Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 71566 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen!
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2014, 08:04:55 pm »

Simple copy/paste is the plan indeed. Culise sent me the relevant part of the .dm via forum PM. Like so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just copied that bit over the Dousheim part of my .dm and the test game I started seems to have all the changes working at a glance.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2014, 08:36:40 pm »

Don't forget there's also a couple of description elements in the nations definition portion of the file. E.g.:

(I edited #descr and #brief out of that heap. I could probably stand to edit #summary to make it more descriptive as well, but it gets the job done in its original form.)

(Gah, I need to get off my duff and do the other half of my units. I finished making predators/sobek nations for NG this morning, so that distraction is gone; if I can just keep my grubby little paws away from my IDE and the data files, I should be able to get this done...)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2014, 08:49:04 pm »

What sort of ETA can I expect on those descriptions?
I plan to have mine done tomorrow afternoon. Tonight is a possibility.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2014, 09:54:21 pm »

Yeah, I got my troops done, but no commanders yet. I had the nation and hero descriptions done already, so I just need to throw together the commander bits and I'll be good to go. It'll have to wait until tomorrow though, unfortunately.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2014, 02:05:19 pm »

I'll get the descriptions to you tomorrow. I have lots of deadlines looming overhead, so I can't get it any sooner. Deadlines like "play the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth with friends in EU4" and "write that article for the organization's publication".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:13:34 pm by lijacote »
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2014, 02:38:47 pm »

Woohoo I'm not going to be the last one! I'll have mine in in an hour or two, with the makepearls type and hydra change also already made.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »

I'm currently editing the description of my units, and I just read something :
my priest is suppoed to have the "sailing" attribute.
In fact, he has it (and Agor's priest has it too), but without argument so that the game (and the inspector) doesn't use it.

I'm saying it more to report it as a bug than anything else (I don't want a sailing commander who can only lead 10 units...) ;)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2014, 04:54:30 pm »

Do your priests have just leadership-10? Because mine get to lead 15 undead/demons too, which is pretty nice considering I have a nation of out-of-cap D mages and cap B mages. And Peliwyr does have small lakes a plenty.

Would be an awful shame if a dozen devils or wights hit a coast here or there, heh.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2014, 04:57:26 pm »

Yeap, just 10 normal.
And if it were the classic size2, they would be priests who can't travel with sacred units :/

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2014, 05:08:38 pm »

Well... Ten elite units could do some low PD raiding, even with morale penalties from hostile dominion + low leadership. It does definitely seem odd to have a lowly priest who's the only one in the nation that can sail. It certainly has a use though, no doubt about that. Of course that depends on the map having enough coasts within sail distance, I'd say Peliwyr fits that profile well enough.

I just can't for the life of me remember if you get any awesome elite troops to raid with. Certainly none from the Agarthan side :P

Good catch with the size limit, I completely forgot to check how large units my priests can sail with. Might put a damper on my devil express.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2014, 05:12:51 pm »

Well, right now, your priests don't sail.
They have the sailing tag, but without argument it's not even considered by the game, IIRC.

If we're editing them to have the classic "size 2 and as much as they can lead", then I don't think I'll use mine (I have amphibious troops to attack from the sea after all, even if that's much less sneaky). I mean, I've seen more Pale commanders die/flee because of the Heat aura and their lack of armor (oh, look, a single arrow !) than anything else :/

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2014, 05:15:48 pm »

I just ran a quick test and yes, my priest can indeed sail. And it can carry up to size-6 units, so that's no problem either.

edit:
Ran another one, your priests can sail too, and they can lead those hideously overpriced scorpion sacreds of yours.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:21:37 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2014, 05:31:04 pm »

Oh, nice ! :D I'm going to have even more fun that I though ! :D

By the way, I sent you a PM with my nation/units description.
am just waiting for you guys, now (I even have my pretender half ready) :p

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2014, 02:59:51 pm »

I've gotten everyone except Boksi, USEC_OFFICER and lijacote. I'm guessing Boksi won't be sending anything, so that leaves just USEC_OFFICER and lijacote. We can probably wait a day or two, but I really want to get the game up by Friday, so consider that a hard deadline.

I still need to fix my expansion :(

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2014, 03:51:11 pm »

I'm working on it, don't worry. The problem is partly that I have other work to do, partly because coming up with descriptions for almost identical units is hard, and partly because I'm lazy. It'll definitely be ready before Friday though, don't worry.

And my expansion is looking pretty good right now. Can't go wrong with hordes of heavy infantry after all. I should probably look at alternative pretender gods though, just in case I find something better.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45