacy is not.

Isn't that how we always play here? I'm pretty sure it's in the OP somewhere.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2014, 02:38:13 pm »

oops, yeah, it's in the OP since the Dom3 games ^^'
Trade agreements are sacred. Once you decided to exchange some gems/items/gold, you MUST fulfill your side of the agreement.
No constrains on diplomacy. You can attack anyone you want, with or without warning. It would be, however, in good taste not to rush another player at the very begining of the game. We're all trying to have a good time playing this.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2014, 02:44:54 pm »

Sounds great, I kept meaning to ask if people would be ok with 15 hall of fame entries but I forgot.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »

Hey, uh, got another weird thing for you Albright. Basically, I get a different selection of Forts (and a different capital) based on whether or not "Hide Vanilla Nations" is checked on nationgen.

I sort of prefer the cheaper, crappier forts version of Samarir, which I get when vanilla nations are not hidden, but which one are we using?

EDIT:
Related to this maybe?
FYSA, found an NG bug. It's something we can easily fix manually, but we'll definitely need to do so if anyone picks one of the nations suffering from it. 2/100 nations (133 and 139) have "#fortera 4", which will need to be toned down to "#fortera 3" unless we want them cranking out Crystal Citadels...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:43:22 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »

My expansion is horrible :(

I would like to avoid a dragon this time, but we'll see. Sacred evokers really cry for an air bless too.

edit:
@E. Albright
My Agor has three sets of seemingly identical boar riders, only the id number is different (3163-3165). I don't mind it but I guess it's an issue you'd like to be aware of seeing how you fiddle with the code.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:21:39 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »

Karlito:

Shouldn't be related to the fortera bug. Also shouldn't be happening, though; hiding default nations (which is the standard option, and we've been saying standard options, so I'm assuming we're hiding them, and you'll have to suck it up and settle for fortera 2 like the other 5/9s of us :P (though you can still thumb your nose at the 4 who have fortera 3)) or not should be completely deterministic, and have absolutely no effect on anything but itself. Ugh. Thanks for the report on that; that smacks of convoluted, subtle errors.

Delta:

Without looking at your boar riders, I'd put money on them not actually being identical. They probably have different hair colors. Yes, seriously.  :P Known bug, and fixing it (i.e., making the hair slot something that unit variations can't pivot on) is definitely on the to-do list.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2014, 07:56:10 am »

I've got a RPG to prepare for tonight, so I think I'll be able to complete my pretender and nation description in 24 hours, guys :/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:10:30 am by tompliss »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »

Incidentally, in case anyone didn't know how this worked, if you're writing fluff for your heroes and want to be able to refer to them by name, add the following to their stats: #fixedname "whateveryouwanttocallthem". If you don't specify a fixed name, they'll get a random one every time they show up.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »

So there are heroes! I was wondering what Hero referred to. I believe someone has heroes that turn into werewolves...
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2014, 05:35:18 pm »

That'd be Karlito, and I have one that goes Horned Serpent when hurt. Culise and I have ones that can turn into Great Boars at will and USEC_O has one that does Winged Monkey mode. Bluerobin's goes Mechanical Man on dying, Boksi's becomes a teeny Fire Elemental. Four of us have one hero, two have two heroes, I have three, and Delta and tompliss don't have any at all.

I have one that breaks me into water, Bluerobin has one that breaks them into astral, and Boksi has one that brings death 1/4 games. Three of us can get level 4 casters from heroes, and five can get levels 3+.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:46:08 pm by E. Albright »

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2014, 04:57:51 am »

Hum, about heroes, there may be something weird :
the generated Shagrila has one Hero, but he doesn't show up in the investigator.

If you use the 9 seeds generation, the Hero is ID #3202, and I think I've already got him (killed) in one of my tests.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2014, 06:25:01 am »

Well, the mod inspector wasn't showing all the sacreds, either, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2014, 07:24:34 pm »

What sort of ETA can I expect on those descriptions?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2014, 07:28:23 pm »

Hmm, I've been out of town all weekend, so I'm behind on those. I thought I was going to have access to my files, but turned out not to. It's basically all I'm going to be doing tonight though, so I might be able to get them to you in a few hours. As a bonus I already have my pretender all worked out, so... that's good? Are we basically just going through our section of the .dm and altering the descriptions and you'll copy/paste the nation? What format should we have these in for you?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45