Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FPS tanks when trapping bird  (Read 612 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
FPS tanks when trapping bird
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:51:23 pm »

So a giant peregrine falcon flew into my fort, over the walls and into the fortress proper. It was terrified of everything and the dwarves didn't pay it any heed, so I decided I would corral it by tightly closing a door behind it. This was a big mistake, as when the little bastard finally cornered himself and I shut the door on him, he flew directly at the door like it wasn't there, with my FPS dropping from 100 to 4 in the span of about 4 seconds. I managed to catch the beast as intended with cage traps outside the door (installed very very slowly,) but has anyone else had similar problems?

Edit: I tried to repeat the experiment, this time the falcon glitched through the door after about 2 seconds on 5 FPS, and the FPS returned to normal. I corralled it again, and set it in the same corner, and it glitched through immediately.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:55:45 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: FPS tanks when trapping bird
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »

Yes, most of us have:

Bug #797
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:11:56 pm by Tacomagic »

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:01:15 pm »

Tacomagic, that URL is messed up.

He meant this
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:12:22 pm »

How have I never heard of this issue before? Well, thanks guys.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 08:12:39 pm »

Tacomagic, that URL is messed up.

He meant this

Woops, too used to using HTML tags where I can use quotes.  Fixed it.