Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Troubles whit Workshop profiles.  (Read 476 times)

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Troubles whit Workshop profiles.
« on: September 20, 2014, 02:22:09 pm »

Hello, I have some trouble whit My productions in my fort, I currently have quite a few (magma)forges set up, some just to train skills for increasing chance of useable artefacts, as my map do not have any flux, I want to limit only highmasters and legendarys to work whit steel (and spoilerite). I got a few legendaries thru non-possesion artefacts, but they do not use the highmaster/legendary only forges, (I do not even get job cancelations, they just stand unused.

I have tried to reallow all, then resetting the settings to skill highmaster (min) Legendary (Max) whitout any effect.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles whit Workshop profiles.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 03:13:28 pm »

First, I have a stupid question: did you remember to turn the smithing labors on after these dwarves produced their artifacts?

Another stupid question: are the workshops linked to an empty stockpile? Even if a full one is close by?

other than that, I've got nuttin.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 04:32:51 pm »

Did your high-level smiths make their artefacts a long time ago? Skills "rust" after a while and there has been a bug that made dwarfs with "rusty" skills (including legendaries who don't explicitly mark the rusty status of their skills) behave like "dabbling" workers with respect to skill-restricted profiles.

I find that for quality work, personal assignments work better for profiles than skill settings.
And yes, make sure the desired crafting skills are actually enabled and you're not assigning jobs with inappropriate skills: animal traps are made by trappers, mechanisms by mechanics; chains are filed under furniture, but are made by metalcrafters, anvils are listed with the various crafts but are made by blacksmiths (that's the furniture-producing "metalsmithing" labour).

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 04:42:23 pm »

Yes,  they have the skill enabled.

Second, no links, plenty of materials in nearby stockpile.

I checked for rust, thru dwarf therapist, atleast one armourer is still legendary, multiple weaponsmiths, some thru repeated crafting of copper crossbows are legendary.

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:48:01 pm »

Sorry for double-post, but seems to just be something strange whit two of the forges, as I altered the settings on another, and there they began making the items. So, I guess I should just rebuild the affected forges.