Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 71520 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on
« Reply #255 on: October 15, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »

We were having this issue earlier. I found that if you click the Start a New Game button, then back out, your nation should show up. Culise solved it by unloading and reloading the mod. It looks like it has an issue loading the mod or something if you go straight to multiplayer.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 15, 2014, 04:51:37 pm »

We were having this issue earlier. I found that if you click the Start a New Game button, then back out, your nation should show up. Culise solved it by unloading and reloading the mod. It looks like it has an issue loading the mod or something if you go straight to multiplayer.

Same. Started a new game with the mod, backed out and loaded the nationgen turn properly. I have no idea why this issue exists, but eh. We're already doing PBEM so one minor inconvenience doesn't really bother me :P

In other news, nice starting position, nice starting indie neighbours. Yesh.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 15, 2014, 04:56:02 pm »

I'm Unexpected Nation #2, apparently? DF is third from the bottom I think.

Also, I just load up a test game I had with my generated nation of Lissasa and then load up the new turn when I get that problem (spoken like a true veteran :P), works like a charm.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 15, 2014, 05:43:39 pm »

The Unexpected Nations are in sequence based on nation number. So yeah, Lissasa is second, Agor is seventh, I'm ninth, etc.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2014, 07:10:57 pm »

Is that right? I think I'm 4th on the list.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

If you're fourth and not first, then I'm inclined to say the order is random. But ATM, neither 1st nor 4th are submitted, so just note which goes when ya sub...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2014, 04:05:58 pm »

Wow. That's the fastest I've ever gotten a hero. Too bad I never use them because I'm worried about them dying!

Edit: Also, turns out the nation order in the email is different from the nation order on the server, but I'm number 5 in the list on the server. I'm also modnation105 in my turn file. Maybe the 5s are the same? I think Midmatia is 5th in the nation order in the mod too.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:09:03 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2014, 07:02:05 pm »

Oh, maybe, the server page is in order of nation number, but the email is in order of pretender submission?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2014, 07:06:58 pm »

Yeah, I think that's it, actually. Or at least that is what the order seems to be like to me... After I realized that we started with nation 100 and not 101.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:18 pm »

Can I just observe how poorly distributed these thrones are? There's a circle of five of them around the 3-province lake... and worse, there's five more all w/in 1 province or less of the crossroad province NW of the cave system.

Also, this map is claustrophobic. Turn 3 and contact? Really?

Karlito: I was second pretender submitted, and my email still lists the second Unexpected Nation as unsubmitted: Server (where I know I'm 9) is 1S/2U/3U/4S/5S/6U/7S/8U/9S, and email (where I know I'm not 2, 6, 7, or 8) is 1S/2U/3S/4S/5S/6U/7U/8U/9S.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:19:14 pm by E. Albright »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2014, 08:01:21 pm »

I was going through the Hall of Fame, saw "Turn One Prophet," and went "Ok, who's Blue?!" I looked at the pretender list, saw Awake Supercombatant and said, out loud, "Ok, that's fair."

Good job Karlito. :P

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2014, 02:48:14 am »

Oh, I got the most experienced non-mercenary commander :D

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2014, 08:51:51 pm »

Hmmm, that was a bit of a tactical error; I just lost my commander and starting army in a total wipe.  On top of that, I now see one capital, and am beginning to see some dangerous encroachments on dominion from another nation.  This is going to be rather unfortunate, I believe.

And if that negative throne right next to my capital would stop dumping my scales to oblivion, I would be most pleased.  I didn't even know that throne events could go off for an unclaimed throne, much less an indie one. ^_^
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:03:58 pm by Culise »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2014, 09:53:56 pm »

Same here. I didn't lose my commanders, at least. :-\

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2014, 10:08:06 pm »

Same here. I didn't lose my commanders, at least. :-\
I did.  It looks like I'm not the only one, either; there are a couple more fatalities in the Hall of Fame, though one is a mercenary.  Only difference is that Agor actually has someone else in the HoF as well.  ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45